Page 210 of 265 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260 ... LastLast
Results 5,226 to 5,250 of 6620

Thread: If you think it, post it

REM holds a special place in my music loving heart, mostly as part of my coming of age soundtrack, but also for the uniqueness and sophistication of the lyrics and melodies.

Hairshirt, Ages of You, Texarkana and South Central Rain (among others) persist as important elements of my current playlists.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

So what do you guys call these?

In a facebook group I'm in, someone brought these 2 items up asking what regional words were used for them, and I can honestly say I'd never heard the terms the people from Washington state used, but thought it was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    So what do you guys call these?

In a facebook group I'm in, someone brought these 2 items up asking what regional words were used for them, and I can honestly say I'd never heard the terms the people from Washington state used, but thought it was interesting.
    My family has always called these jojo's and Otter Pops.
    You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Steak Fries and Icees
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Steak Fries and Icees
    Steak Fries really? We call these steak fries.
    You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroop22 View Post
    Agree
    Bring back the OCC

Steak fries become the generic for larger cut fries (typically with some skin left on). Sometimes they are called Potato wedges.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Made it to 10k posts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nothing to see here just making a first page run

I was up all night with a vomiting dog.

This morning, I was so tired that I dropped a scoop of cat food in the coffee maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I was up all night with a vomiting dog.

This morning, I was so tired that I dropped a scoop of cat food in the coffee maker.
    And then I answered an e-mail that I'd sent to myself. There isn't enough caffeine in the world to get me through this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    And then I answered an e-mail that I'd sent to myself. There isn't enough caffeine in the world to get me through this morning.
    And yet your posting is relatively intact! Well done.

It's 6:42 pm. Guess I might as well have dinner.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

These were the two I'd never heard of before. Otter Pops seemed like it was used in a lot of areas. Do national chains like KFC that sell potato wedges advertise them as jojos on the menu?

These were the two I'd never heard of before. Otter Pops seemed like it was used in a lot of areas. Do national chains like KFC that sell potato wedges advertise them as jojos on the menu?
    I think they are called potato wedges on menu at KFC.

I've always called them Jojo's also.
    When I go to any Safeway in Spokane…. I ask for Jojo's, and they know.

So proud of my son Corey today. Got up super early to play soccer at 7 am. They lost 4-0, but trust me that is against a team that beat them 13-0 a month ago and he played great.

Then, we got over to his school for a 9 am tip off for his basketball game (I'm his coach for bball). He bangs his knee in the first quarter but we only have 5 players, so he guts it out. He makes the winning shot with a minute left in a very low scoring game!

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    So proud of my son Corey today. Got up super early to play soccer at 7 am. They lost 4-0, but trust me that is against a team that beat them 13-0 a month ago and he played great.

Then, we got over to his school for a 9 am tip off for his basketball game (I'm his coach for bball). He bangs his knee in the first quarter but we only have 5 players, so he guts it out. He makes the winning shot with a minute left in a very low scoring game!
    Ah! Glorious!

Binge watching Longmire decent show could be better. The show is set in the town of Durant Wyoming. No idea if it is a real place but if it is I am never going there. Way to many murders they have a murder in just about every episode.

I bought a new vehicle and put my old one on CL to sell. It's an old car, over 20 years old, but has low miles and is in great shape. It also gets good gas mileage. I asked about a $1,000 more than blue book because I think it is an exceptional vehicle and what does the blue book know about a vehicle this old. I also put in my ad that I don't want to entertain offers before someone has even looked at it. I'm tired of people sending low ball offers for my vehicles. I had a truck on there before that I was asking $8,500. I received so many texts and emails asking if I would take somewhere between 5,000 and 6,500. I sold the truck for $8,000 so I had the right price on my ad. Anyway, I received an email almost immediately after placing my ad from a very angry person. He or she said I was committing fraud with my price and that I will have to wait 15 years for it to sell because I lost any bargaining. What a tool. I hate CL, but I need CL. I really want to respond to this moron, but I'm trying to be mature. I've had a lot of good interest in the car too so I'm pretty sure it will sell for within $500 of my asking.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I bought a new vehicle and put my old one on CL to sell. It's an old car, over 20 years old, but has low miles and is in great shape. It also gets good gas mileage. I asked about a $1,000 more than blue book because I think it is an exceptional vehicle and what does the blue book know about a vehicle this old. I also put in my ad that I don't want to entertain offers before someone has even looked at it. I'm tired of people sending low ball offers for my vehicles. I had a truck on there before that I was asking $8,500. I received so many texts and emails asking if I would take somewhere between 5,000 and 6,500. I sold the truck for $8,000 so I had the right price on my ad. Anyway, I received an email almost immediately after placing my ad from a very angry person. He or she said I was committing fraud with my price and that I will have to wait 15 years for it to sell because I lost any bargaining. What a tool. I hate CL, but I need CL. I really want to respond to this moron, but I'm trying to be mature. I've had a lot of good interest in the car too so I'm pretty sure it will sell for within $500 of my asking.
    Stick to your guns blue book sucks. I routinely get unsolicited offers to buy my 99 Tacoma for 2-3k more than it blue books for.

Stick to your guns blue book sucks. I routinely get unsolicited offers to buy my 99 Tacoma for 2-3k more than it blue books for.
    Tacoma is what I really wanted, but I settled for a Ridgeline. Tacoma's are hard to find and hard to find at a good price (for good reason).
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    Tacoma is what I really wanted, but I settled for a Ridgeline. Tacoma's are hard to find and hard to find at a good price (for good reason).
    It's not my daily driver anymore but it's pretty much a family member so it's not getting sold anytime soon. I guarantee your Ridgeline is way more comfortable.

I am done with snow.