Thread: Is the Carroll College game on Dish?

Default Is the Carroll College game on Dish?

Root is 426 on Dish, but it's not listing the game. Anyone know otherwise? The reason that I ask is because the L&C game was on Dish last year. Thanks

The game is only available on KAYU. Not covered by Root.
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo Roncalli View Post
    The game is only available on KAYU. Not covered by Root.
    Yes, I saw it advertised last night on tv. It is going to be on Fox KAYU channel 28 if you have Directv. I think they said around 6 pm. (Not sure if that is nationally or only locally for Spokane area).

You know I thought that it would have been on KHQ channel 6. Like always. But, I checked on the GU Official Site and it says KAYU.

Quote Originally Posted by GPGUgrad View Post
    You know I thought that it would have been on KHQ channel 6. Like always. But, I checked on the GU Official Site and it says KAYU.
    Ohhh, Wooooohoooooo!

Go ZAGS!

With the world series being postponed tonight there is a chance it could last through friday. If this happens I would assume the gonzaga game would get bumped. I guess I am now rooting for the rangers to close it out tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gin N GUice View Post
    With the world series being postponed tonight there is a chance it could last through friday. If this happens I would assume the gonzaga game would get bumped. I guess I am now rooting for the rangers to close it out tomorrow.
    I would rather watch a meaningless Gonzaga exhibition than a St. Louis/Texas world series matchup.....even if it's game 7. PLEASE don't bump this game
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
    Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bullzag23 View Post
    I would rather watch a meaningless Gonzaga exhibition than a St. Louis/Texas world series matchup.....even if it's game 7. PLEASE don't bump this game
    HEY NOW!! Don't forget that you DO have St. Louisans in here!!!!

Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Any chance for some sort of Internet broadcast? There was a guy last year (cannot remember his name now) that would broadcast the games on a website. I would be forever grateful as this is my first year away from Spokane and I'm really going to miss watching my Zags. It was hard enough to miss Kraziness.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

I setup a PC-based DVR and my plan was to be a backup for access to the games. I will expemriment with it tonight or thursday with ustream or Justin.tv and see if I can capture the stream coming from my cablecard TV tuner (silicondust.com). My plan is to record the SD and HD recordings (it can record 3 channels at once) for all the Zags games. If the HD ones aren't copy-protected (will vary) I will make those available somehow online after the fact. Regardless I can make files with the SD ones.

I didn't think of this at the time, but I am not sure how I can capture the signal/stream from SilconDust box and send it right to JustinTV. I may have to do something tricky.

Either way I will give it a shot.

Default Its not on Fox...

It's supposed to be on KHQ at 6pm...

Below is a streaming site I use for all NFL, NCAA football, NBA, NHL, & baseball games I'm unable to watch on cable.

Just click on the Sport you wish to tune-in(at the top) & a list of games will be available, along with different stream options.

Works great for College hoops too...easily one of the best streaming sites I've utilized.

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/sport/football.html

Not sure they'll carry KHQ across the nation, but maybe we can set something up? Good website to add to your 'bookmarks' for all sports enthusiasts.
    “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Apparently I am incorrect...it is scheduled for Friday on KAYU. However, I can pretty much tell you it won't be on KAYU at 6pm as the World Series will take precedence. Not sure what will happen now...sure would like to know??

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post

Well Spokane blacking out the WS for a GU exhibition game wouldn't hurt you then, would it?
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
    Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

Wink

Woohoo...is paradise really in Missouri ??

Now I actually have a rooting interest in the World Series. If Texas wins tomorrow, then everything is handled...go Rangers!

You may have to bite the bullet on this one...

So are we saying that we don't think the game will be on local TV cause of the world series??

Quote Originally Posted by awberke View Post
    So are we saying that we don't think the game will be on local TV cause of the world series??
    Yup. Rangers get the W, we get the Zags

Quote Originally Posted by Pargo the Destroyer View Post
    Yup. Rangers get the W, we get the Zags
    Well shoot, I hope the rangers have been practicing their ball scratching and spitting and...what else does a good baseball team do to prepare?

Default Is it just me..

I attend the games at the kennel then I go home relax and rewatch the game again with on my DVR ..my boyfriend seems to think I'm really odd. Please tell me it's not true lol
    "I'm really excited. I'm excited to wear GONZAGA on my chest.
    -Kevin Pangos-

"You play to win the game, HELLO!?!- I dont care if you have any wins! You play to win the game "-Herm Edwards
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IMk5sMHj58I

Wouldn't they show the Zags on a tape delay some time after the WS game, if necessary ?
    Last edited by RenoZag; 10-27-2011 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EuroZag2010 View Post
    I attend the games at the kennel then I go home relax and rewatch the game again with on my DVR ..my boyfriend seems to think I'm really odd. Please tell me it's not true lol
    Nope, I do that too. Makes for some late nights getting back to the Valley after a game that tips at 8pm and not re-watching the game until ~11pm

Quote Originally Posted by awberke View Post
    Well shoot, I hope the rangers have been practicing their ball scratching and spitting and...what else does a good baseball team do to prepare?
    Play practical jokes on each other.

I would expect some resolution, or at least, some kind of contingency plan to be announced soon.

Default They'll move the game to KHQ-6...

I would expect some resolution, or at least, some kind of contingency plan to be announced soon.
    ...if a Game 7 occurs. This is what they've done in the past when something similar has occurred, an event of epochal importance being scheduled for broadcast on Fox when a GU game had been scheduled on KAYU.

Like a Glee rerun, or a postponed NASCAR race.

I believe both stations are owned by the Cowles family, as they share the same news staff and cross-promote programming extensively.

The regular KHQ programming during that time slot consists of local news and game shows, but they would have put it on KAYU for tomorrow to avoid the pique of Wheel of Fortune fans. The only group they fear more than disgruntled Wheel of Fortune fans is...disgruntled Zag fans.

Default Thanks....I hope you can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post
    I setup a PC-based DVR and my plan was to be a backup for access to the games. I will expemriment with it tonight or thursday with ustream or Justin.tv and see if I can capture the stream coming from my cablecard TV tuner (silicondust.com). My plan is to record the SD and HD recordings (it can record 3 channels at once) for all the Zags games. If the HD ones aren't copy-protected (will vary) I will make those available somehow online after the fact. Regardless I can make files with the SD ones.

I didn't think of this at the time, but I am not sure how I can capture the signal/stream from SilconDust box and send it right to JustinTV. I may have to do something tricky.

Either way I will give it a shot.
    This would be great if you could have the GU games on JustinTV, as we had in the past. It really helps the Zag fans who do not live in the Northwest and have access to the local channels for the games.

Thanks in advance for your efforts! Let us know if it works.