Page 199 of 251 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,975 of 6253

Thread: If you think it, post it

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    Is it actually scary? The only time I get to watch Netflix is right before bed, so I'm trying to gauge if it'll give me nightmares lol.
    I didn't think so, but it was scarier than Mrs. Phish expected.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Mrs. Phish and I saw Band of Horses, Lord Huron and Trampled by Turtles this week. Good week for live music.

And tomorrow we are celebrating our 28th anniversary!
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post

Congratulations ! I will hoist a nice glass of comfort in your honor !

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

[QUOTE=TheZagPhish;1238201]I didn't think so, but it was scarier than Mrs. Phish expected.[/QUOTE

Thanks, I'll give it a try, I usually don't get scared by shows (with the exception of 1 episode of American Horror Story). I read an article sayings it's sort of like a universe full of all the 80s Spielberg movies. And happy anniversary!

So... had a Ancestry breakthrough today. Cool thing... traced the other half of my mom's side back to England in the 1480s. Interesting fact uncovered... Sat as juror on a trial of Giles Corey, who later on would be one of the "Salem Witches"... so yeah... that was a bit odd... But was cool to see family being tied to mid-1600s Massachusetts. But now I have both sides of her family going back to late 1400s Europe (England and Germany).

Dad's side is a dead end once I hit Ireland on his father's side... Only back to revolutionary war on his mother's side.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Mrs. Phish and I saw Band of Horses, Lord Huron and Trampled by Turtles this week. Good week for live music.

Very cool phish, congrats.

We just celebrated 9, feels like 29....I Kid, I Kid.

I am approaching 45th birthday. Have a classic "widow's peak" pattern to receding hairline, though have infinitely more hair than any brother or father. At the first signs of it, I cut my hair so short so as to almost just be a colored outline. I wanted to make a statement, "I don't care." And I still don't - really, not all that much. then I went to a family reunion and saw uncles who have obviously spent tens of thousands on hair restoration and color. I admit, it made them look quite younger and in some professions that's a benefit, perhaps mine.

Do many of the men here care about receding hair at all? Until a week ago, my answer would be "hell, no" but now I'm thinking it might be worth modest effort. Not doing anything involving an MD, but does anyone think any of the "products" work at all?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Is it actually scary? The only time I get to watch Netflix is right before bed, so I'm trying to gauge if it'll give me nightmares lol.
    There are a few moments that will startle you, but I don't think it was that scary.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
    Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    I think my GU tuition was $2400 a semester. . .paid for by Uncle Sugar. When I graduated, the payback was a stint in the Army. Don't know if I would do it again but I'm very happy with the impact attending GU had on my life.

The sums paid now for a GU education are mind-boggling.
    I can't imagine $2400 a semester....of course I'll be paying these student loans for a while longer. Thanks grad school!
    Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post

I am approaching 45th birthday. Have a classic "widow's peak" pattern to receding hairline, though have infinitely more hair than any brother or father. At the first signs of it, I cut my hair so short so as to almost just be a colored outline. I wanted to make a statement, "I don't care." And I still don't - really, not all that much. then I went to a family reunion and saw uncles who have obviously spent tens of thousands on hair restoration and color. I admit, it made them look quite younger and in some professions that's a benefit, perhaps mine.

Do many of the men here care about receding hair at all? Until a week ago, my answer would be "hell, no" but now I'm thinking it might be worth modest effort. Not doing anything involving an MD, but does anyone think any of the "products" work at all?
    I'm definitely noticing a thinning of the hair upstairs however have not tried anything.
    Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    So... had a Ancestry breakthrough today. Cool thing... traced the other half of my mom's side back to England in the 1480s. Interesting fact uncovered... Sat as juror on a trial of Giles Corey, who later on would be one of the "Salem Witches"... so yeah... that was a bit odd... But was cool to see family being tied to mid-1600s Massachusetts. But now I have both sides of her family going back to late 1400s Europe (England and Germany).

Dad's side is a dead end once I hit Ireland on his father's side... Only back to revolutionary war on his mother's side.
    How cool "more stones," and that's really interesting since some of the theories on the witch trials involve a possible motive for the land of the accused. People think we're sue happy in the modern era, but there were crazy amounts of trials in Europe and Colonial America with farmers vs. their neighbors over land or livestock...and yes, some accusations of witchcraft in the old world too.

My aunt on my dad's side did some genealogy, and also seemed to hit a road block in late 1600s Ireland as far as who exactly our French soldier grandfather married. There's a cool website called "find a grave" I found out one of my great grandfathers on that side was at Valley Forge, in all her research that wasn't listed but it was on the grave marker I found online. I knew he and his father were with the Continental Army, but didn't know much about where they served.

I'm growing some plants on my deck this year. The cucumbers are doing great. I made pickles the other day and they actually turned out pretty good and crunchy. The spinach is not doing very well, but I don't really like spinach anyways so that's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post

I think when my hair starts to thin I might try Rogaine.
    Bring back the OCC

Is it bad that I giggled just a little bit when Tony Romo went down with a back injury on the first play.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroop22 View Post
    Is it bad that I giggled just a little bit when Tony Romo went down with a back injury on the first play.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Just a little.

Chocolate chip cookies without pecans are just ok. Same with brownies.

Welcome mass at Gonzaga was held in McCarthey Athletic Center this year. I wonder if it is so that incoming students know that basketball comes before God at Gonzaga?
    Bring back the OCC

Youtube can be amazing. My husband bought a piano keyboard from a coworker for $10, I've always wanted lessons for myself, and our 5 year old seems to be good with remembering tunes (and he's a lefty, so I think arts and music might naturally be his thing). I've been looking up videos of how to play different songs and he's doing very well with following along and even more impressive to me, he can walk away and remember the keys and come back to it and play things over again. I'm going to sign him up for lessons and see if he can stay committed to practicing.
    He starts kindergarten tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Chocolate chip cookies without pecans are just ok. Same with brownies.
    You should try my brownies.

Youtube can be amazing. My husband bought a piano keyboard from a coworker for $10, I've always wanted lessons for myself, and our 5 year old seems to be good with remembering tunes (and he's a lefty, so I think arts and music might naturally be his thing). I've been looking up videos of how to play different songs and he's doing very well with following along and even more impressive to me, he can walk away and remember the keys and come back to it and play things over again. I'm going to sign him up for lessons and see if he can stay committed to practicing.
    He starts kindergarten tomorrow
    It's a whole 'nother time. That's cool.

There's a cool website called "find a grave" I found out one of my great grandfathers on that side was at Valley Forge, in all her research that wasn't listed but it was on the grave marker I found online.
    At least now you can steal the Declaration of Independence!
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

It's a whole 'nother time. That's cool.
    These are some of the videos we've been watching (it reminds me of dance dance revolution, which I'm horrible at lol).
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC9WDdfvgUbylPrFTUqBnQYQ

So, every year since my kids were like 10 and 7, I have taken them into the city right before school starts and teach them to be tourists in NYC. Driving factor for this was when having conversations with folks who grew up here in the NYC area and had never been to the WTC, Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Metropolitan Museum, etc. I thought to myself, I don't want that to ever be my kids when they are older. There is a wealth of culture and at times just damn fun touristy things to do in NYC and by God, they WILL learn to be tourists. I has worked wonders. We've done the Met, MoMA, Interpid Air and Space, One World Trade, 9/11 museum, Lower East Side Tenement Museum, Museum of Natural History, and much more. Sadly, with my daughter playing Div 2 tennis and my son's golf team moving spring to fall seasons his senior year in HS.... we may not be able to go this year. Hopefully, we'll be able to find a day to go this month, but both also have jobs... so that doesn't make it any easier... sigh... sad if it ends this year. But I think I have achieved my goals. My kids LOVE Katz's Deli... when most of their friends say "What is that?" Now I just need them to be old enough to go to McSorley's.... but that stops being tourists and starts being pub crawls.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

We've done the Met, MoMA, Interpid Air and Space, One World Trade, 9/11 museum, Lower East Side Tenement Museum, Museum of Natural History,
    The tenement museum looks like it'd be a great lesson in what it was really like living in the industrial age. I loved how the Met isn't just paintings, and how they acknowledge art in everything from furniture to suits of armor, looking at the things you usually don't see in an art museum was my favorite part of my visit.

So, every year since my kids were like 10 and 7, I have taken them into the city right before school starts and teach them to be tourists in NYC. Driving factor for this was when having conversations with folks who grew up here in the NYC area and had never been to the WTC, Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Metropolitan Museum, etc. I thought to myself, I don't want that to ever be my kids when they are older. There is a wealth of culture and at times just damn fun touristy things to do in NYC and by God, they WILL learn to be tourists. I has worked wonders. We've done the Met, MoMA, Interpid Air and Space, One World Trade, 9/11 museum, Lower East Side Tenement Museum, Museum of Natural History, and much more. Sadly, with my daughter playing Div 2 tennis and my son's golf team moving spring to fall seasons his senior year in HS.... we may not be able to go this year. Hopefully, we'll be able to find a day to go this month, but both also have jobs... so that doesn't make it any easier... sigh... sad if it ends this year. But I think I have achieved my goals. My kids LOVE Katz's Deli... when most of their friends say "What is that?" Now I just need them to be old enough to go to McSorley's.... but that stops being tourists and starts being pub crawls.
    Out say the smartest sht, a lot, but this one is way up there. I felt the same way when in school in the Bay Area. I thought, "if I'm just going to study and go out with friends to restaurants/bars, I could do that at the Univ of Utah and it'd be no different. If I got 4 hours away, I'd BART to the City, and do it all, got student tix to symphony, studied out at Golden Gate Park. That was just me, I'm actually committed to my daughter, so the effort would be full on crazy in comparison.

But, you are so right, people come from all over the world to live/visit NYC as the capital of the world. If you're not going to immerse your child in the things that make NYC great, then you may as well pay 1/4 for a house, leave behind traffic concerns and all the other "hassles" that go with being there, and move to Eugene, or Boulder or other cool but small places.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.