Thread: Amedeo Della Valle

Default Amedeo Della Valle

slipperstillfit Slipper Still Fits
    According to @EvanDanielscout , Gonzaga has offered 2012 PG Amedeo Della Valle....this could explain the staff backing off Tyrone Wallace

saw this on twitter. sorry if this is in another thread. anyone know who this kid is or where he's from? sounds like some sort of composer.

I was just researching this kid, after seeing the Scout story on him (subscription).
    LAS VEGAS -- Dinos Trigonis' Las Vegas Fall Showcase tipped off late Wednesday night matching up Findlay Prep against the best players in Las Vegas. In the end it was an International guard that caught our eye.

Two years ago it was Enes Kanter. Last year it was Otto Porter.

Both Kanter and Porter went from virtually unknown prospects to among the best players in the country their senior years of high school.

This year Amedeo Della Valle has the potential to follow in their footsteps.

During a scrimmage between Findlay Prep and a team made up of the best prospects in Las Vegas, Della Valle showed clear high major ability and appears to be the best available point guard in the 2012 class.
    .... Arizona, California, St. Mary’s, Gonzaga, Portland, Utah and UMass have offered him a scholarship. Sean Miller, who holds a commitment from Findlay post Brandon Ashley, was in to see Della Valle recently.

Although the college attention is there, Della Valle won’t be making a college choice until the spring.
    FIBA U18 Profile for Team Italy, with stats

STATISTICS

15.1 Points per game
    3.0 Rebounds per game
    2.1 Assists per game
    He's #8 in the photo below:

Video from the game vs. France at the FIBA U18. Again, he's #8.

Looks like a good 'un. No visits planned this fall, and he's holding off until spring to decide.

Another Guard!!??!?!?!?!
    I hope Few's 5 guard offense is coming along well
    Last edited by MDABE80; 09-30-2011 at 10:52 AM. Reason: mmmm

FWIW, his profile on FIBA U18 lists him as a shooting guard.

I believe Coach Few shares my opinion that you can't have too many purses or shoes or guards.

Funny. His name is similar to the St. Mary's kid Dellavadova, and sure enough, he plays the same scrappy style. (See Youtube clips) You really never know what you're gonna get from Europe, though. He could be Big Sky caliber or he could be high-major.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

very wierd as I am friends with Anthony Bennett on facebook and was checking this kid out today
    reminded me of delavadova with the bounce in his step

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    Funny. His name is similar to the St. Mary's kid Dellavadova, and sure enough, he plays the same scrappy style.
    It would be nice to have a player that annoys them as much as Dellavadova annoys us. Does he wear a mouth guard?

a scoring PG = a shooting guard. I can dig it.

6'3", he has the length to play some shooting guard and still may put on another inch or so. From that video it sure looks like he plays hard, you have to like that.

Just finished watching 5 videos of Amedeus...err...Amedeo.

He is the reincarnation of Dellavedova. BZ nailed it. He'd be a terrific fit for St Mary's & their offense(or any team for that matter). To be honest, I'm not sure what we'd do with him considering we already have 5 or 6 legit guards on the roster in only their frosh/soph years. It may be the first(& only) time I wouldn't mind seeing them secure a very good player instead of us. I'd love to watch this kid play at the next level -- extremely fun to watch play the sport of bball. Tons of heart, balls to the wall, never stops moving, active in all phases, scrappy, et al. His long-range shot is a bit funkalish & will need to improve, but easy to see why these schools showered him with offers. He'd be an asset for ANY team in the Country. Seems like the type of kid who would choose the best fit instead of the best name...

Very nice find.

I see the Dellavedoa comparrison. However, for me a see Steve Nash more. Della Valle would be a great pick-up for Gonzaga. I didn't see anything wrong with his outside shot. I think his shot looks a lot like Nash's. Yes, unconventional, but he knows how to get through the basket and that's what counts, imo. I can definitely see why Gonzaga is going after him.

What I like about Amedeo is his ability to find the open spot. He does not stand around (as was mentioned here), and he moves with purpose. He is also a great penetrator, and can really shoot the mid-range jumper. I really like his defense too. He knows how to be in the right spot on D also. Nice find.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

We'd be lucky to secure a player that even resembles a Dellavedova, whom by the way, is on pace to surpass Nash's college stats by a wide margin. Personally, I more impressed by Delly's play than Steve Nash at the same stage and wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him make the League by his Senior year.

Mouthpiece's stats his Soph season were: 13.3 ppg 5.2 apg 3.5 rpg. Almost identical his Frosh season. He also shot nearly 40% from 3pt, 88% from FT, & a couple of steals to boot. Hard to forget Delly scored 24 & 21 against Gonzaga.

He's big(6'4"), strong, aggressive, & fearless. He's one of the best players in the WCC, hands down. Also, don't forget players like McConnell barely played until their Junior season, he's been playing at a high level since day 1.

I have a feeling Delly is going to EXPLODE this year. I'm talking Dan Dickau-esque burst onto the basketball scene. While his look/style absolutely annoy me, I'm tremendously impressed with his game. He represented the Australian Senior National team this Summer and killed it. I could honestly see him averaging upwards to 18-20ppg, 5+apg. Yes, he's the brunt of most jokes around here, & deservedly so, but his bball skills are something to admire.

We can only hope a player like Pangos can develop into a player such as him or be even half as effective/efficient as Dellavedova is for St Mary's. He's only a Junior this upcoming season and has already scored 900 points(over 13 per game) & dished out 333 assists(over 5 per game) -- that is damn impressive. One of the best starts for a young PG in WCC history!

Alright, back to the regularly scheduled thread about DellaValle, not Dellavedova. Got distracted there...

Above all, we'd be lucky to have either Delly, if you ask me.

Zag hair.

Della Valle looks good-- a bit more height (as mentioned previously another inch or two would be great).

As far as Delly (St Marys) goes --We will see how he does when he is the focus of the opposing teams defense/best defensive stopper. He has the tools to do well, but will he?

GU hedging against an early leave for one of its young shooting guards?

I really wonder if we sometimes offer kids just to keep our name afloat; similar to kids mentioning us even if interest had cooled. I'm not saying that this kid doesn't have skill, but it does seem like we're set at the 1/2 for a few years. I'd much prefer Z. Lavine anyhow!!!!!
    Go Zags!!!

I agree with Hooter. If a certain player blows up it and heads off to the NBA it would be nice to have someone to step into his scholly.

I am not saying that someone is -- we will need to wait and see.

Default Hey... I have an idea!

If we get him we could do this thing that other teams around the nation do when they are deep at a postition... we could red shirt him. What happens when you red shirt a player is they get to stay a freshman for one more year while practicing with the team.

Kind of a crazy idea, I mean that 14th guy off of the bench is pretty important in this offense for a few minutes at the end of a blowout 3 times a year.

Sorry about that, anyways, it would be nice to have another scrappy player on the team. That was one of the biggest things I liked about AMMO, we have been sorely lacking that the past few years.
    "If you don't know that you then dont know anything about basketball, you don't know anything about life" Adam Morrison

Zagfaninnc is no longer in NC, back in Spokane

watching the video, doesn't this kid look and move like Rickie Rubio?

runner: Love the comments about Delly the mouthpiece and I agree that he's a stud of a player, but I'm sort of thinking he's going to have a harder time now that little mickey has moved on.

Page and Holt are major drops at the PG for the gaels. I'm guessing that Delly will handle the ball a lot as a 2 guard, a-la Bouldin. This will force tougher shots. Look for his scoring to go up, but his percentages down.

I bet both Delly and Rob Jones are going to find life after Mcconnell a lot tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by BULLDOG#1 View Post
    runner: Love the comments about Delly the mouthpiece and I agree that he's a stud of a player, but I'm sort of thinking he's going to have a harder time now that little mickey has moved on.

Page and Holt are major drops at the PG for the gaels. I'm guessing that Delly will handle the ball a lot as a 2 guard, a-la Bouldin. This will force tougher shots. Look for his scoring to go up, but his percentages down.
    Agreed, yet their new PG transfer, Paul McCoy, is receiving rave reviews. He is eligible to play this season after sitting out last.

McCoy averaged 13.5 ppg, 3 apg, 4 rpg, & 1.6 steals as a Freshman for Southern Methodist U. He shot 37% from 3pt too...

He could have a huge impact for the Gaels w/the loss of Mickey...also, given an opportunity, Jorden Page could be the real deal -- I recall him tearing us apart in the WCC tourney 2 yrs ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Therunner View Post
    Agreed, yet their new PG transfer, Paul McCoy, is receiving rave reviews. He is eligible to play this season after sitting out last.

McCoy averaged 13.5 ppg, 3 apg, 4 rpg, & 1.6 steals as a Freshman for Southern Methodist U. He shot 37% from 3pt too...

He could have a huge impact for the Gaels w/the loss of Mickey...also, given an opportunity, Jorden Page could be the real deal -- I recall him tearing us apart in the WCC tourney 2 yrs ago.
    Yes. I saw McCoy's team defeat Brad Tinsley's for the Oregon big school championship. He was a bigtime hs sprinter and fb player, a Goodson-caliber athlete with an adequate shot, but more important, a very good passer and floor general.

And you could say almost anyone is a dropoff from McConnell, but Holt is a hell of a player who took a back seat last year, but could be as good as Mickey if he grows as a player at the same rate.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Pretty solid grasp of the English language, I was worried what I might get out of that interview, but it was not as bad as I thought.