1 0.76%
  • Hart

2 1.53%
  • Harris

1 0.76%
  • Someone else

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: - - - GUnit of the Game - - - (WashSt)

Default Pangos!

Nice to see Bell getting more comfortable also. Big Rob is in for a BIG YEAR, and with Harris we have one of the best frontcourts in the nation.

This was another great learning expirience for our young guys. We should have won by much more, but what a game from Pangos! He's ties Dan's record in his second game and first start...WOW!!!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Quote Originally Posted by NEC26 View Post
    The most incredible game in GU history for a first start by a freshman. Incredible absolutely incredible. Poise and leadership to go with a killer instinct.

Pangos was simply awesome baby!!!
    This +1... Without it, Sacre can't even save the game considering he was out the whole first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag79 View Post
    This +1... Without it, Sacre can't even save the game considering he was out the whole first half.
    +2. Kevin Pangos

All great posts. I voted Pangos, but Rob was indeed someone to watch live. He is a beast when he comes to play like he did last night. He IS a great leader as we all saw.

Kudos to Bell, and in particular his defense on Aiden. He pretty much shut Aiden down when he was on he was on him. Did a remarkable job on Moore too. I love the way he plays D. 2 three-pointers too, and his AND ONE drive to the basket against two Coug defenders was the play of the game next to Pangos' shooting performance.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Stellar night for pangos. I'm almost positive that the first 20 points of the game were either scored by pangos, assisted by him, or he passed it and the player took a couple dribbles and scored.

But in the end, pangos made several bad 3pt defense decisions and rob played shutout defense with 4 fouls and made 100% of his FTs. Gotta give it to rob, but i think i might regret it.

KP --
    Rob was huge, but KP carried the score well into the game.
    Is this going to be Dukie V's next "Diaper Dandy" --
    Wow, what a great game from a frosh.

Go Zags!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

I voted for RS, because of his defense in the last four + minutes where he had three blocked shots and made great rebounds and had no misses at the line. Yes, Pangos had a career night but think RS sealed the victory with his "D" and "FTs!" I am so amazed at how RS is able to maintain his cool with all the "intentional" fouls he deals with each game. I believe that is one aspect of his game that will make him a "good Pro" when he goes to the next level - his tempermant along with his ability to shoot FTs.

We got the "W" and that is what matters most but would sure love to see us perform better on the defensive end - especially around the 3pt line.

We are rebounding so well...I hope we are able to keep this up when we begin playing the big boys, especially MSU, Butler and AZ.

Like I said before, it was a tough, tough call. Pangos was the key to the Zags winning the first half, Sacre was the key to the Zags winning the second half. The score at the end of the 2nd is the one that counts. Either player was worthy.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.