Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game on KHQ if world series goes to game 7.

Default Game on KHQ if world series goes to game 7.

Tipoff is 6 p.m. and the game will be televised locally on either KHQ-TV or KAYU-TV depending on the status of the World Series and a Game 7.

This was on the gozags website.

That was a classic...unreal.

crazy crazy crazy game

WOW. And I was having a hard time rooting for St. Louis because I was afraid we'd miss the GU game tomorrow... THANK GOD! What a great game! FREESE!

What is is about Game Sixes in the World Series ?!?

Great theater

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Tmac5360 View Post
    Tipoff is 6 p.m. and the game will be televised locally on either KHQ-TV or KAYU-TV depending on the status of the World Series and a Game 7.

This was on the gozags website.
    Link? I can't find this information anywhere.

http://www.gozags.com/ViewArticle.db...CLID=205323734

It's about 1/4 of the way down the story.

KHQ just reported during the news that the game would be there, on KHQ.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    KHQ just reported during the news that the game would be there, on KHQ.
    OK I was getting a headache over this. I need to set the TIVO and I was having a woohoo moment about which station to set the recording. Thank goodness I don't live in another time zone.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

I hope FlyZag still can, and will, stream to Justin. I'm counting on it. Otherwise,......

I'll just have to wait till 11/11/11 to see the Zags take on Eastern.

That was the greatest baseball game I have ever seem!!

Pretty sure I only slept about 2 hours after that.

ZManPhilly- I don't suppose you'll have any feed up on this game?
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    That was the greatest baseball game I have ever seem!!

Pretty sure I only slept about 2 hours after that.

ZManPhilly- I don't suppose you'll have any feed up on this game?
    Woohoo...the link to the exhibition game is in this thread....

http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview....ad.php?t=36101

by the way...that game last night is the best i have seen, in any sports. Can't wait for game 7.

After the dinger Hamilton hit I thought game over. Unreal series and as Reno said, great theatre. I'm not as big of a baseball fan as I used to be, seems I can't make the time for it and my mariners have been abysmal. That said, I appreciate good baseball. Glad I can go back to rooting for the red birds (if woohoo will have me back) now that khq is picking up the game

I like KHQ better anyway, its in HD !
    "I'm really excited. I'm excited to wear GONZAGA on my chest.
    -Kevin Pangos-

"You play to win the game, HELLO!?!- I dont care if you have any wins! You play to win the game "-Herm Edwards
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IMk5sMHj58I

Quote Originally Posted by Pargo the Destroyer View Post
    After the dinger Hamilton hit I thought game over. Unreal series and as Reno said, great theatre. I'm not as big of a baseball fan as I used to be, seems I can't make the time for it and my mariners have been abysmal. That said, I appreciate good baseball. Glad I can go back to rooting for the red birds (if woohoo will have me back) now that khq is picking up the game
    You know it playa!

And ZMinPhilly, sorry, must not have been paying much attention. THANKS FOR THE LINK!!!! LIFE...SAVER!

Gosh....we gotta get ZMinPhilly on the payroll!

Quote Originally Posted by EuroZag2010 View Post
    I like KHQ better anyway, its in HD !
    Sorry Euro...you're HD set won't do you any good tonight. KHQ only broadcasts the games in standard def.

Nolan Ryan looked like he had serious gastrointestinal issues in the stands last night.

I am almost certain that intentionally throwing your helmet down (or any piece of equipment) in the middle of a base path is illegal, but as usual, MLB umps selectively enforce the rule book.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Nolan Ryan looked like he had serious gastrointestinal issues in the stands last night.

I am almost certain that intentionally throwing your helmet down (or any piece of equipment) in the middle of a base path is illegal, but as usual, MLB umps selectively enforce the rule book.
    I see players do that all the time, at least on walk-offs, and they don't do anything about it. Maybe it is 'okay' or at least overlooked if it's a game ending play. I think it would be different if it was a home run in the 3rd inning or something, obviously...

Edited to add:

I was looking up something on this, because I was curious if and when they ever enforce something like this, and if so, how it is enforced. This is what I found.

"A baserunner may be called out for DELIBERATELY removing the helmet while the ball is in LIVE BALL TERRITORY and the ball is LIVE.

If you hit the ball out of the park, its a dead ball so the helmet can come off.

Throwing the helmet is not an automatic ejection. Throwing it IN ANGER is. Batters who KO for the 3rd out routinely throw the helmet towards the batboy."

So...who knows. I can't say I have ever seen any action taken against a player for doing so though, at least at the end of a game.

The ball may not be "live," but the guy who hit the home run still has to touch every base (including home plate) before it is officially a home run. I have seen guys called out (after the defense appeals) after hitting home runs for failing to touch a base during their walk around the bases.

Speaking of failing to touch a base....how in the world can the home plate umpire judge if the guy who hit the home run has touched home plate when all that celebration chaos is going on? And then you have his teammates grabbing and touching him before he touches home plate....another possible violation of the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by zagitup View Post
    Sorry Euro...you're HD set won't do you any good tonight. KHQ only broadcasts the games in standard def.
    What the $&@!!!!?? #pissed
    "I'm really excited. I'm excited to wear GONZAGA on my chest.
    -Kevin Pangos-

"You play to win the game, HELLO!?!- I dont care if you have any wins! You play to win the game "-Herm Edwards
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IMk5sMHj58I

Default Game 7

Anybody who chooses to watch GU vs. Carroll College instead of watching Game 7 of the World Series is a hell of a lot better GU fan than I am.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

Go St. Louis!
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Speaking of failing to touch a base....how in the world can the home plate umpire judge if the guy who hit the home run has touched home plate when all that celebration chaos is going on? And then you have his teammates grabbing and touching him before he touches home plate....another possible violation of the rules.
    Haha, i've wondered that too. I was watching last night and saw the ump standing there looking down towards their feet, but since there were about 40 of them, it's hard to know for sure that he actually DOES touch it.

Either way though...game was over. Unless we get REALLY technical...

I'm guessing you're not much of a Cardinals fan? haha

Can't believe Cruz let up when going after the near HR in the 9th. When you're going after that ball to win the World Series, there better be a hole in the wall after the play is over.
    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Fortunately, I have no rooting interest. I am very much enjoying this series.

I do, however, have big time problems with the routine selective enforcement of MLB rules....starting with the strike zone and batter's box. It has ruined the game for me as much as the steroids thing, although I still appreciate the game enough to not boycott it.

Fortunately, I have no rooting interest. I am very much enjoying this series.

I do, however, have big time problems with the routine selective enforcement of MLB rules....starting with the strike zone and batter's box. It has ruined the game for me as much as the steroids thing, although I still appreciate the game enough to not boycott it.
    They were talking on my local sports radio show a few days ago about a guy that is in the middle of developing some sort of hologram technology or something like that, and it would basically make an invisible rectangle above home plate, and it would detect strikes and balls.

What would you think about something like that? It would be interesting, that's for sure.