Page 146 of 248 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 6193

Thread: If you think it, post it

You aren't hurtling into the future, you are receding slowly from the past.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

damn hayfever
    I miss Mike Hart

After years of living in San Diego, I've finally caved in and bought a surfboard. It's a damn good time too. Should have done it years ago.
    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

please tell me summer is not almost over

WKU
    "Bringing you more of little since 2007"

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaZaggin' View Post
    Outstanding -- congratulations, 03! I, too, have gone through the experience before of packing up the moving truck and driving away without a place to live lined up on the other end. I wouldn't do it again, but it all worked out just fine. I'm confident that you'll make it work too.
    We found a place in fircrest. We are about a mile from Cheney stadium. I got to see the last Rainiers game of the season and was able to walk home after the game. I'm pretty excited to go to games next season. I got my official offer letter yesterday so almost everything is falling into place. The last thing I need is my house in Springfield to rent. I thought it would rent really easily since it is a great location and a great neighborhood. I really don't want to continue paying $2100 in rent to a house I don't live in.
    Bring back the OCC

Pacific water and power sucks. I paid my bill before the due date, and actually double paid because I didn't think the first payment went through. Today I get a delinquent notice(bill was due Tuesday....) and then check my balance online to see both payments went through so there's a negative balance. They proactively sent a past due notice. Wtf.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
    Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

Russell Wilson is going to be a monster in 2014.
    I miss Mike Hart

Quote Originally Posted by bullzag23 View Post
    Pacific water and power sucks. I paid my bill before the due date, and actually double paid because I didn't think the first payment went through. Today I get a delinquent notice(bill was due Tuesday....) and then check my balance online to see both payments went through so there's a negative balance. They proactively sent a past due notice. Wtf.
    What a ####ty thing to do
    Bring back the OCC

Also a little late to the party but Congrats '03! I like it down here but I really hope to be saying the same thing within 10 years or so.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
    Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

I avoid the MBB this time of year. All of the self-annointed experts, the gushing hype over players who have never taken the court for Mark Few. . .it goes on and on.

One would think the Bol Kong experience would temper expectations.

I just hope they stay injury free most of the year. They can't afford to have either Pangos or Bell dinged up the way they were last year.

That is all.

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    One would think the Bol Kong experience would temper expectations.
    Bol Kong is going to be amazing.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    Bol Kong is going to be amazing.
    Do you guys think that Manny Arop will leave early for the NBA?
    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaZaggin' View Post
    Do you guys think that Manny Arop will leave early for the NBA?
    Well played

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

I'm really excited. It looks like I'll finally get an opportunity to use my history degree. I had always planned to be a stay at home mom while our boys were little, but I recently went to a few talks a local historian gave and he asked if I'd like to be the research assistant for one of his upcoming books. The best part is, I can do the majority of what he's looking for from home when the kids are napping or playing, and when I am ready to start back in the workforce in a few years, I'll have this and hopefully other experience to add to my resume (not to mention, I'm sure I'll learn some pretty interesting things along the way).

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    I'm really excited. It looks like I'll finally get an opportunity to use my history degree. I had always planned to be a stay at home mom while our boys were little, but I recently went to a few talks a local historian gave and he asked if I'd like to be the research assistant for one of his upcoming books. The best part is, I can do the majority of what he's looking for from home when the kids are napping or playing, and when I am ready to start back in the workforce in a few years, I'll have this and hopefully other experience to add to my resume (not to mention, I'm sure I'll learn some pretty interesting things along the way).
    That's awesome! Congratulations!
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    That's awesome! Congratulations!
    Agreed! Well done!
    Last edited by TheZagPhish; 09-09-2014 at 07:22 AM.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Congrats!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Very cool! Are you able to share the topic?

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by SWZag View Post
    Very cool! Are you able to share the topic?
    Thank you all. Not 100% sure of the exact topic at the moment because he's going to be working on several at the same time, but it will deal with folklore to some extent (which in a lot of ways goes hand in hand with history). I'm digging out my old college books to brush up on proper citation haha.

Thank you all. Not 100% sure of the exact topic at the moment because he's going to be working on several at the same time, but it will deal with folklore to some extent (which in a lot of ways goes hand in hand with history). I'm digging out my old college books to brush up on proper citation haha.
    Have a kid in HS... that gets you brushed up on citations real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Have a kid in HS... that gets you brushed up on citations real quick.
    What method do they make your kids use? History usually uses Chicago style, which is infinitely easier (and nicer looking when you're reading a paper) than the MLA they made us use in HS for all of our papers.

What method do they make your kids use? History usually uses Chicago style, which is infinitely easier (and nicer looking when you're reading a paper) than the MLA they made us use in HS for all of our papers.
    Almost everything in MS/HS is MLA nowadays as well. But I had no idea how to cite a webpage before my kids got to the middle school.

I am so happy with my new job. The audit topics are interesting and meaningful. My last job's audit were too, but I was worried the new on might not be. My office is in downtown Seattle and we face the Puget Sound. I don't have a window seat yet, but I can look through my neighbor's cube and see the Sound. The people are all really cool too. I feel like I got my dream job.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Almost everything in MS/HS is MLA nowadays as well. But I had no idea how to cite a webpage before my kids got to the middle school.
    I hope they've changed how you cite websites since I was in HS, nothing worse than reading a paper and a long HTML address breaking up your train of thought. I think 95% of the papers I wrote in MS/HS that required citation were history based, footnotes just look so much more organized.

So glad you're happy at your new job GU03! I hope the move is going/went well for you and your family too.

Congrats Jazzgirl!

And glad 03, that your new job is well.