Page 263 of 267 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267 LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,575 of 6655

Thread: If you think it, post it

  1. #6551
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,160

    Default

    Does "The Struggles of Calipari" sound like the title to a cheap three penny melodrama that would have debuted in a used revival tent on the Atlantic City boardwalk during the Coolidge administration ?


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    “They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

  2. #6552
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Does "The Struggles of Calipari" sound like the title to a cheap three penny melodrama that would have debuted in a used revival tent on the Atlantic City boardwalk during the Coolidge administration ?
    LOL yes, but I see it as a comedy. Chico Marx would have been great in the titular role.

  3. #6553
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,160

    Default



    Merry Christmas!


    Sent via mobile device


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    “They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

  4. #6554
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,589

    Default

    Great mask Reno!
    Bring back the OCC

  5. #6555
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,775

    Default

    My best friends daughter got engaged yesterday. Holy Old

  6. #6556
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    My best friends daughter got engaged yesterday. Holy Old
    My oldest Grandaughter got married two years ago, last November.

    Yep. Old!
    Are you laughing at ME?

  7. #6557
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    My oldest Grandaughter got married two years ago, last November.

    Yep. Old!
    You win, but it still doesn’t make me feel younger.

  8. #6558
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,160

    Default

    I took down the tree today. It was purchased at "Sears and Roebuck" in 1993, when my daughter was 7 months old.

  9. #6559
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    I took down the tree today. It was purchased at "Sears and Roebuck" in 1993, when my daughter was 7 months old.
    I agree, nice mask!
    The ornaments we have on our tree are a year younger than me, they've held up pretty well except some were too close to the lights and the cherubs got a little tan on their bums.

    Our 7yo got an expander at the orthodontist today, I can't tell anything the poor kid is saying.

  10. #6560
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,160

    Default

    Expanding my "Ignore" list has paid dividends. There's a poster I knew @ GU who was a pr!ck with ears back in the day. Still is, far as I can tell. Glad I don't have to see his drivel anymore.

  11. #6561
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,434

    Default

    Apple Google and Amazon banning Parler

    interesting times

  12. #6562
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Apple Google and Amazon banning Parler

    interesting times
    It will be interesting to see what their stock prices do over the next few weeks. People can (and sometimes do) vote with their wallets.

  13. #6563
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    It will be interesting to see what their stock prices do over the next few weeks. People can (and sometimes do) vote with their wallets.
    A lot of companies are removing their support for some elected officials too.
    Are you laughing at ME?

  14. #6564
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    It will be interesting to see what their stock prices do over the next few weeks. People can (and sometimes do) vote with their wallets.
    If they go down... I'd buy when it bottoms out. Most huge stock moves are reactionary. Greed always kicks in and the same folks selling today will be the same folks buying next week when they see the same stock as a bargain.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  15. #6565
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,589

    Default

    I just had my best year in my retirement account. It's unbelievable how the stock market does not reflect the economy of average Americans.
    Bring back the OCC

  16. #6566
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I just had my best year in my retirement account. It's unbelievable how the stock market does not reflect the economy of average Americans.
    Don't fight the Fed.....the markets are swimming in liquidity and anticipating trillions more....... O3 that is a terrific program .....

    Has your health insurance gone down ??? The cost of my health insurance is back to 2004 cost and the coverage has expanded significantly.... ???

  17. #6567
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Don't fight the Fed.....the markets are swimming in liquidity and anticipating trillions more....... O3 that is a terrific program .....

    Has your health insurance gone down ??? The cost of my health insurance is back to 2004 cost and the coverage has expanded significantly.... ???
    It seems that nearly all of the trillions the government pumped back into the economy this year has ended up in the largest 5,000 publicly traded companies.

    That's good to hear your insurance has gotten cheaper and better. I switched to my wife's insurance last year because it was way cheaper from the state of washington than from my employer. We found out that it sucked. We did not realize (and we read the pamphlet cover to cover) that we were only able to see doctors in pierce county. All of our doctors are in king county. It was a frustrating year. I have gone back to my employer's insurance which went up about $10 a paycheck over last year.
    Bring back the OCC

  18. #6568
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,514

    Default

    I probably have the same insurance as your dad.....some time I will have to tell you about your old boss's hike into the Enchantments ... Bob Gates during Iran Contra !!!

    If you want a easy close in hike think about the Carbon River Road/Trail.....

  19. #6569
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,160

    Default

    Remembering Phil Spector for his music is the same as remembering O. J. Simpson for his football career.

  20. #6570
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    17,250 miles East of Spokane
    Posts
    18,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Expanding my "Ignore" list has paid dividends. There's a poster I knew @ GU who was a pr!ck with ears back in the day. Still is, far as I can tell. Glad I don't have to see his drivel anymore.
    Curious....hmm.

  21. #6571
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    16,504

    Default

    This is an illustration of the internet.

    https://thumbs.gfycat.com/Villainous...dor-mobile.mp4
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  22. #6572
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Curious....hmm.
    I'm guessing he didn't see this post.
    Bring back the OCC

  23. #6573
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    This is an illustration of the internet.

    https://thumbs.gfycat.com/Villainous...dor-mobile.mp4
    funny stuff....lmao

  24. #6574
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,566

    Default

    So... my wife tested positive for Covid. Good thing is that she had symptoms for about 1.5 days. Fever spiked to 103 yesterday afternoon... gave her ibuprofen at that point. It went down to 99 last night, no ibuprofen before bed and her fever was gone this morning. Ironically, she was basically symptom free (little lingering stuff, but aches and pains, fever, sore throat all gone) by the time she got her results. Had her isolated in one room. Moving her to our master bedroom so she can have a tv and private bathroom and I am moving into my son's room since he is away at college. I am getting tested tomorrow. Ugh.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  25. #6575
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    So... my wife tested positive for Covid. Good thing is that she had symptoms for about 1.5 days. Fever spiked to 103 yesterday afternoon... gave her ibuprofen at that point. It went down to 99 last night, no ibuprofen before bed and her fever was gone this morning. Ironically, she was basically symptom free (little lingering stuff, but aches and pains, fever, sore throat all gone) by the time she got her results. Had her isolated in one room. Moving her to our master bedroom so she can have a tv and private bathroom and I am moving into my son's room since he is away at college. I am getting tested tomorrow. Ugh.
    Crap! I'm glad she is feeling better. Praying you test negative. Good luck.
    Bring back the OCC

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •