View Poll Results: Who is your GUnit of the Game vs EWU?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pangos

11 9.82%
  • Harris

34 30.36%
  • Carter

7 6.25%
  • Sacre

52 46.43%
  • Hart

2 1.79%
  • Someone else

6 5.36%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: - - - GUnit of the Game - - - (EWU)

another vote could have gone to Hayford. Kept his team believing and working hard until about the 38 minute mark. Really nice effort; gonna look forward to rooting for EWU this year. I usually root for WSU as my consolation favorite team, but I think EWU has become my second other favorite team.

Zags looked awful, really--no flow, rhythm. I think we will be fine. EWU might be very good, already picked to win conference.

Someone else = refs. That's where my vote went.

I gave it to Rob. I should have voted for myself for not once missing the bucket I kept vomiting in.

Sacre for endurance and free throws.

The perimeter d is going to improve, right?

Lordy!

Default GUnit of Game?

Harris...by a mile.

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

The 3 veterans did what we expected against a good EWU team. Tonight I voted Pangos as he quietly scored in double figures, handled the ball well, went 6-6 from the line (the last couple were clutch), grabbed 4 rebounds and only had 1 turnover in his first ''real" game as a freshman. He looked totally comfortable at the helm and can play D too! I think the point guard debate is close to being resolved (although David will still get his minutes his battle with Kevin only make them both better)...

Carter was at times awful, and at times solid. But there is no way I could ever vote for a guy for player of the game after he makes a half hearted jog to get a loose ball.

Quote Originally Posted by john montana View Post
    Carter was at times awful, and at times solid. But there is no way I could ever vote for a guy for player of the game after he makes a half hearted jog to get a loose ball.
    This. I grew accustomed to Meech's effort. He wasn't the most skilled player, but you could always count on his effort.

My vote was for Harris.
    I miss Mike Hart

Opted for Harris. Thought he was the most impactful, least error prone guy on the court last night. . .

Hart ? 9 Boards was his reward for hustle. He missed his open shot opportunities though.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

i voted EH.

analysis of each player and the game here (written by me, not some 17 yr old kid from NY!)
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9...by-the-numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    This one was easy. Elias Harris. To those who vote Sacre, didn't watch the same game that I saw. And if this was the Sacre that MDABE told us about, we are in deep trouble. This was, to me, one of the worse games Ive seen out of a GU center.
    22 points, 10 boards and 1 PF in 33 minutes is one of the WORST games you've seen from a GU center??? I've seen a lot worse and not many in recent years that were better.
    It's not the size of the Bulldog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the Bulldog!

GO ZAGS!!!

Of course it was one the worst coaching performances ever, according to Reborn. . .

Scoreboard.

Ewu
    11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
    "Make it yourself"
    "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
    "Okay"

Good players beat you in many ways. If Rob gets ten rebounds and puts up 22 pts every game, He'll be an AA. Rob was beatenup by 3 players all night long. He didn't show his hops like he could and he didn't show his 12-15 ft jumper but he had a great game. Rob, if you go see the films, was everywhere. I suppose he could have gotten 30 without the beating but he did fine by me for the first game of his last season. He can repeat this performance all day long and in every game.

Did he perform like this last year? Nope...not often. So, as I said above, he did very well. When's the last time someone did 22-10.?
    Monumental task considering.....

The ref's whistle.

Great post Abe. I cannot believe people are questioning Rob after this game. It was easy to see EWU plan. Foul anytime the ball got inside. Hope we miss some free throws and them to shot 3's. They hoped and actually succeeded in their game plan. Just was not quite enough.

Double digit boards for Rob against a team whose only chance was to play tackle basketball. Rebounding has been Rob's biggest weakness. If he does this every night it'll be a huge improvement for him.

Agree with Abe.

As to those who are saying the refs- the way Eastern was playing (and kudos to them- that and the 3 ball were their chance to win) the refs could easily have called another 10 or 20 fouls on them.

Harris played the better than Sacre. Still he loafed sometimes on defense. EWU was going at him to get open looks

ZZ

Sacre. The word has been spoken. Woohoo may now tally the votes. Oh wait, he uses this poll now. Ok, whatever.
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!