Page 239 of 250 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,975 of 6236

Thread: If you think it, post it

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    I don't even want to think about taxes.
    My wife and I are downright scared to get our taxes done.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    So, had to do this emergency report that has to get to the federal government by next Friday... someone dropped the ball and it ended up in my lap. Fairly easy work... had data put together and uploaded to the website by 10:30 AM. But of course people want to review the data before I formally submit it. Figure... hey... that should be easy. Just print them out. Ummm ... nope... in their infinite wisdom, they snuck a bit of code that basically made it print blank pages when go to print. Why, you ask? I have no @#*!*ing clue. But, being in IT... asked one of our web developers to help me find a way around this. Basically, I had to bring up a console window in Chrome, go to one particular file, delete the one line in it, save it, go back to the webpage.. print it... go to the next page and repeat the process. Mind you, even though you "save" it... it is a temporary version of it that goes when you leave the page. So every damn iteration of the webpage required this step. Best part about it... in the end... it was essentially 175 times I had to do this. THEN I got to clean up the PDF to remove the iterations that didn't make sense. Finished all this garbage and sent the files out at 4:50 PM. I was basically a mindless drone. ALL DAY!

<\rant>
    That’s the kind of work I use to catch up on podcasts, but yeah that suck.
    Bring back the OCC

My wife and I are downright scared to get our taxes done.
    I don't think we'll owe a huge amount since we had another little tax deduction last year lol (his birthday is the day after tax day, hubby's is the day before tax day...so I can't procrastinate so long that he has to do taxes last minute on his birthday)...I just hate setting the time aside to do them when we have a bunch of other stuff that needs done.

I cut my middle son's hair today. It turned out nice, usually he moves at a bad time and I end up giving him a haircut like one of the Peaky Blinders.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Crap, this is the first time I have bought NCAA tournament tickets and not been able to sell them. I sold one ticket yesterday at a loss of about $70. I have the other two listed at a huge loss and still can't sell them. I usually buy tickets in a location I think Gonzaga might play. A few times they were sent to the east coast so I sold my tickets no problem, usually for more than I paid for them. I don't know what it is about San Jose. Maybe bay area is not into sports. It sucks that I sold the one now too because it's not like we can all go down. One of us would have to stay behind. I'm half thinking of driving to San Jose to sell my tickets at the stadium or on Craigslist. I know it's a sunk cost, but it's hard for me to stomach losing that much money.
    Bring back the OCC

So A car lost control and hit a pole about 1/2 hour ago. It was 2 blocks west and 3 blocks north of where I live. Heard through the grapevine that nobody was injured. Now... said accident caused transformer to come down along with power line which when o drove over there about 10 minutes ago was still sparking. Here what gets me. My cousin who lives 1.5 blocks away still has power. Seems like if anything happens only my section of town loses power
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Seattle is dying...documentary from KOMO news

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b53uiRFq4Ds

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Seattle is dying...documentary from KOMO news

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b53uiRFq4Ds
    I was going to watch it, but I have only seen right wing people posting it on Facebook. Then I remembered KOMO is owned by Sinclair.

I probably will watch it anyway.

Here is a twitter thread about homelessness from Seattle Times.

LINK
    Bring back the OCC

Lost me at Sinclair.

I think it is hard to concentrate at work. I cannot wait for the games tomorrow!
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I was going to watch it, but I have only seen right wing people posting it on Facebook. Then I remembered KOMO is owned by Sinclair.

I probably will watch it anyway.

Here is a twitter thread about homelessness from Seattle Times.

LINK
    it has a solution....its informative.

It's a drug problem not a homeless problem.

I just noticed CDC has started the last few game threads and BobZag hasn't posted since March 6. I hope BZ is doing ok.
    Bring back the OCC

it has a solution....its informative. It's a drug problem not a homeless problem.
    I will watch it, but from what I have read it is more complex than that.
    Bring back the OCC

I just noticed CDC has started the last few game threads and BobZag hasn't posted since March 6. I hope BZ is doing ok.
    to the best of my knowledge he is. Might be tied to his work. I know as that has taken off, his time here has been more limited.

to the best of my knowledge he is. Might be tied to his work. I know as that has taken off, his time here has been more limited.
    That's good! thanks
    Bring back the OCC

it has a solution....its informative.

It's a drug problem not a homeless problem.
    I watched it. It seemed extremely biased. They didn't make any kind of effort to talk to city or county council members to find out what the city is doing about the homeless. This isn't a problem just in Seattle either. I have read about issues like what we have here in Seattle in many other cities. I have witnessed it in many other cities. I don't think it's as simple as what Providence did. They also covered briefly the failed head tax and how it was stupid. It may have been a stupid idea, but again they didn't talk about what the council's intent was with raising that money for homelessness.
    Bring back the OCC

I watched it. It seemed extremely biased. They didn't make any kind of effort to talk to city or county council members to find out what the city is doing about the homeless. This isn't a problem just in Seattle either. I have read about issues like what we have here in Seattle in many other cities. I have witnessed it in many other cities. I don't think it's as simple as what Providence did. They also covered briefly the failed head tax and how it was stupid. It may have been a stupid idea, but again they didn't talk about what the council's intent was with raising that money for homelessness.
    Homelessness, is NOT just a Seattle problem.
    whoever suggested that needs to open their eyes and travel a bit.
    Probably, just living in their 10 square mile radius.... only!

Come to beautiful California....
    We have tent cities within the city.

by the way, no homelessness in San Diego?
    isn't that the place they had to bleach the streets because of the homeless?

Yeah, I am afraid that it is even in little Spokane.

and Portland? I wonder if this is just a West side problem or do they have homeless people
    in Kansas?

Whatever Seattle Portland Spokane San Francisco Los Angeles San Diego are doing with their funds...its not working.

Quote Originally Posted by GPGUgrad View Post
    Homelessness, is NOT just a Seattle problem.
    whoever suggested that needs to open their eyes and travel a bit.
    Probably, just living in their 10 square mile radius.... only!

Come to beautiful California....
    We have tent cities within the city.

by the way, no homelessness in San Diego?
    isn't that the place they had to bleach the streets because of the homeless?

Yeah, I am afraid that it is even in little Spokane.

and Portland? I wonder if this is just a West side problem or do they have homeless people
    in Kansas?
    It's really sad, I don't know if it was PennDot or our city itself but they spent tens of thousands of dollars putting up fences so that homeless people couldn't live under certain underpasses. You have to think that money could have been better spent in some way to help the people who had been living there rather than just to displace them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    It's really sad, I don't know if it was PennDot or our city itself but they spent tens of thousands of dollars putting up fences so that homeless people couldn't live under certain underpasses. You have to think that money could have been better spent in some way to help the people who had been living there rather than just to displace them.

I agree with you. Use the money to help some of these people.
    There are some people who are homeless because of: economics, displacement, mental problems and of course drug addiction that has gone out of control.. like a wildfire that can't be stopped.

It is really an epidemic here in the West.

I've talked to a lot of people in the city trying to figure out what can be done to help
    these people out of their situation.

--- 1) it is very difficult to get back in the system, once, you fall out of the system.

--- 2) most of the social services that help homeless people are usually located in the central part of the city. That is why you see them setting tents near the services.

and to answer the question about there is plenty of revenue for the homeless.
    well, I would like to hear the actual figures spent on the homeless per city.

and how much money these departments are allocated and
    how much money the "Chairman" of the services and their endless staff make.

... I like the fact that in Spokane the Catholic Services are actually trying to help the homeless.
    They are building shelters / apartments so the homeless can get off the streets.

It is a very complex problem that unless some politician decides to tackle.

F1D - Are you going to the game today?

Go Zags!
    Bring back the OCC

F1D - Are you going to the game today?

Go Zags!
    I am

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    I am
    Have fun!
    Bring back the OCC

Have fun!
    Thanks!

I'm taking my youngest boy tonight. If we win, I'm taking my middle boy on Saturday.

I'll post pics!