• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

What do you hope to see vs Arizona tomorrow

I hope to see Guy Landry-Edi have a good game tomorrow. I'm really excited about getting to see him play tomorrow. I know that those who are much wiser than me cautious us to not get too excited about Landry-Edy, but I just can't help myself. I'm just really excited, and I hope I get to see one of his monster dunks tomorrow. This Zag team lacks pizzazz, and I'm hoping Landry's athleticism brings some passion to the game.

I hope to see Dower play as well as he did last night. I think Sacre will struggle again against Arizona.

Make 8 or more three pointers, and shoot 78% from the free throw line.

I know the wise people on this board believe the Zags will lose. But I don't. The Zags are still feeling the sting from those two losses in a row, and they are going to Seattle to rectify them. After the victory on Saturday the Zag ship will sailing with the wind toward Cincinnatti. I know I'm a fool, but it sure feels good being a fool for our beloved Zags! Zags by 3. Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • CanadianZagFan
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Jul 2008

I would like to see a "W"

Comment

• raise the zag
      Zag for Life
      • May 2011

isn't it obvious, Mr. Edi!

A huge sigh of relief for him, the team, and us. Finally.

There were two games I circled on the calendar for must-wins during OOC play this season -- Arizona & Butler (Xavier for honorable mention, yet rising fast).

'Zona b/c of this quote:

"Saturday's game isn't the hokey "Battle of Seattle" as much as it is a showdown between the West's two leading college basketball programs."

To sit atop the throne of West Coast Supremacy once again -- reclaim what is ours!

Comment

• gamagin
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

I want to see more teamwork

more shooting and better ball handling and luck.
        Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
        Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
        Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• gu03alum
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

I'd like to see 12 or less turnovers. I'd like to see consistent defense on every possession. I'd like to see Guy have a good game. I'd like to see Carter get his confidense back. I'd like to see Dower continue the improved play we saw against ORU.

If none of that happens and GU still wins I'd be happy with that too.
          Bring back the OCC

Comment

• JAGzag
            Zag for Life
            • Mar 2007

A more consistent rotation.

Comment

• bartruff1
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2010

Poise

Arizona will expose every weakness and if the youngsters can keep their composure that will be something to see.... and build on for Conference play. Any contribution that Guy makes will be a bonus IMHO.....

Comment

• Birddog
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Streaming video. Sadly, this game is one CBS only broadcasts regionally and the satellite won't help.
                Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                All mimsy were the borogoves,
                And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• sittingon50
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

The Zags alltime fewest turnovers in a game is 3, which they've done twice.

I would like to see them better this record vs UA.

Everything else is gravy.
                  But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Reborn
                    Zag for Life
                    • Oct 2007

I forgot the Gary Bell is going home to play. I hope he has his best game so far in front of his family, friends, coaches and old teammates. That would be special.
                    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• DZ
                      Zag for Life
                      • Sep 2007

Great ball movement. Less than 8 turnovers. More zone defense if one of their players catches fire.

I would like to see both Bell and Pangos hit at least 3 treys each, drawing out the defense away from the middle.

Score at least one more point than Arizona.
                      Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                      Mark Twain.

Comment

• Baldwinzag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Arizona's 4-man is 6'6", 220; their 5-man is 6'7 230.

Every team they've lost to this season has featured a player who is 6'9" or taller and they simply DOMINATED the Wildcats on the boards and scoring with ease underneath. For instance, Miss St's Moultrie is 6'11" and he went 8/9 FG, 20 pts, 10 rebs. Florida's Patrick Young is 6'10" and he converted 12/15 FG, 25pts, 10 rebs. Seattle Pacific's Andy Poling is 6'11" and he notched big pts & rebs vs their smallish frontline. Even in their close wins, NMSU's Rahman is 6'11" and he racked up 15 pts & 8 rebs. SDSU won b/c they shot 67% from 3pt for the game.

Point is, everyone of the teams who beat or lost close battles established their low-post players and were successful. Every single one had their best games of the season vs 'Zona.

Sacre, who is arguably better than any of the post players listed above shouldn't go bonkers vs Arizona. Question is, can we execute an effective game plan to get him going. Arizona feature just ONE bench player who is 6'10", yet a wispy 215lbs. Their primary weakness is far & away their interior front, and its our primary strength. Sometimes we have a tendency to get out-hustled by smaller teams or resort to dumb fouls -- if our boys in the middle play smart, they could have a career day.

If we can spread the floor by hitting shots early on, I'd expect Sacre/Harris/Dower could eat these guys up inside.

Arizona has some out-of-this-world athletes along the wing and top-prospects in their guards, yet they are, quite literally, the 2nd smallest team we've played this season.

Just take a moment to examine Arizona's box-scores -- any time they were matched vs a player over 6'9", they were man-handled. Keep Rob out of foul trouble, crisp/smart entry passes in the post, rebound relentlessly, defend the point of attack and we should be fine. Given the terrific guard play, very encouraging to have Guy's presence on the court tomorrow, it'll be interesting if we see Stocks & Pangs on the court together tomorrow defensively, not much for it when we have Landry/Hart/Gary Bell defending besides one or the other.
                        Last edited by Baldwinzag; 12-16-2011, 12:32 PM.
                        “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Comment

• CaliforniaZaggin'
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2008

1. < 10 turnovers
                          2. Hold AZ to less than 35% from 3
                          3. Win rbs battle

I know that's asking a lot.
                          What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Comment

• kitzbuel
                            • Feb 2007

Under 10 TOs. Do that and keep everything else the same and we got a great chance at getting the win.
                            'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                            - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                              • Feb 2007

Less TOs
                              "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Working...
                              X