Page 212 of 265 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262 ... LastLast
Results 5,276 to 5,300 of 6613

Thread: If you think it, post it

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    My Seattle-based regional company was just acquired by a national company, and the rah rah meetings to kick it all off have featured a lot of love for the Seahawks and Sounders, but nary a mention of our #1 Zags.

It's not a big deal but I felt inclined to mention it to our newly transplanted Californian regional head. I made a passionate plea for advertising in the Kennel, pointing out that if our company were really interested in looking like Spokane neighbors, they'd slip into a worn Zags shirt (or the corporate equivalent - ads).

I now wait to see if I had any influence. Wish me luck.
    Good on you for speaking up! Go Zags!
    Bring back the OCC

Have any of you been to a marijuana shop? I went with a friend the other day. It's pretty interesting. These guys seem to know their stuff. I kind of wish I had a job that would allow me to participate in this new Washington State freedom.
    Bring back the OCC

I thought having a cold/sinus infection sucked, I ended up getting a stomach bug on top of it...I'm calling it the St. Valentine's Day Massacre. Felt normal for 2 days (other than being tired), ate a bunch of food to try to gain some weight back, Sunday night I start feeling another cold coming on. Get a doctor appointment for Tuesday afternoon (because when you're sick, you really want to wait 2 days for them to see you) and I find out I have strep throat without ever having a sore throat. I feel so much better than yesterday and I'm emptying cans of Lysol on ever possible surface in this house.

Hitting the open (well it is NY so probably not all that open) road toward Binghamton for a college visit. Should be back tomorrow in time for the BYU game.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    Have any of you been to a marijuana shop? I went with a friend the other day. It's pretty interesting. These guys seem to know their stuff. I kind of wish I had a job that would allow me to participate in this new Washington State freedom.
    Tip your budtender well! Also, if you're consistent with a shop and / or a budtender, they will come to know your preferences. This can really help. More than once my budtender has gone to the back room to get the really fine goods not available in the case.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    I thought having a cold/sinus infection sucked, I ended up getting a stomach bug on top of it...I'm calling it the St. Valentine's Day Massacre. Felt normal for 2 days (other than being tired), ate a bunch of food to try to gain some weight back, Sunday night I start feeling another cold coming on. Get a doctor appointment for Tuesday afternoon (because when you're sick, you really want to wait 2 days for them to see you) and I find out I have strep throat without ever having a sore throat. I feel so much better than yesterday and I'm emptying cans of Lysol on ever possible surface in this house.
    Wow! Glad you're on the mend!
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Zags win their 18th conference championship last night and there's hardly a peep on the MBB. Instead it's all about KenPom, brackets, and other bullpucky.

Whatever happened to celebrating stuff IN THE MOMENT !?!

GO ZAGS !

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Zags win their 18th conference championship last night and there's hardly a peep on the MBB. Instead it's all about KenPom, brackets, and other bullpucky.

GO ZAGS !
    Word.

Where I go, most of the employees are in their early 20s and they know their stuff.

They are very friendly and courteous and knowledgeable unlike, the old liquor selling employees…

who were mostly OLD and worn out and drunk and not friendly with a raspy voice.

GO ZAGS !

Heck, they rather keep pushing a thread like Will We lose?

Are we spoiled?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    Hope you feel better.

Yep, I can't understand the logic when you are sick and they want you to come like later…..

the other day, my brother had one root canal done and he needed to have two cause he is in pain.

After, the dentist was through with one root canal he said, go and see the dentist aide to schedule the second root canal.

Guess what, the soonest they can fit him in is in one month.

If you are in pain and your tooth is throbbing and giving you a headache…. can you wait a whole month?
    I really don't know what to say, except, I am going to call them and see what else can be done…. PRONTO!

Thanks :-) I'm feeling like my normal self today, got a ton done around the house and it was near 80 today, opened all the windows to get the plague out of here. I honestly can't remember when I felt this good, I just wish I didn't have to work the past 2 days to get everything to how it was 2 weeks ago. I've been dealing with colds and such since Thanksgiving, so hopefully this lasts a while before the kid brings something else home from school!

I hope your brother gets his tooth taken care of GPGU, that's awful to have to wait. My Mom had to have a root canal, made an appointment far in advance and as she's sitting waiting for her time slot a guy walked in without an appointment complaining he was in pain, and they took him ahead of her, she ended up waiting another 2 hours on top of the weeks!

OK... gotta make a comment it. Last night's Oscar epic fail was both uncomfortable and yet intriguing at the same time. A true train wreck. JMHO, putting a much older Warren Beatty out there to read it I think just added to the confusion. I remember saying to myself... why is he trying to joke around about this... I just want to go to bed (it was past midnight for me). Now, I feel sorry for him as he truly did have the deer in the headlights look when he read Best Actress on the card.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

GO ZAGS !
    On the flipside there is now a major overreaction (on and off boards) to one loss. Seriously people, GU is 29-1. Chill the F&*^ out.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
    Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bullzag23 View Post
    On the flipside there is now a major overreaction (on and off boards) to one loss. Seriously people, GU is 29-1. Chill the F&*^ out.
    I personally can't stand the post loss (and it is just about every loss, be it this year or other years) where the basically bash Few's coaching ability. I mean his top winning percentage in the NCAA (active) over his career is a great indication of just how BAD of a coach he is. Then, when they get called on it, they are all like:

Waiting for this iteration to tell me I can't voice my opinion because I am an Admin... that always happens when I disagree with people.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    I personally can't stand the post loss (and it is just about every loss, be it this year or other years) where the basically bash Few's coaching ability. I mean his top winning percentage in the NCAA (active) over his career is a great indication of just how BAD of a coach he is. Then, when they get called on it, they are all like:

Waiting for this iteration to tell me I can't voice my opinion because I am an Admin... that always happens when I disagree with people.
    I'm with you LIZF!!!!! People come out of woodworks!!! Wonder if they're actually fans!!!!
    Qualified for 21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

I should put away my gardening tools

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

I miss Missoula.

Bubble guppies is not something I wanna watch often

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

I miss 83topper

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

I recorded the Volcano Lahar Warning System today. It is pretty spooky sounding.

Bring back the OCC

Mrs. Phish and I spent last Wednesday and Thursday in Sandpoint watching a couple of Umphrey's McGee shows at The Hive. Upon returning home Friday we found our 14-year-old cat had thrown up all over the house. It looked like he went through hell. He was emaciated and so weak. We took him to the emergency. He didn't even have enough energy to hold his whiskers erect.

Fluids, tests, waiting. He was in bad shape. His stomach was obstructed right where it connects to the intestine, possibly by a tumor. There were signs of pancreatic cancer. We steadied ourselves and on Saturday made the tough decision to put him down.

We were in the room saying goodbye to him when he perked up (kinda) and wanted to walk around the room. He seemed almost normal. We couldn't do it. His family vet recommended another night of fluids in hospital and then one last day at home.

So yesterday we took him home. He was well hydrated from all the IVs, had started to urinate again and was able to walk around his whole-life home a few times more. He has been trying his darndest to be normal, but he can't drink or eat and seems in every way to be shutting down.

This afternoon we take him in for a final farewell.

It's been a tough stretch.

I'm sorry for your loss Phish
    Bring back the OCC

I'm sorry for your loss Phish
    Thanks, man.

I wonder why the Dickie V thread was closed
    Bring back the OCC