Page 255 of 257 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257 LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,375 of 6404

Thread: If you think it, post it

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Good one MC!!!

You win the FOO Prize.... now, that's funny.

Had to drop in... just to say, that's the best laugh I've had in several months of agony.

P.S. I will try to drop in and post once I get a chance.... It it madness for me at the moment!!!

Oh, I copied your Clorox pic... and forwarded it to two of my friends...

They are hysterically laughing....

good one!

MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    Maybe he was being sarcastic, that seems to be an excepted excuse...
    Lol. Oh, stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Added another thing to my list of things I never envisioned myself doing... Took apart one of these bad boys:

Re-aligned the dang plastic sleeve, put it back together and blammo.... it works again. Really wish I had watched the video about troubleshooting these things on Sunday when we were brewing. Took me all of 15 minutes to fix and most of that was fighting the four screws on the stainless steel part that were on super tight.

ETA... for the record that is an magnetic drive pump.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Added another thing to my list of things I never envisioned myself doing... Took apart one of these bad boys:

Re-aligned the dang plastic sleeve, put it back together and blammo.... it works again. Really wish I had watched the video about troubleshooting these things on Sunday when we were brewing. Took me all of 15 minutes to fix and most of that was fighting the four screws on the stainless steel part that were on super tight.

ETA... for the record that is an magnetic drive pump.
    Awesome. It always feels good to fix something.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    Awesome. It always feels good to fix something.
    I'd like to say I did a lot... but to be perfectly honest... it was removing screws... taking header off... making sure it works without the header... realigning the sleeve to make sure the internal magnet is centered inside the sleeve, retighten and reassemble.

I gotta say though... this new side gig has turned me into a plumber... mechanic... engineer... etc.

My business partner and I had a philosophical discussions regarding whether the push the wort through the chiller or pull it. For the record, I was in the push column... but we decided to pull. If the dang pump above had been working properly... it wouldn't have mattered as we would have done both and used the push one (which has a ball-valve attached) for flow control
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

My son is taking his first actuarial exam today. Got my fingers crossed. Very very tough test... and the first of many. Hopefully he'll pass and be able to take at least one more during his senior year. My daughter's boyfriend has taken three to this point... but he didn't start taking them until after he graduated in 2018 as his school didn't actually have an actuary program.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    My son is taking his first actuarial exam today. Got my fingers crossed. Very very tough test... and the first of many. Hopefully he'll pass and be able to take at least one more during his senior year. My daughter's boyfriend has taken three to this point... but he didn't start taking them until after he graduated in 2018 as his school didn't actually have an actuary program.
    My high school friend studied for years and passed on her (I think she said 8th attempt?) last year. She had a change of careers after teaching high level math so she was working full time while trying to study and pass it. She's very smart, perfect math SAT, got her master's at 22, so I have no doubt it's hard!
    Best of luck to your son, I'm sure you'll all be celebrating when he no longer has to study for it, by the end of it her mom and sister were just as invested in her passing because they went through it with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    My high school friend studied for years and passed on her (I think she said 8th attempt?) last year. She had a change of careers after teaching high level math so she was working full time while trying to study and pass it. She's very smart, perfect math SAT, got her master's at 22, so I have no doubt it's hard!
    Best of luck to your son, I'm sure you'll all be celebrating when he no longer has to study for it, by the end of it her mom and sister were just as invested in her passing because they went through it with her.
    Thanks... my daughter's boyfriend found that the 4th time was the charm. My son squeaked by on a practice test last night. Good thing is you know right away. Its all on screen in their testing centers (per the company they are an essential service) and you get the results right away. He should be home in the next couple of hours... think it is a 3 hour time limit.

Whelp.... guess he is taking it again. Honestly, kind of expected it... but good experience for him. Try again in 2 months.

I broke my hand two months ago. Yesterday was my first round of golf since. Not bad, shot 92. Had I not three putted about 10 holes, that score would have been much better. Hand feels fine.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    I broke my hand two months ago. Yesterday was my first round of golf since. Not bad, shot 92. Had I not three putted about 10 holes, that score would have been much better. Hand feels fine.
    I love everything about golf except putting. I have claimed in the past that putting is a form of witchcraft. From tee to green I feel I am an above average golfer. But with the flat stick I am one of worst.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

This a picture I took of Rainier from my home a few days ago. It is amazing how clear the mountains are right now when it's not cloudy. I can see the olympics very clearly from a mile from my house too. I hope that people are inspired by this lack of haze from the stay at home orders.

Bring back the OCC

I think today was one of this country's worst days in history.

That is all.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post

That is all.
    Surreal

I’m sickened by the direction this is going.

It has been a rough year. I am ready for 2021.

You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

https://mobile.twitter.com/tonydungy...-protestors%2f

Have faith. Tony Dungy is one of my heroes.

Watch the vid. Keep reading. Tony quotes Romans.

That is all.
    Yes.
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

That is all.
    I got to get away from it for a day. My oldest graduated High School yesterday and we made a day of it. It was wonderful to have a day of release.

Today is hard, though.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I got to get away from it for a day. My oldest graduated High School yesterday and we made a day of it. It was wonderful to have a day of release.

Today is hard, though.
    Congrats my friend. Next up college. My youngest graduates college next spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroop22 View Post
    I love everything about golf except putting. I have claimed in the past that putting is a form of witchcraft. From tee to green I feel I am an above average golfer. But with the flat stick I am one of worst.

Putting is my one golf strength. I think it's because I only did putt putt courses until I met my husband haha. I'm pretty proud of the fact that I've gotten par on a hole...yes it was a par 3 course, but when I usually don't even get to the green in 3 strokes, you better believe I'm going to tell anyone who will listen that I've gotten par on a hole!

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Glad to read your hand healed up. I'm slated to play golf with a Zag classmate (from Boise) on the 14th and 15th. Will be my first rounds of 2020. I enjoy the company more than the game any more, but as long as I make a putt or two or reach a few greens in regulation, I'll continue to play. I'm not quite ready for the "gold" or senior tee boxes but I know that day is approaching. My game was never the same after I shattered my arm and elbow in a fall from a ladder in 2007.

So it goes.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 06-07-2020 at 01:53 PM. Reason: sp

I used to play, at one time had a 6 handicap from the backs. I haven't 'really' played in about four years. Really because I was part of a 4 person scramble at a family event 2 years ago. The arthritis in my back wouldn't allow me to swing any club longer than a 7 iron. I'm sure I was also over swinging...visualizing that 290 yard drive splitting the fairway, and it being that 80 yard drive hooked or sliced two holes over. LOL
    I am thinking of going to the range and hit a bucket, just taking 4-5 clubs, with the goal of loosening up my back some. It would be cheaper than a trip to the chiropractor and probably just as effective,
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!