Page 258 of 263 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262 ... LastLast
Results 6,426 to 6,450 of 6570

Thread: If you think it, post it

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Dammit! LongIslandZagFan is my favorite! How can we fix this so he doesn't leave????
    Too late. The ship has sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Dammit! LongIslandZagFan is my favorite! How can we fix this so he doesn't leave????
    We might need to add a case of Labatt Blue to his generous annual compensation package.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Too late. The ship has sailed.
    Make that TWO cases of Labatt Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Next question is... do I throw a mach on the pool of gasoline or just let it ignite on it's own?
    https://imgflip.com/gif/45n2mf?fbcli...lM-LhVgt28N8K4
    It's not funny.

Will strike the match tomorrow
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

You have taken far more than most.

You can walk away with your head high.

I would urge you, if/when you do walk away, take at least as much overall good from it as anything. Over your career as a mod it's been far more good (think of all the people you've come to call family) than bad. It may be at the point you gotta go, that's bad. Doesn't mean that it wasn't a net benefit.

Cheers. I might have to get a sixer of Labatt Blue. I am from English speaking Canada so the natural tendency is Molson. Did others know that? That they started out mostly local, Labatts was French Canadian, Molson's was English. At least that's what I've been told all my life.

Moosehead is obviously for people in the west that don't give a damn. Canada is funny. Alberta thinks of itself as Colorado with oil. Vancouver thinks it's San Francisco with worse weather but better Chinese food. Somewhere in the middle is a great place. Of course, if I hit the powerball, I would have a condo in downtown Toronto over NYC any day (sorry LIZF).
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Thanks for contributions to board and good luck.

You guys will always have me in the Foo. One habit I cannot give up.

"And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Probably one of the biggest problems is that some of the posters who are the biggest problems don’t think they’re the problem. That’s problematic.......probably.

Reasons why I will still come to the Foo:

1. I have no friends.

2. All my friends are here.

3. I want to see if I eventually grow up. I'll keep you posted.

4. Sometimes there is really good music here, and not just the stuff I post.

5. The free beer is great, the popcorn is mediocre, but you don't notice given the free beer.

6. It's the only place I get to do press releases.

7. No one notices that I don't look quite right.

8. I hang out at Reno's place because Vegas has gotten too cultural and high-end.

9. Sometimes I find a new dog or lose an old one.

*Which reminds me. That beagle puppy that wandered into our yard? That was around long enough for us to name it and plan for a neuter and shots? Yeah, he was simply gone one morning. We looked but it's tough with all the forest around. We suspect he just got the scent of what brought him to our place and took off. My 3 year old dog that is fixed probably slept right though it, or I doubt he'd have let the puppy go.

10. Y'all.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

You guys will always have me in the Foo. One habit I cannot give up.

Good to know. The foo does seem like a friendlier place.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Probably one of the biggest problems is that some of the posters who are the biggest problems don’t think they’re the problem. That’s problematic.......probably.

Probably 100% accurate

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Probably 100% accurate
    Probably.
    It's not funny.

Definitely one of the best movie scenes of all time.

There is a brewery by my house that has been open about 2 years. It has been great as I normally have to drive to Seattle to get good beer at a brewery. These guys are not quite at that level, but they are getting better and better. It's been a fun place to hang out. My wife and I would go there for date night every week and I would pop in after dropping my daughter off at taekwondo practice. I got to know the owners and get along really well with these guys. When COVID hit I made a point of getting growlers filled there often and giving 100% tips ($10 growler fill, $10 tip). When we went into phase 2 I was so excited to go back. I went the first day and they hooked me up with pint pour of a 10% stout. When it became clear that masks were important in stopping the spread of the pandemic I noticed these guys were not masking up. I took a break from going there because of that. Then the governor issued a mask requirement. I went in again on Friday thinking that they will have to wear a mask now that the governor has required it. Nope, not a single person in the brewery was masked up. No customers had masks, the owners were not wearing masks, and the employees were not wearing masks. It really pains me, but I just cannot go there anymore. I don't feel like I could even talk to them about it because it seems like such a politically charged topic. These guys lean far right so I think they would make it a political issue. This virus has taken away a lot of things/people away and I know a local brewery is a small thing in the grand scheme of things, but this really hurts.

****Please don't take this as a political post. This is more a post about the loss I am feeling from losing my favorite local hangout.
    Last edited by gu03alum; 07-13-2020 at 08:34 AM.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    There is a brewery by my house that has been open about 2 years. It has been great as I normally have to drive to Seattle to get good beer at a brewery. These guys are not quite at that level, but they are getting better and better. It's been a fun place to hang out. My wife and I would go there for date night every week and I would pop in after dropping my daughter off at taekwondo practice. I got to know the owners and get along really well with these guys. When COVID hit I made a point of getting growlers filled there often and giving 100% tips ($10 growler fill, $10 tip). When we went into phase 2 I was so excited to go back. I went the first day and they hooked me up with pint pour of a 10% stout. When it became clear that masks were important in stopping the spread of the pandemic I noticed these guys were not masking up. I took a break from going there because of that. Then the governor issued a mask requirement. I went in again on Friday thinking that they will have to wear a mask now that the governor has required it. Nope, not a single person in the brewery was masked up. No customers had masks, the owners were not wearing masks, and the employees were not wearing masks. It really pains me, but I just cannot go there anymore. I don't feel like I could even talk to them about it because it seems like such a politically charged topic. These guys lean far right so I think they would make it a political issue. This virus has taken away a lot of things/people away and I know a local brewery is a small thing in the grand scheme of things, but this really hurts.

****Please don't take this as a political post. This is more a post about the loss I am feeling from losing my favorite local hangout.
    I've crossed off quite a few restaurants who have been complaining about mask requirements (whining really about the governor's orders), we won't be going to them after this is all over. Also making a mental note of the parents in our school district who are so vocally anti mask because I'm not going to trust them with my kids' well being. ever. If something as simple as covering their faces bothers them that much, I'm not sure they'd store firearms safely.
    Also, I hate when people counter with "do you wear a mask during flu season?!" Well, yeah, actually I did wear a mask when I thought I might be coming down with flu B and wanted to see my dying grandfather on Christmas. If I had given it to him and it made him die that much sooner the guilt would have consumed me...but I suspect the people making that argument would go around and spread the flu and not care who caught it, so their approach isn't any different with covid.

Sadly, what these people aren't getting is that them enabling/supporting no masks just means they will continue to make LESS money as the state will never fully open.

In NY, there are only a handful of people I ever recall seeing NOT wearing a mask. I guess when you are the epicenter and it is basically impossible to not know someone that has either had it or died from it, then you listen when you are told to wear a mask. They'll come around eventually or they'll get shut down.

For the record... early on... a couple bars on LI did this kind of thing. They lost their liquor licenses and owners aren't allowed to file for one in the future. They came down HARD on them. Places shaped up after that.
    Last edited by LongIslandZagFan; 07-13-2020 at 12:07 PM.

The city is replacing the water mains in the street in front of my house. The good news is that my water meter is off during the work, so it's free water for about a month. The bad news is that our tap water is always temperature of a warm bath because the house is hooked up to a hydrant a block away. The pipe is run along the sidewalk so it's basically a solar water heater and heats up as it travels to us.

So for the last few years we haven't used our finished basement because it's so cold in the winter. We've been using it to store the kayaks and a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff. Basically all they did to finish the floor was put padding and carpet over it. It's a basement, the floor is completely sloped and there's a drain (when the hot water tank broke it soaked the carpet previously so we put a drip pan under the new tank).
    Friday we built a kayak rack in the unfinished part of the basement. It was an easy project, just a lot of prep work. We also decided to fix the finished section. So Friday night I tore up the baseboards, carpet, padding, and tack strips and tile (my dad did floor covering so this is something I'm comfortable doing) . The part that involves building a big grid of lumber and making sure it is level from every possible angle is completely new to both hubby and me. We've run a hose from the closet with the hot water tank to the drain. We're still finishing up framing everything in today and hopefully tomorrow we can put insulation in over the concrete, then we can put plywood down and my dad can carpet it for us. This is probably the most involved home project we've ever worked on and it's actually going pretty well! I can't wait to paint and relax down there when it's all done. We're already picking out the celebratory beers we'll buy each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    So for the last few years we haven't used our finished basement because it's so cold in the winter. We've been using it to store the kayaks and a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff. Basically all they did to finish the floor was put padding and carpet over it. It's a basement, the floor is completely sloped and there's a drain (when the hot water tank broke it soaked the carpet previously so we put a drip pan under the new tank).
    Friday we built a kayak rack in the unfinished part of the basement. It was an easy project, just a lot of prep work. We also decided to fix the finished section. So Friday night I tore up the baseboards, carpet, padding, and tack strips and tile (my dad did floor covering so this is something I'm comfortable doing) . The part that involves building a big grid of lumber and making sure it is level from every possible angle is completely new to both hubby and me. We've run a hose from the closet with the hot water tank to the drain. We're still finishing up framing everything in today and hopefully tomorrow we can put insulation in over the concrete, then we can put plywood down and my dad can carpet it for us. This is probably the most involved home project we've ever worked on and it's actually going pretty well! I can't wait to paint and relax down there when it's all done. We're already picking out the celebratory beers we'll buy each other.
    Nice.

If you are twitter inclined and don't follow Rex Chapman... you are missing out. Is it hoops... yeah... at times. JMHO... more about life. Rex is a good good follow.

That is all.

If you are twitter inclined and don't follow Rex Chapman... you are missing out. Is it hoops... yeah... at times. JMHO... more about life. Rex is a good good follow.

That is all.
    His twitter account is one of the worthwhile follows

Sent via mobile device

That is all.
    Rex is THE best follow on Twitter, been with him over a year. Wow.

You know how usually you run water for a bit until the cold stuff comes out? In the deep south, it's the opposite. If you want cool water, you trap the stuff up top that's been in the AC, if you wait a bit for the stuff that's been in the pipes, it gets hotter since the ground is too warm.

My flower garden is just kicking so much ass. Reccommenation, pony up for the expensive sun flower seeds from Eden brothers, and get some red sunflowers. So pretty, and get every color of zenia going.

It is 95 today, feels like 104.

BUT - this is our first "real hot" day of the year, first one over 93 - which, ironically, is a very mild summer so far.

Block or charge?
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Rex is THE best follow on Twitter, been with him over a year. Wow.

You know how usually you run water for a bit until the cold stuff comes out? In the deep south, it's the opposite. If you want cool water, you trap the stuff up top that's been in the AC, if you wait a bit for the stuff that's been in the pipes, it gets hotter since the ground is too warm.

My flower garden is just kicking so much ass. Reccommenation, pony up for the expensive sun flower seeds from Eden brothers, and get some red sunflowers. So pretty, and get every color of zenia going.

It is 95 today, feels like 104.

BUT - this is our first "real hot" day of the year, first one over 93 - which, ironically, is a very mild summer so far.

Block or charge?
    I've never seen red sun flowers! Our day lilies have really taken off this year. We divided them and replanted them 2 or 3 years ago and they have really spread and filled in our side garden. We barely have any weeds poking through (which is always the goal). This past week the different varieties of day lilies started to bloom too so it's nice to see some more colors and variation in the flowers . When the local farm we picked berries at closed and was being turned into a housing development a few years ago they told customers to bring a shovel and dig up some day lilies and irises, so that's how I ended up with a variety (I'd spent a small fortune on irises at that farm the year before so it was nice to get a few free).

I had some success spliting up hostas, Shasta daisies, and mums. When Fall rolls around, I have more to move. Shade & water are at a premium in my yard so my moves have to be plotted out. Did a lot of work on the drip irrigation system in April and May. As a result, I have a few more options than before.