Thread: Could this effect our game with Xavier?

Default Could this effect our game with Xavier?

This is an AP article I found on ESPN: "CINCINNATI -- Xavier senior center Kenny Frease has been suspended indefinitely by coach Chris Mack.

The Musketeers coach said Friday that the 7-foot Frease "did not fulfill all the responsibilities of a Xavier basketball player."

Frease, a preseason second-team selection in the Atlantic 10, averaged 11.7 points and 7.1 rebounds last season.

The Musketeers, who have won or shared the last five A-10 regular-season titles, were the runaway choice as the preseason No. 1 in the conference."

I mentioned in a previous thread that Frease did not score a point against us last year but playing at home, might have given him some added motivation. Xavier is rather thin in the post so I believe this gives us a slight edge in our match-up with them on New Year's Eve...then again, he might well be permitted back on the team making this point moot!

In my experience, these "indefinite" suspensions are usually anything but (see Wazzu). It means he'll miss a couple of cupcake games in the first couple of weeks. I'd be extremely surprised if he misses any meaningful time...

Not likely...

"Indefinitely" could mean one practice, one game, or the year. Given the fact he's a Senior and Xavier desperately needs his presence in the front court, my bet he's back on the court by Game 1.

Xavier is my sleeper pick as a Top-10 team all season. Have a feeling they'll be our highest ranked opponent when its all said & done.

Outside of a vastly underrated St Mary's squad, Xavier & Arizona are our toughest games this year, imo.