Page 267 of 276 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271 ... LastLast
Results 6,651 to 6,675 of 6877

Thread: If you think it, post it

My son came running down the stairs to see who died. He was sure someone or something had died with the way I screamed when UCLA tied it up at 3.3.
    ...and there definitely is no such thing as Prince Charming.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbadub View Post
    I agree completely.
    Hi, Rubb !
    So many brackets, so little time.

Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    I'm just going to go out and sit on the porch to wait for the police. I screamed like I was in a horror movie and the neighbors are probably wondering who was being murdered.
    I concur. Fortunately, there are no neighbors within shouting distance or else surely I would have expected a visit from concerned neighbors.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

I drove to CA and back for Easter get together with my sister and her family. On the way, I was able to listen to the Westwood One replay of last night’s UCLA win. It will never get old hearing the announcers calling Suggs’ shot at the buzzer.

Sweet.
    But we don't play nobody.

I ordered my WCC Champions t-shirt a couple of days after the game. It just arrived today. WTF?
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Having mixed feelings about acquiring the title of "Grandpa" come September.

Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaZagFan View Post
    I ordered my WCC Champions t-shirt a couple of days after the game. It just arrived today. WTF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    My worry is the oncoming 'Great Grandpa'. My eldest Granddaughter is 23 and married 3 years to a Navy man.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Congratulations and blessings, Reno to you and your family! It is the best experience to be a Grandpa...Enjoy every moment...

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think it was in the light blue one on the bottom under the red one.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Random thought ... perhaps it's just naive optimistic fandom ... I think Jalen is coming back to play one season ( more ) with Chet.

Everything logical says no way. But ...

They have arranged practically back to back announcements Monday with Chet leading off ... plus, if it was SO automatic that Jalen was gone, why hasn't he announced yet?

During the Heister interview on the Few show, he hesitated when asked about this stuff ... and really really, I think he learned to like / love at GU, and wants the whole experience.

My perspective on him changed 180 from the pre commitment rumors of maybe going G league to every single interview I saw him in since.

I can't / won't criticize either decision, but I do think he needs to tighten up things. Why not have a full year more ... ?

Jalen is selling a on Non Fungible Token of his shot vs. UCLA. He's going to get paid ASAP. He's in Mark Few's rear view mirror.

Seems redundant to report that Chet is Gonzaga's highest rated recruit while stating he is number one ranked.
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut

Quote Originally Posted by Akzag View Post
    Random thought ... perhaps it's just naive optimistic fandom ... I think Jalen is coming back to play one season ( more ) with Chet.

Everything logical says no way. But ...

They have arranged practically back to back announcements Monday with Chet leading off ... plus, if it was SO automatic that Jalen was gone, why hasn't he announced yet?

During the Heister interview on the Few show, he hesitated when asked about this stuff ... and really really, I think he learned to like / love at GU, and wants the whole experience.

My perspective on him changed 180 from the pre commitment rumors of maybe going G league to every single interview I saw him in since.

I can't / won't criticize either decision, but I do think he needs to tighten up things. Why not have a full year more ... ?

This aged ... poorly.

This aged ... poorly.
    Doubling down ... re: Heister interviews ... JP the real Beasta wants to coach. His ( preferred ) choices are GU or in Spain. I love me some JP. I'm also aging. Pros? Cons?

I seem to recall that Wiltjer also wants to come back to coach in Spokane after his playing career ( color me slightly surprised on that one )

Congratulations :-)

Doubling down ... re: Heister interviews ... JP the real Beasta wants to coach. His ( preferred ) choices are GU or in Spain. I love me some JP. I'm also aging. Pros? Cons?

I seem to recall that Wiltjer also wants to come back to coach in Spokane after his playing career ( color me slightly surprised on that one )
    JP would be a fascinating option.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Isn't it just stunning for everyone to see just how much cargo is moved by those ships? Until you see it up close, you simply cannot appreciate (I can't) how much they carry nowadays. They basically carry 4-5 small buildings across the deck, all 8-10 stories high. The main bridge must be tens of stories high bc of course they use radar but they are still put high enough up to see down the end.

I simply cannot imagine the engine room and size of propeller it takes going at higher rpm's than your motorboat to push that at 20 knots (or whatever they go) or how big that steering thing must be (don't even know what they're named.

But I guess that's why a Walmart T-shirt made in China is $8 and a good Timex (seriously) is $40

There are some cool videos on youtube of some of those size ships in big time gales and huge waves. I guess no ship is so big that they don't care about the size of the waves. Bc there is a lot of nervousness in the bridge and intense movement, accelerating up the wave and slowing down behind one.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Doesn’t make headlines

The loss of containers from the Maersk Eindhoven brings the number of reported cases since just Nov. 30 to six. Even without the loss from the Eindhoven factored in, more than 2,675 containers were lost at sea in basically a two-month period. That’s more than double the annual average calculated by the World Shipping Council.
    https://www.freightwaves.com/news/an...ses-containers

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Thanks for the inclusion of the story link, ceo. Fascinating stuff. Used to rely on overseas sources for raw materials in our manufacturing process. Never had a container go overboard but we sure had our share of headaches with lead times and shipping delays. . .another headache I don't miss from my working life.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Are all of these the type that are insured by Lloyds of London? Isn't that how Lloyds made it's name, insuring the most expensive stuff with high risk, high reward?

Anyway, one of those videos that I like to watch, from the safety of my home. I think I've read that so long as they're going directly into them, they're fine, it's when they start getting hit from the side and tilting that they lose it. anyway, at the end of this, the actual bridge gets blasted, which is stunning.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Are all of these the type that are insured by Lloyds of London? Isn't that how Lloyds made it's name, insuring the most expensive stuff with high risk, high reward?

Anyway, one of those videos that I like to watch, from the safety of my home. I think I've read that so long as they're going directly into them, they're fine, it's when they start getting hit from the side and tilting that they lose it. anyway, at the end of this, the actual bridge gets blasted, which is stunning.

This is giving me anxiety lol, I can't imagine being on a ship (any ship) during a storm. I watched "Master and Commander" the other night on Hulu and those storm (and battle) scenes were impressive. Everytime I think about how cool it would be to do a semester on the Brig Niagara, I think of the storms (and that I'm a bad swimmer..."I only dog paddle").

People who “cut the cord” always act morally superior to me until they ask for my password so they can watch just one show. It seems like people who “cut the cord” are almost always leaching off someone who is paying for content.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Isn't it just stunning for everyone to see just how much cargo is moved by those ships? Until you see it up close, you simply cannot appreciate (I can't) how much they carry nowadays. They basically carry 4-5 small buildings across the deck, all 8-10 stories high. The main bridge must be tens of stories high bc of course they use radar but they are still put high enough up to see down the end.
    My office in Seattle faces the port of Seattle so over the last few years it has been fascinating to watch so many of these container ships come into the port.
    Bring back the OCC