Thread: Izzo on Gonzaga crowd/Atmosphere

Default Izzo on Gonzaga crowd/Atmosphere

"I will say this, and I would think the people that were with us (at Gonzaga) would agree. That was an incredible atmosphere our there. Incredible. Maybe as good as any I've been in ... Our team's got some work to do and I think especially our students have some work to do, and maybe Christmas can be the time we all start improving."

-Tom Izzo

Fixed you up right as new SpartyOn... Also thanks... Thought the Kennel Club was awesome last weekend myself.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Wow, very cool. Nice words from one of my favorite coaches.....coach's.....coa....guys who coach a basketball team.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

I hope we can do another home and home series with them. I admire Izzo and enjoy watching his teams play, except I want to beat them next time!
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Thanks Sparty. I don't get to very many other venues so it's nice to know how The Kennel stacks up.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by Radbooks View Post
    I hope we can do another home and home series with them. I admire Izzo and enjoy watching his teams play, except I want to beat them next time!
    I might very well be mistaken, but thought this was a four game series...anyone?

Hadn't heard that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    I might very well be mistaken, but thought this was a four game series...anyone?
    Just two games.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I would love to have ongoing home and home series with Illinois and MSU. Wake would have been a good one to travel out east every other year. I hope Few and Izzo work something out, even if it's between the Palace of Auburn Hills and The Spokane Arena. Great series.

I over heard two MSU fans in the men's room during a second half timeout. One commented to the other-"This is an awesome arena. I hope they invite us back." I agree, the place was rockin'!

If we went there and played with WCC refs, we would need to suit up all the red-shirts, managers and hope the women's team played a game against their women's team in the afternoon b/c our WCC refs would foul out every scholarship athlete in the game, including some MSU football players who cheered too hard. Fortunately, IF we had our women's team there, I think they would help us get the win.

Quote Originally Posted by dazags View Post
    I over heard two MSU fans in the men's room during a second half timeout. One commented to the other-"This is an awesome arena. I hope they invite us back." I agree, the place was rockin'!
    +1 The MAC is getting a name for itself!

I could play Izzo and Co. every year.

SWZag

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

I'm glad to see that the home crowd is getting some of that old mojo back. It looked pretty flat at times over the past couple of years. They looked and sounded great for ND and MSU. They'll need to bring that same intensity for ORU on Thursday.
    Last edited by Martin Centre Mad Man; 12-14-2011 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I'm glad to see that the home crowd is getting some of that old mojo back. It looked pretty at times over the past couple of years. They looked and sounded great for ND and MSU. They'll need to bring that same intensity for ORU on Thursday.
    If you can't get excited about this home schedule you are just never going to get excited about being part of the journey.. this is unbelievable... I can't imagine we will ever have a better one...thank you Jud and Tom and Mark.. Chrismass came early...

Really not sure what the student turnout will be for ORU. Finals this week & kids hitting the road.

Quote Originally Posted by SWZag View Post
    +1 The MAC is getting a name for itself!

I could play Izzo and Co. every year.

SWZag
    +1 Let the Gonzaga-Michigan State rivalry begin!

Love the press & recognition, yet a potential issue is Coach Brey & Coach Izzo may feel our atmosphere is a little too good/rowdy/loud to risk playing in. Brey echoed similar comments following ND's 20pt loss. . .most schools don't return to the Kennel, unless they have to. . .

That said, maybe their respect & admirations for our arena & crowd will entice them to challenge their teams before Conference season/March Madness.
    “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.