Page 247 of 248 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248 LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,175 of 6193

Thread: If you think it, post it

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    Maybe that’s what happened. I hope it doesn’t affect the appraisal I’m about to get to remove my PMI. The zestimate is still higher than I need to remove pmi luckily.
    Nah... an appraiser will look at actual comparable homes and take into account variations in the homes and value accordingly. They won't use a foreclosure as a basis.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Nah... an appraiser will look at actual comparable homes and take into account variations in the homes and value accordingly. They won't use a foreclosure as a basis.
    good, thanks
    Bring back the OCC

So... not sure if you guys saw the dude during Bastille Day parade riding some hover craft with a machine gun in hand. Some were saying this is the future of the battlefield. Me... I am saying... yeah... let me put myself up in the air with absolutely no cover... yeah that will work on the battlefield. I will leave it for military folks to chime in, but I don't see the usefulness of it on a battlefield, at least.

"And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

It would be useful to the guy pinned down on the battlefield. But, yeah, until they come up with the "cloaked version," it will be some time. But, those folks at DARFA might have already solved the whole "cloak" problem.

Before people here scoff, "That's probably video engineered" - it probably is, I know that. Yet, we also know that the military has LOADS of stuff that are two generations ahead of "us." They had GPS in the late 80s, we didn't. We KNOW that they're working on light-bending materials.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Definitely not video engineered... at least the hoverboard dude.... My issue with the pinned down theory... bringing yourself up into unobstructed air is not something that is going to help you.

I see more usefulness of the tech for fire and rescue than military applications. JMHO... dude is trying hard to make a military technology, when there are likely dozens of more day to day practical applications of the tech.

Who needs cherry pickers when you have those things?

So... not sure if you guys saw the dude during Bastille Day parade riding some hover craft with a machine gun in hand. Some were saying this is the future of the battlefield. Me... I am saying... yeah... let me put myself up in the air with absolutely no cover... yeah that will work on the battlefield. I will leave it for military folks to chime in, but I don't see the usefulness of it on a battlefield, at least.

I'm not sure how that would be better than an armed drone.
    Bring back the OCC

Definitely not video engineered... at least the hoverboard dude.... My issue with the pinned down theory... bringing yourself up into unobstructed air is not something that is going to help you.

I see more usefulness of the tech for fire and rescue than military applications. JMHO... dude is trying hard to make a military technology, when there are likely dozens of more day to day practical applications of the tech.

Who needs cherry pickers when you have those things?
    I can absolutely envision scenarios where this technology would be useful on the modern battlefield. You probably won’t use it for direct air to ground fire. Existing air support is far better.

However, this would be a great way to deploy infantry troops quickly into otherwise difficult or impossible to reach places. The portability of these devices is a huge advantage. You can store them on any wheeled or tracked vehicle or even any small watercraft and put them into service whenever short distance air transport is needed. Imagine an urban combat scenario where you want to put a squad of infantry on the top of a five-story building. Pull these hover boards off the back of a truck and they can instantly claim the best overwatch position in the neighborhood. Imagine a river crossing where there is no safe bridge available. You wouldn’t need to procure other means to cross by raft or air. Imagine an amphibious landing from a ship that is too small to carry helicopters, perhaps even a submarine or a Coast Guard cutter.
    “There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I can absolutely envision scenarios where this technology would be useful on the modern battlefield. You probably won’t use it for direct air to ground fire. Existing air support is far better.

However, this would be a great way to deploy infantry troops quickly into otherwise difficult or impossible to reach places. The portability of these devices is a huge advantage. You can store them on any wheeled or tracked vehicle or even any small watercraft and put them into service whenever short distance air transport is needed. Imagine an urban combat scenario where you want to put a squad of infantry on the top of a five-story building. Pull these hover boards off the back of a truck and they can instantly claim the best overwatch position in the neighborhood. Imagine a river crossing where there is no safe bridge available. You wouldn’t need to procure other means to cross by raft or air. Imagine an amphibious landing from a ship that is too small to carry helicopters, perhaps even a submarine or a Coast Guard cutter.
    All those things I can see. Heat of battle... not so much... deployment and troop movement... yes.

Dave left this morning for Los Angeles until Tuesday. We're having a heat wave here and it's going to be 25-30 degrees cooler in LA, so we're staying inside and hoping there aren't any brownouts.
    We're heading to the science center with friends tomorrow to celebrate the Apollo 11 anniversary, and at night we're having my friend and her son come over for a sleepover. I think us moms are just as excited as the boys.

Stay cool. I know DC area takes muggy to a different level than even NY. My younger brother lives in Bethesda and I have been down there in the summer. Be safe and enjoy your time with the kiddos.

After seeing the heatwave in most of the eastern half of the country I'm finally glad that we still haven't started summer in the PNW. I hope you guys out east are safe and have A/C.
    Bring back the OCC

I signed up for the text alerts for his 2nd flight out of Dallas because I thought the boys would be interested. I kept getting alerts for it being delayed a half dozen times. I missed the texts from him, but they apparently lost power in the cabin as they were taxiing to the runway and were sitting in the dark hot plane, now they're back in the airport waiting for it to get fixed. Hopefully he gets to LA by midnight when he's supposed to begin working!

The humidity has been bad even when it's been cooler, I'm very glad we got AC installed a few years ago. We don't have it in our room, just a noisy portable one, but if I'm sleeping downstairs with the boys I don't have to bother with running it.

My washing machine broke last week with a code indicating that a heat sensor was not working. I took it apart and could not figure out where it was or what it looked like. Directions online said something to the effect of - check whether wires are loose to heat sensor, if not, check resistance, replace. Cool, but where exactly is it and what does it look like. I finally gave up. It's a front loader and no matter how much we clean the gasket it still smells bad. I have heard this is common with front loaders. We decided to get a new washer and dryer because they have to match . We ordered from Costco because you cannot just buy it at Costco. We went there and were told, after we picked one out, to go home and order it online. I ordered it on Sunday, and the soonest it will get here is July 31. I think we are going to have to go to a laundry mat and I have no idea how to even use one. I think I need to find quarters or something. You don't realize how important something is until you don't have it anymore.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    My washing machine broke last week with a code indicating that a heat sensor was not working. I took it apart and could not figure out where it was or what it looked like. Directions online said something to the effect of - check whether wires are loose to heat sensor, if not, check resistance, replace. Cool, but where exactly is it and what does it look like. I finally gave up. It's a front loader and no matter how much we clean the gasket it still smells bad. I have heard this is common with front loaders. We decided to get a new washer and dryer because they have to match . We ordered from Costco because you cannot just buy it at Costco. We went there and were told, after we picked one out, to go home and order it online. I ordered it on Sunday, and the soonest it will get here is July 31. I think we are going to have to go to a laundry mat and I have no idea how to even use one. I think I need to find quarters or something. You don't realize how important something is until you don't have it anymore.
    I haven't been to one in years, but I don't think they do quarters anymore. Sorry about the WM... and yes... when we replaced we need to replace both... strictly for matching reasons.

I haven't been to one in years, but I don't think they do quarters anymore. Sorry about the WM... and yes... when we replaced we need to replace both... strictly for matching reasons.
    I have never had matching washing machine and dryer! I mean, they're both white but they're not the same model or even brand. Our first was an HE front loader and I bought a cheap dryer because the washer gets things so wrung out I didn't feel like I needed an HE dryer. What I did to clean the ring was soak an old sock in bleach and lay it on the gasket for like a day, I did the same thing inside the gasket and it got the marks off of it and smelled good...then naturally two weeks after it was back to looking brand new the pump on it broke . I hate our HE top loader, it doesn't clean nearly as well (diapers in our old one came perfectly clean...the top loader barely gets small food spots out of clothes). We're on our second cheap dryer and I've done a minor repair on it.
    I think our laundromat still takes quarters, they have a change machine if needed.

It would appear that the first three pages of Foo threads have been bumped in favor of threads to advertise naughty adult content. I’m sure the mods will take care of that.

Until then, I want the first thread of the Foo to be a proper Foo thread.
    -12-21-2012
    -

It’s the entire site.....

I've been perusing these sites for quite a number of years - like many of us here - and this is the biggest Cyber attack to hit these boards. Hope it gets cleaned up soon.
    GO ZAGS!!!

OK... none of this makes sense. Kitz and I are the ONLY ones who can approve new users. I deleted over 120 requests in the last 2 days. I haven't approved anyone new. Yet when I went to nuke these people... ALL had a join date of today.

OK... none of this makes sense. Kitz and I are the ONLY ones who can approve new users. I deleted over 120 requests in the last 2 days. I haven't approved anyone new. Yet when I went to nuke these people... ALL had a join date of today.
    Whoa.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

-12-21-2012
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarenyon View Post
    I've been perusing these sites for quite a number of years - like many of us here - and this is the biggest Cyber attack to hit these boards. Hope it gets cleaned up soon.

Did CID kick the door down, when you logged onto this prohibited site, this morning?
    -12-21-2012
    -

Seems to be slowing... about 1 user per hour or so.

I dissappoved a whole slew of user requests this morning. I am really hoping I didn't accidentally hit the wrong button and approve instead of disapprove!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

It’s all good. Glad to see the guys who usually attack the mods are now thanking us.