Page 266 of 276 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270 ... LastLast
Results 6,626 to 6,650 of 6889

Thread: If you think it, post it

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    How good would Santa Clara have been if they could have kept Wertz and Eaddy ?
    Or Dick Davey ... ?
    So many brackets, so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by Akzag View Post
    Or Dick Davey ... ?
    Sorry. I do like Herb Sendek. I like that the WCC is an understated "Coaches' League".

But yes, the Broncos had some good players go elsewhere.
    So many brackets, so little time.

Here's a fun delivery idea: order a pack of blank index cards from Target.com with free delivery and try to guess the size of the shipping box in which it will be shipped. Will it be larger than a shoebox or larger than a sack of potatoes?

Here is how you win double bonus points: If it comes in a box appropriately sized, buy Target stock. If comes in a box absurdly large (more likely) short Target stock.

Sent via mobile device

The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

St. Paddy's Day is like Valentine's Day for people who like Jameson and bad decisions.

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

I am ready for summer.

Should Gonzaga win the NC this year, the number one benefit will be new footage for "The One Shining Moment" compilation reels that currently feature Adam Morrison, face down, sobbing on the court.

Man, I am @#%!-ing sick and tired of seeing that EVERY March.

[rant over]
    Last edited by RenoZag; 03-19-2021 at 05:25 AM.

Should Gonzaga win the NC this year, the number one benefit will be new footage for "The One Shining Moment" compilation reels that currently feature Adam Morrison, face down, sobbing on the court.

Man, I am @#%!-ing sick and tired of seeing that EVERY March.

[rant over]
    This. This. This. This. This.

Here is another thing. Thank you for using "the N.C." or "NC"

For some reason - and it makes no real sense at all - I absolutely detest the term "the Natty"

It sounds like it was invented by some Louisville, Kentucky, Alabama (football), Clemson (same), fans that wanted to sound cool.

I know it wasn't invented on this board, having seen it in SEC football boards (now you wanna see fights?) and so I'm not offending anyone, and it makes no sense at all that it bugs me, it's just a "word" but it makes me want to pull my hair out.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

So... I keep hearing over and over again that the Zach Snyder cut of Justice League is like 10000% better than the original. I dig superhero movies (although DC movies tend to suck... badly... outside of Nolan's Batman series and the last Joker movie). So here is my issue. Do I commit 4 hours of my life to a DC movie that with the original cut could be used as war crime torture? Trust me... I sat through it waiting for it to end and end my suffering.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    So... I keep hearing over and over again that the Zach Snyder cut of Justice League is like 10000% better than the original. I dig superhero movies (although DC movies tend to suck... badly... outside of Nolan's Batman series and the last Joker movie). So here is my issue. Do I commit 4 hours of my life to a DC movie that with the original cut could be used as war crime torture? Trust me... I sat through it waiting for it to end and end my suffering.
    Wanna hear something absolutely positively true?

I have not watched a single comic book super hero movie. Not one.

Not in the theatre, not at home.

Not sure why, either. It's not like I don't like the idea or anything.

I mean, I will not spend the money for a movie ticket and the $18 popcorn (which I always swear that I'm not going to buy and then always immediately buy, the moment I get the smell), I will not spend the money unless I know there will be multiple explosions.

And they probably have more per minute than any movies ever made.

And I still haven't seen one.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post

I mean, I will not spend the money for a movie ticket and the $18 popcorn (which I always swear that I'm not going to buy and then always immediately buy, the moment I get the smell), I will not spend the money unless I know there will be multiple explosions.

Do you have Disney+? Ant Man (and the sequel) were our favorite of the Marvel ones because they feel more like comedies than super hero movies.

I have watched a few, but I mostly avoid too. It seems like all the storylines are basically the same. They bore me.
    Bring back the OCC

Watch The Incredibles.

You won’t be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Watch The Incredibles.

You won’t be disappointed.

Wait, I saw the original Incredibles, does that even count as one?

I thought Ms. Incredible was very attractive btw
    Mark Twain.

The last movie I saw in the theatre was Rise of Skywalker

I thought it was better than The Last Jedi but I think that every single person on earth thinks that's true.

They need to make more like Rogue One. That was darker but really good.
    Mark Twain.

I've never seen an episode of Friends, Dallas, Magnum, PI, The Real Housewives of. . ., The Wire, Oz, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Baywatch, Charlie's Angels. . .the list goes on and on.

FOMO, in my case, only applies to Zags games and the Masters tournament.

FINAL FOUR
    Bring back the OCC

Friendly reminder: The last time Gonzaga played UCLA in the NCAA tournament, GU won 74 - 62, to advance to the Elite 8 for the first time since 1999.

It was March 27, 2015. https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=400786510

This Saturday's Final Four match-up with the Bruins isn't about revenge. Zags took care of that business six years ago.

Friendly reminder: The last time Gonzaga played UCLA in the NCAA tournament, GU won 74 - 62, to advance to the Elite 8 for the first time since 1999.

It was March 27, 2015. https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=400786510

This Saturday's Final Four match-up with the Bruins isn't about revenge. Zags took care of that business six years ago.
    Oh... It is still revenge. The amount of times they parade out Ammo crying after that game... there is no level of beat down of UCLA that will satisfy my thirst for vengeance.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Oh... It is still revenge. The amount of times they parade out Ammo crying after that game... there is no level of beat down of UCLA that will satisfy my thirst for vengeance.
    Speaking of thirst: Are you going to concoct a Final Four special brew to commemorate the 20-21 Season ?

Speaking of thirst: Are you going to concoct a Final Four special brew to commemorate the 20-21 Season ?
    I just might have to do that. Also going to look into seeing if it can get served at any alumni event they have next fall when they play at MSG.

I agree completely.
    Go Zags!!! Just Foo'in around.

Go Zags!
    Bring back the OCC

I'm just going to go out and sit on the porch to wait for the police. I screamed like I was in a horror movie and the neighbors are probably wondering who was being murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    I'm just going to go out and sit on the porch to wait for the police. I screamed like I was in a horror movie and the neighbors are probably wondering who was being murdered.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?