Page 51 of 262 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 6544

Thread: If you think it, post it

Quote Originally Posted by bullzag23 View Post
    Hazmat spill on I-5 North at the I-90 interchange. Probably the worst spot this could happen.
    Yikes! Similar thing happened on a bay area freeway when I was living in San Francisco a while back. A tanker truck crashed and caught on fire, and the concrete couldn't withstand the heat... then, crash. The interchange starts collapsing. The repairs were pretty quick, but that was back when the state actually had money available to fix things.
    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Oh ####......

That, my friend, is the norm on all DC area roads 6 hours daily. 6-9 AM and 4-7 PM. Sat and Sun afternoons are close to that bad, too.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    That, my friend, is the norm on all DC area roads 6 hours daily. 6-9 AM and 4-7 PM. Sat and Sun afternoons are close to that bad, too.
    Normally I take the bus and train and I hate it. Driving isn't a whole lot better. Yesterday, I drove home from work. It was awful. There was so much stop and go, though way for stop than go. I got to exit 60 on I66 and traffic just stopped. There was no slow crawl. It was just stopped for what seemed like forever and I was only 3 miles from my exit. There were no accidents and no reason for the stop just too many cars.

I was driving in Seattle a few weeks ago with my Grandmother in rush hour traffic and she was complaining about how awful it was and how it was surely the worst in the nation. No way Grandma. We were still moving albeit slowly, but still moving. The other difference is during offpeak times in Seattle I can get around pretty easily. That is definitely not the case in Virginia. I have come home many times late at night and have been caught in a nonmoving traffic jam for miles.
    Bring back the OCC

Note to Bullzag.... Ummm don't hot link to a non-static image... Right now you are oh ####ting an empty road.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Note to Bullzag.... Ummm don't hot link to a non-static image... Right now you are oh ####ting an empty road.
    Yep. I was thinking, "Well that's not too bad."

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

I think I'm going to get a license plate that says BTHSLTS
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    Normally I take the bus and train and I hate it. Driving isn't a whole lot better. Yesterday, I drove home from work. It was awful. There was so much stop and go, though way for stop than go. I got to exit 60 on I66 and traffic just stopped. There was no slow crawl. It was just stopped for what seemed like forever and I was only 3 miles from my exit. There were no accidents and no reason for the stop just too many cars.

I was driving in Seattle a few weeks ago with my Grandmother in rush hour traffic and she was complaining about how awful it was and how it was surely the worst in the nation. No way Grandma. We were still moving albeit slowly, but still moving. The other difference is during offpeak times in Seattle I can get around pretty easily. That is definitely not the case in Virginia. I have come home many times late at night and have been caught in a nonmoving traffic jam for miles.
    Another difference too is that traffic congestion extends to the secondary and tertiary roads in the DC area. I was riding with my sister a couple years ago on Highway 16 in Tacoma that was backed up at the bridge. As soon as we got off 16 traffic was fine. That does not happen in NoVa. I don't get clear of traffic coming home until I get on the little local street I live on.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Another difference too is that traffic congestion extends to the secondary and tertiary roads in the DC area. I was riding with my sister a couple years ago on Highway 16 in Tacoma that was backed up at the bridge. As soon as we got off 16 traffic was fine. That does not happen in NoVa. I don't get clear of traffic coming home until I get on the little local street I live on.
    I end up having to use those secondary roads a lot because of the HOV restrictions on 66. I usually try to get through 66 before 6:30 (it turns to all HOV at 6:30 AM) in the morning, but today traffic was unusually heavy and it was 6:30 before I even hit the beltway. I took like 10 minutes just to get on the beltway. I got off at 50 and drove in that way before getting onto Washington Blvd to get to 395 by the Pentagon. The 50 and Washington Blvd have all of the traffic that the freeways do along with lights and lower speed limits. When I get off of 295 in DC to go to work it's always backed up to the freeway all the way to the entrance of my work. So it takes me anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes to go like a mile and a half once off the freeway to get on the base. If only I could telework.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    I just noticed this.....oops

Anyway turns out the spill was only 2 gallons.... but it still took hours to clean up. The chemical couldn't come in contact with water or it could potentially become flammable or release toxic gas of some sort.

I stuck around town for a while to grab a haircut and stop by best buy to no avail. I-5 and 99 North were both awful until you got into the city.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
    Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

That sucks BZ. One thing that gets me through the commute whether I'm stuck on a train under the ground or stuck in traffic is listening to podcasts.
    Bring back the OCC

I like Deadspin, but this might be the greatest thing I have seen on Deadspin.

LINK

Bring back the OCC

I like Deadspin, but this might be the greatest thing I have seen on Deadspin.

LINK

That's funny, but it's unfortunate they happen to be a Steelers fan.
    Steven Wright

That's funny, but it's unfortunate they happen to be a Steelers fan.
    Wait, you're not a Steeler's fan are you?!
    Bring back the OCC

Wait, you're not a Steeler's fan are you?!
    No, I just find it unfortunate that Steelers fans exist.
    Steven Wright

No, I just find it unfortunate that Steelers fans exist.
    ha ha, ok good, you had me worried for a second.
    Bring back the OCC

I had a post on MBB today calling out another poster for taking a dump on Micah Downs and it has disappeared. Usually when I have a post deleted by a Mod I get a PM telling me that I was out of line.
    Bring back the OCC

I had a post on MBB today calling out another poster for taking a dump on Micah Downs and it has disappeared. Usually when I have a post deleted by a Mod I get a PM telling me that I was out of line.
    What thread was that?
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

The SI thread about Few. I replied to Mick Mick's post because I think he unfairly took a shot at Micah who is having a nice career in Europe and I posted a video of a couple of sick dunks he had over there.
    Bring back the OCC

I sense another MBB reject thread...
    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaZaggin' View Post
    I sense another MBB reject thread...

??
    Steven Wright

Back to back indoor soccer games will definitely substitute for a 3 mile run......ouch
    Steven Wright

Last night I was at a bar with some friends from work. I was talking to a couple of very hot girls (at least they looked hot 5 or 6 beers in). I wasn't going to do anything past talking to them, but then a friend came up and told them what a great family man I was. It made me look like a total ass especially because I wasn't wearing my wedding ring. I had to explain to them the reason I wasn't wearing a wedding ring because my fingers have gotten fatter since I got married and it doesn't fit anymore. He definitely did it so he could pull them away from me and make his move. What a dick. Maybe I was being a dick by misleading those girls, but doesn't guy code come in play here? Maybe if he was patient I would have introduced him to the girls.
    Bring back the OCC

Last night I was at a bar with some friends from work. I was talking to a couple of very hot girls (at least they looked hot 5 or 6 beers in). I wasn't going to do anything past talking to them, but then a friend came up and told them what a great family man I was. It made me look like a total ass especially because I wasn't wearing my wedding ring. I had to explain to them the reason I wasn't wearing a wedding ring because my fingers have gotten fatter since I got married and it doesn't fit anymore. He definitely did it so he could pull them away from me and make his move. What a dick. Maybe I was being a dick by misleading those girls, but doesn't guy code come in play here? Maybe if he was patient I would have introduced him to the girls.
    You were shot down by your own wingman. Maverick wouldn't have done that to Iceman.

It's always good to have a game plan going in
    Go Zags!!!

A good friend of mine from my GU days met his wife that way. A mutual friend of ours was chatting with a girl at Jack and Dan's when he comes over to them and says, "Hey, did you know this guy has been dating his fiance since he was sixteen??" Four years later, the swooper friend is getting married to said girl. Regardless of a resulting marriage, dropping that comment was a violation of the guy code.