Page 211 of 263 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,275 of 6574

Thread: If you think it, post it

  1. #5251
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,512

    Default

    I kind of wanted to find something else to do, but I think I'm stuck watching the game. The weather is not cooperating. I'm rooting for the Falcons today. I don't like the politics of the owner, coach, and quarterback of the Patriots. I love Julio Jones. That dude is probably my favorite non-Seahawk.
    Bring back the OCC

  2. #5252
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,026

    Default

    I really like my 2013 Tacoma. Quad cab, long bed, ARE Shell. It has 21,500 miles. Am hoping it is the last pick-up I will ever need.


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

  3. #5253
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South Hill, Spokane
    Posts
    20,314

    Default

    I sometimes prefer the old days.

    Like when, on big snow events, you could put flags in the snow at the edges of your driveway so that when the city's plows came around they'd gate the berm and keep you from having to spend an hour digging out a Himalayan mound of compacted ice chunks, snow and rocks.

    Sometimes prefer the old days.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

  4. #5254
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,026

    Default



    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

  5. #5255
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    awesome
    Bring back the OCC

  6. #5256
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    I really like my 2013 Tacoma. Quad cab, long bed, ARE Shell. It has 21,500 miles. Am hoping it is the last pick-up I will ever need.
    If you were 16 I would have no doubt that it would be the last pickup you will ever need.
    Bring back the OCC

  7. #5257
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,026

    Default

    I think Lady GagGa might be the only pop artist who can do the Super Bowl half-time show AND do a great tribute to Julie Andrews at the Academy Awards. . .amazing talent.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MispVmfMp40


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

  8. #5258
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,026

    Default

    Rooting for my pool numbers. Looking pretty bleak so far.


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

  9. #5259
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    I think Lady GagGa might be the only pop artist who can do the Super Bowl half-time show AND do a great tribute to Julie Andrews at the Academy Awards. . .amazing talent.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MispVmfMp40
    agreed, she was great
    Bring back the OCC

  10. #5260
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    7,703

    Default


  11. #5261
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Nope

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

  12. #5262
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,416

    Default

    That comeback increased my level of hatred of the Patriots last night. Compound that with watching with a Pats fan who, when they were on the goal line kept chanting "Don't be the Seahawks"... yeah... they've gone beyond my John Elway and the Broncos hate of the 80s (which I still carry with me today).
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  13. #5263
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,026

    Default

    If it makes you feel any better, apparently somebody stole Brady's jersey from the locker room after the game. . .

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...iots/97537992/

    FYI: Opening that link will auto-play a video narrating "possibly the greatest Super Bowl ever. . ."


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

  14. #5264
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    "Don't be the Seahawks"
    Not going to lie I was hoping they would be just like us for one play.
    You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

  15. #5265
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,026

    Default

    Just booked my flight to Atlanta for Sunday, 4/2. Returning Tuesday 4/4.

    4/3/2017 could prove to be one helluva day: Attending the Masters that day, watch the Zags play in the national final that night. . .

    If you're going to day dream, you might as well dream big.


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

  16. #5266
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,416

    Default

    So.... my son just got another acceptance letter. Not from Gonzaga yet. Although, in reality, he isn't going to go to GU as it is way too far away and unless they give him a full ride, they aren't going to compare to the NY State schools financially. But the letter he got over the weekend was a big one. SUNY Binghamton, which is in the top 100 hardest schools to get into in the country... oh and it has a math department (his planned major) that is ranked 87th in the country. While it wasn't a major reach school for him in terms of grades, it was a bit of a reach school anyhow. Ironically, it was the one SUNY school we DIDN'T visit that he applied to. Guess we are driving up to Binghamton next week to help him make a final decision. Still waiting on a couple more schools (big one still left on the list besides GU is Fordham)... but thinking he's already decided unless GU or Fordham offers him crazy money. Contributing factor is that NY State offers full tuition to NY state students that are in the top 5% of their class and are majoring in S.T.E.M. and commit to living in NY for 5 years after graduating. He's within the top 5% (13 out of 320).
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  17. #5267
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South Hill, Spokane
    Posts
    20,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    So.... my son just got another acceptance letter. Not from Gonzaga yet. Although, in reality, he isn't going to go to GU as it is way too far away and unless they give him a full ride, they aren't going to compare to the NY State schools financially. But the letter he got over the weekend was a big one. SUNY Binghamton, which is in the top 100 hardest schools to get into in the country... oh and it has a math department (his planned major) that is ranked 87th in the country. While it wasn't a major reach school for him in terms of grades, it was a bit of a reach school anyhow. Ironically, it was the one SUNY school we DIDN'T visit that he applied to. Guess we are driving up to Binghamton next week to help him make a final decision. Still waiting on a couple more schools (big one still left on the list besides GU is Fordham)... but thinking he's already decided unless GU or Fordham offers him crazy money. Contributing factor is that NY State offers full tuition to NY state students that are in the top 5% of their class and are majoring in S.T.E.M. and commit to living in NY for 5 years after graduating. He's within the top 5% (13 out of 320).
    Super cool! Congratulations!
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

  18. #5268
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,416

    Default

    7 for 12 so far by the way... accepted by Scranton, Quinnipiac, SUNY Albany, SUNY Oswego, Marist, SUNY Binghamton. Waiting to hear from: NYU (major reach but why not try), Fordham, Gonzaga, and Stone Hill College and Rutgers.

    Thanks... pretty proud of him. Considering his major choice, I didn't want him attending where I work, as I know the programs on both campuses. He wants to minor or double major in Comp Sci... Math is good on one campus and but CS is bad... other campus it is flipped.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  19. #5269
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    7 for 12 so far by the way... accepted by Scranton, Quinnipiac, SUNY Albany, SUNY Oswego, Marist, SUNY Binghamton. Waiting to hear from: NYU (major reach but why not try), Fordham, Gonzaga, and Stone Hill College and Rutgers.

    Thanks... pretty proud of him. Considering his major choice, I didn't want him attending where I work, as I know the programs on both campuses. He wants to minor or double major in Comp Sci... Math is good on one campus and but CS is bad... other campus it is flipped.
    Congrats! So awesome.

    Does he go to a public or private high school, out of curiousity?

  20. #5270
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,416

    Default

    Public... will have taken 7 AP classes and will come out with about 12 college credits when he graduates. Daughter was close to the same (slightly more college credits, less AP classes)... She is a full semester ahead and plans on graduating after her fall semester next year... although she is having fun, so she may stay one more semester and add a second minor.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  21. #5271
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,026

    Default

    Congratulations, LIZF !!

    Riddle: Do you know where they house delinquent math & science students ?


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

  22. #5272
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    7,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Congratulations, LIZF !!

    Riddle: Do you know where they house delinquent math & science students ?
    DeSmet?

    Also the home of delinquent journalism students, social sciences students, English majors...

  23. #5273
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,026

    Default

    Answer: Stem Cells


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

  24. #5274
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,416

    Default

    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  25. #5275
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South Hill, Spokane
    Posts
    20,314

    Default

    My Seattle-based regional company was just acquired by a national company, and the rah rah meetings to kick it all off have featured a lot of love for the Seahawks and Sounders, but nary a mention of our #1 Zags.

    It's not a big deal but I felt inclined to mention it to our newly transplanted Californian regional head. I made a passionate plea for advertising in the Kennel, pointing out that if our company were really interested in looking like Spokane neighbors, they'd slip into a worn Zags shirt (or the corporate equivalent - ads).

    I now wait to see if I had any influence. Wish me luck.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •