Thread: Dec 5th rankings -- #22 in Coaches/#23 in AP

Default Dec 5th rankings -- #22 in Coaches/#23 in AP

Still ranked!

Now its time to earn -- and keep -- the respect come Saturday.

Go! Zags!

Beat Sparty.

DEC 5TH POLLS
    “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

I think it's fair --

Weird that Illinois is right behind us in both polls -- you would think we would be flipped with them.

Oh well, we'll take it --
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Quote Originally Posted by 77Zag View Post
    I think it's fair --

Weird that Illinois is right behind us in both polls -- you would think we would be flipped with them.
    Agreed. The consensus shows the media & coaches believe we lost only b/c it was AT Illinois. Not sure we would have won that game on any floor, especially with Rob going down to injury/fouls, & Illini was fired up & focused.

I expected us to fall out and/or #25ish at best. Pleasant surprise. I realize many don't care about rankings & such, yet I'll admit, I'm a sucker for the # next to our name during broadcasts & more importantly, ESPN highlights & score ticker comes w/being in Top-25.

We have one more chance to remain in the polls, imo. This could be yet another motivator for the guys this wkend.

Mich St still not ranked? Hmmm...that is ridiculous, imo. They've been demolishing the competition since they lost to Duke/UNC, and shellacked formerly ranked Florida St by 20 the other night.
    “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Default Seems about right

GU historically has been better off when we don't have a high ranking anyway. The polls don't really affect NCAA seeding.

Harvard making an apperance. Welcome to the party, Crimson.
    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

its nice when the team you are a fan of is ranked for those reasons... that little #23 next to the team name, being on the espn ticker, showing up on the top of espn.com 's scoreboard, telling your friends the team you follow is ranked, etc

R-E S-P-E-C-T.

For once, a loss while we are ranked does not mean we drop 10 or more spots. We only dropped 4 spots and that is pretty good. Even UNC lost 4 spots when they lost.
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

I think that this is just great. Ok Zags! Beat Michigan St. #23 is one of the greatest of all numbers, and should bring us good luck this Saturday.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!