Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: What are you eating right now?

I was telling my daughter (12) that in Canada, just about everywhere you go that has french fries there is the option to have gravy on them.

I said, it is so good and so obvious (provided it's good gravy) that I couldn't figure out why NO ONE here has figured out to offer it. So she said she wanted to try it. We made out own french fries - baked so not drenched in oil - and I got a bit of an high-end gravy mix and made it. She LOVED it and calls them "Canadian Chips" - lots of Canadians call them chips (both fries and chips are used interchangeably), I guess the Canadians are more British in that respect.

But it's kind of a cool joke now with her that it's the Canadian in her - which she's VERY proud of bc it's kind of exotic down here.

Poutine (Gravy, cheese curds, bacon bits, gravy) is beloved up there and they taste unbelievable, but it's a little much for me. You feel like you gain a pound with every bite. But I could go with the gravy every time if it's good gravy.

Recommend y'all try it as something different. It can't be "bad" as you know.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    I was telling my daughter (12) that in Canada, just about everywhere you go that has french fries there is the option to have gravy on them.

I said, it is so good and so obvious (provided it's good gravy) that I couldn't figure out why NO ONE here has figured out to offer it. So she said she wanted to try it. We made out own french fries - baked so not drenched in oil - and I got a bit of an high-end gravy mix and made it. She LOVED it and calls them "Canadian Chips" - lots of Canadians call them chips (both fries and chips are used interchangeably), I guess the Canadians are more British in that respect.

But it's kind of a cool joke now with her that it's the Canadian in her - which she's VERY proud of bc it's kind of exotic down here.

Poutine (Gravy, cheese curds, bacon bits, gravy) is beloved up there and they taste unbelievable, but it's a little much for me. You feel like you gain a pound with every bite. But I could go with the gravy every time if it's good gravy.

Recommend y'all try it as something different. It can't be "bad" as you know.
    Gravy on fries is fairly common here (at most amusement parks and fairs, but I think some restaurants do it too), although I usually order cheddar cheese on them with garlic salt. We must be close enough to Canada to have fries with gravy but no Tim Hortons lol.

Oreo's
    But we don't play nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    Gravy on fries is fairly common here (at most amusement parks and fairs, but I think some restaurants do it too), although I usually order cheddar cheese on them with garlic salt. We must be close enough to Canada to have fries with gravy but no Tim Hortons lol.
    Coffee is such a small pleasure. I am not a coffee snob, I use a Mr Coffee with a timer, so it will be ready in the morning for my daily cup (1 1/2 by measurement). We normally use a store blend/medium roast (my wife used to like Folgers, but no longer) and it is coffee...but hardly exciting. I stumbled across some bags at the store, "Barista Brothers" (which seems wrong to my senses [doesn't ending in an 'A' imply female?]).
    Yesterday morning, I made coffee and opened a bag of the new. My wife DID ask about it. I know that it is better for a small price more.
    They are often sold out, but I buy 2 bags or more when they have it.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Coffee is such a small pleasure. I am not a coffee snob, I use a Mr Coffee with a timer, so it will be ready in the morning for my daily cup (1 1/2 by measurement). We normally use a store blend/medium roast (my wife used to like Folgers, but no longer) and it is coffee...but hardly exciting. I stumbled across some bags at the store, "Barista Brothers" (which seems wrong to my senses [doesn't ending in an 'A' imply female?]).
    Yesterday morning, I made coffee and opened a bag of the new. My wife DID ask about it. I know that it is better for a small price more.
    They are often sold out, but I buy 2 bags or more when they have it.
    I meant TH for the donuts we buy the Costco size bags of Starbucks French roast (unless Costco has something else dark roast we like), we're going through the bags a lot faster since my one pot is now 3. We use an espresso pot to make coffee because we like it really strong. The drip maker wasn't cutting it. Sometimes I'll put syrup in it or use the frother from Ikea to make the milk fluffy, but it's not a necessity.

I meant TH for the donuts we buy the Costco size bags of Starbucks French roast (unless Costco has something else dark roast we like), we're going through the bags a lot faster since my one pot is now 3. We use an espresso pot to make coffee because we like it really strong. The drip maker wasn't cutting it. Sometimes I'll put syrup in it or use the frother from Ikea to make the milk fluffy, but it's not a necessity.
    We have a Krups single serve espresso maker, with a frother, and a grinder for fresh beans.
    I make a nice cappuccino once or twice a year. I also like it strong, but don't like the bitter that sometimes comes with using more grounds.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Paella. Celebrating the overall number one seed in the 2021 NCAA tournament

Sent via mobile device

The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Corned beef with red potatoes yesterday. Future source of hash tomorrow

Sent via mobile device

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post

Corned beef with red potatoes yesterday. Future source of hash tomorrow

Sent via mobile device
    Corned beef hash, eggs over easy, SD toast. . .easy brunch.

Accompanied by a glass of OJ and a Bloody Mary. #GoZags

Egg Salad Sandwich

I love the pictures Reno. I love them a bit too much, as I make some pork tenderloin porkchops, some side pasta and spinach salad for me and daughter. Believe it or not, that's one of her favorite meals, she'll eat the whole thing, and it'll be her 2nd spinach salad today.

I have a kid who's loved spinach salads since age 3. I am not sure what I did to deserve that. Ex used to say "She should have other vegetables, too." I would say, maybe ideally, but just about every vitamin she could get from those is actually in the spinach, too. If one can only eat one vegetable, it should be spinach.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Smoked some pastrami. Brisket Point.

Pork Chop, Mac & Cheese.

Pasta with meat sauce. #comfortfood

Sent via mobile device

Eggs, link sausage, hash browns, OJ, coffee. . .breakfast for lunch

Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post
    Smoked some pastrami. Brisket Point.

Dang. I love home smoked pastrami.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark

Egg MucMuffin, the most perfect fast food sandwich ever created IMO.

Reno, email me or DM me here if you still can
    Mark Twain.

Done.

Strongly disagree with your opinion. The Egg McMuffin isn't even McDonald's best breakfast sandwich. That honor clearly goes to the Sausage McMuffin with Egg.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

I'm not a fan of English Muffins. I'd get a biscuit at McD's, a croissant at Burger King, but first and foremost a breakfast sandwich on a hot pretzel from our local gas station chain.

I'm not a fan of English Muffins. I'd get a biscuit at McD's, a croissant at Burger King, but first and foremost a breakfast sandwich on a hot pretzel from our local gas station chain.
    Breakfast sandwich on a hot pretzel. I normally steer clear of gas station food but I would try that.

You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Tim's Jalapeno chips

Quote Originally Posted by Eroop22 View Post
    Breakfast sandwich on a hot pretzel. I normally steer clear of gas station food but I would try that.

I normally do too but they're more about MTO food than your typical Gas station hot dogs on a rolling cooker. Soft pretzels make everything better.

When you’re getting ready to listen to a Walton-Pasch broadcast, stout provisions are mandatory

Sent via mobile device