Page 225 of 262 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,625 of 6544

Thread: If you think it, post it

My 8 year old son scored 19 points in his Catholic League basketball game this morning. The team won 24-11.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    My 8 year old son scored 19 points in his Catholic League basketball game this morning. The team won 24-11.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Whoa!
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    get SLING.....the package with ESPNU is $35

https://www.sling.com
    I use Hulu Live nowadays. Also $35 for the package that has ESPN U.
    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

damn, the market sure took a #### today.
    Bring back the OCC

I'm super excited for the winter olympics
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    After the SB, I had accepted the dearth of athletic competition, aside from Zags B Ball, and saw that the Olympics are coming on! That will last the 2 weeks until Mariners spring training games start.

WHEW!!! LOL
    It's not funny.

I watched a little of the mixed curling last night. The gal from Russia was beautiful.

Default anastasia bryzgalova

Is it too early to start the “Beat the Gaels” beverage thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Never! Start with a liter of your choice and you should be almost ready by game time!
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    never too early
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    I watched a little of the mixed curling last night. The gal from Russia was beautiful.
    I agree and noticed that too.
    Bring back the OCC

Default If you think it, post it

For all the hand wringing about the SDSU loss, I think the giant egg the Zags laid against Villanova in MSG in prime time on ESPN did more damage to the 2017-18 GU "brand."

Committee members have long memories and they can point to that "no show" over and over again as they discuss where the Zags belong. And they will. I think GU has to win out (including the WCC Tourney) to get into the Top 4 in any of the regions.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 03-24-2018 at 11:49 PM.

We're trying to make another tough decision about the boys' schooling. We feel bad moving him to a 3rd school in 3 years but...

Basically our oldest isn't being challenged enough to the point he is bored and when he has nothing else to do he gets sent on assignments by his teacher (like walking a classmate to the bathroom who can't be trusted to do that on his own without goofing off...like flooding the floor, at 6/7!). They're also doing math his kindergarten class had already tackled last year at this time, we're talking single digit addition so it's boring, and I'm sure others are bored too.

We were really happy with an open house we toured this weekend, although I hate that it's 30 minutes from us, and expensive. He just got into the gifted program at his school, but it only boils down to an hour of challenging work once every 6 days (and playing parole officer the other 5 days) vs. being engaged in a classroom all day.

We also looked at their preschool since ours is closing and they had openings in the afternoon, which I couldn't do due to timing if my older one stays in public, but if we send him there too it's no big deal. None of the preschools in our area have openings and long wait lists, but I also hate to jump the gun with our older son based on something as trivial as getting little bro into preschool. I do think this other school is the type of challenge that they would both do well at and enjoy...but the guilt of moving him 3 times is really bothering me. I realize that most of the time everything evens out and just because you're smart at 6 doesn't mean you will be at 12, but it's the effort he shows at learning that I don't want him to become bored in school and lose that because it isn't rewarded (and that is happening now, there are quite a few good students in his class but the class has had fun activities taken away because of one or two kids acting up every week).

I’m really bummed out today. Lots of depressing things in the news and I saw a dead body on my way to work today. I think I’m going to leave work early and have a drink.
    Bring back the OCC

I’m really bummed out today. Lots of depressing things in the news and I saw a dead body on my way to work today. I think I’m going to leave work early and have a drink.
    You might want to have more than one drink or two.

When was the 30 second shot clock started here on GUBoards?

How many posts were padded before this went in place? I feel I missed out.

The following errors occurred with your submission

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 18 seconds

It's been around as long as I can remember.
    Bring back the OCC

How many posts were padded before this went in place? I feel I missed out.
    It's been around as long as I can remember.
    It has been in place since the GUB was founded in 2007. For whatever reson, mods don't have the same governor on their accounts. . .

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    It has been in place since the GUB was founded in 2007. For whatever reson, mods don't have the same governor on their accounts. . .
    I still want to be a mod.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

So, I work from home. Started a new business last year and its been tough, but thats not what this post is about.

My wife also works from home for herself. She's an accountant. She works mostly for small publicly traded companies who need an accountant skilled in creating financial statements for review by the SEC. She has been doing well and she gets tons of referrals. She finally decided that she needed help. We hired a young woman this week.

Its kind of weird because she's sitting at a desk adjacent to my wife's office in a room that is essentially the kid's play room. We have all boys so we have giant super heroes on the wall, the closet is stuffed with toys, a punching bag hangs from the ceiling and an electronic piano where our oldest practices.

Also, my wife has decided I'm the IT guy. I was an IT guy a million years ago, but what little knowledge I have retained really isn't applicable anymore.

So, I work from home. Started a new business last year and its been tough, but thats not what this post is about.

My wife also works from home for herself. She's an accountant. She works mostly for small publicly traded companies who need an accountant skilled in creating financial statements for review by the SEC. She has been doing well and she gets tons of referrals. She finally decided that she needed help. We hired a young woman this week.

Its kind of weird because she's sitting at a desk adjacent to my wife's office in a room that is essentially the kid's play room. We have all boys so we have giant super heroes on the wall, the closet is stuffed with toys, a punching bag hangs from the ceiling and an electronic piano where our oldest practices.

Also, my wife has decided I'm the IT guy. I was an IT guy a million years ago, but what little knowledge I have retained really isn't applicable anymore.
    Beats working for the man.

We just started our little firm and we're operating out of home as well. Our new studio is in our kid's old room. The closet is still stuffed with her crap while we're trying to figure out where to file this and store that. It's going to take a little time to get this all sorted out.