• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RenoZag
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Happy Happy, Joy Joy

Red Sox are out of the playoffs as are the Braves. . .No tomahawk chop and no more blather about Red Sox effing Nation. . .Red Sox Nation and Bill Simmons can kiss my arse.
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas
  • sittingon50
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

I'm with you 100% on your observations, Reno.

As a baseball fan, you would be pretty hard pressed to find as much "real time" excitement as we had tonight. Unbelievable drama.
    But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• RenoZag
      Super Moderator
      • Feb 2007

50: I was listening to the local sports talk show for a bit on my way home from work when they mentioned the MLB Network was covering the games "like the NFL Red Zone" channel. I had yardwork to do when I got home but I was lucky enough to tune in for the Tampa comeback & the BoSox collapse. . .

"Drama" indeed.
      The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• gu03alum
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

I sat down to watch the Rays game last night and then they went down 7-0 while the Red Sox were on top of the Orioles. I turned it off and watched something else. I am so disappointed I didn't continue to watch.

I think the right teams made it as the Sox and the Braves would probably be swept right out in the first round with the way they have played lately.
        Bring back the OCC

Comment

• ellenvega
          Kennel Club Material
          • Feb 2007

Yeah, but we still have the Yankees.

Comment

• sittingon50
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

03alum

It could have been worse. You could have been among the thousands of TB fans that were seen streaming out of the ballpark when the Rays were down 7-0.

Not as bad as leaving Dodger Stadium before Gibson's homer, but up there.
            But we don't play nobody.

Comment

Working...
            X