Page 224 of 262 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234 ... LastLast
Results 5,576 to 5,600 of 6544

Thread: If you think it, post it

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    Almost! Stay tuned!

Please be sure to post a link either on this thread or make a new thread (you've damn well earned the right to self-promote here) so it is obvious where to find it. I will be checking here.
    on
    Meanwhile, things are looking up (speaking of self-promotion), as interest is now being shown by the people who specialize in saying "No" with the least syllables possible. https://www.amazon.com/Alienation-Ja.../dp/B01MXNVZ7X (Recommend this bc can just browse the first 30 pages or so, get a sense).
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Please be sure to post a link either on this thread or make a new thread (you've damn well earned the right to self-promote here) so it is obvious where to find it. I will be checking here.
    on
    Meanwhile, things are looking up (speaking of self-promotion), as interest is now being shown by the people who specialize in saying "No" with the least syllables possible. https://www.amazon.com/Alienation-Ja.../dp/B01MXNVZ7X (Recommend this bc can just browse the first 30 pages or so, get a sense).
    I had a few minutes to kill so I read the prologue. Now I am interested.
    You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroop22 View Post
    I had a few minutes to kill so I read the prologue. Now I am interested.
    It is nearly impossible to describe the honor one feels upon hearing that another took the time to read even a snippet when something comes from the heart. If you don't have a way to download and want it, just let me know and I can email a pdf.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    It is nearly impossible to describe the honor one feels upon hearing that another took the time to read even a snippet when something comes from the heart. If you don't have a way to download and want it, just let me know and I can email a pdf.
    My wife has a kindle unlimited account so I shouldn't have a problem getting it.
    You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Alertness bump.

I found out today that I’m one inch shorter and 8 pounds lighter than a giant fat ass. That’s a big wake up call.
    Bring back the OCC

In three days, the company I have worked for since 1 December 1986, a privately held family-owned enterprise, will be owned by a privately held company 5 times our size which in turn is owned by a $5BN private equity firm.

2018 will be a really interesting year. . .

Courage Conquers.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Our spice cupboard is bursting at the seems thanks to Penzey's generous offers this past year.
    My plan to cook meals more often has been going well since I moved all of the meat from our upright freezer in the basement to the kitchen, now I don't have the "our basement is too cold to dig through what I need to make dinner" excuse to fall back on and we don't end up getting takeout or going out to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    In three days, the company I have worked for since 1 December 1986, a privately held family-owned enterprise, will be owned by a privately held company 5 times our size which in turn is owned by a $5BN private equity firm.

2018 will be a really interesting year. . .

Courage Conquers.
    good luck Reno
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    Our spice cupboard is bursting at the seems thanks to Penzey's generous offers this past year.
    My plan to cook meals more often has been going well since I moved all of the meat from our upright freezer in the basement to the kitchen, now I don't have the "our basement is too cold to dig through what I need to make dinner" excuse to fall back on and we don't end up getting takeout or going out to eat.
    I know it's a pain in the ass, but I really prefer fresh meat and vegetables. My wife or I go to the store at least 2-3 times a week so that we can eat fresh food. Basically, my freezer is full of Trader Joe's rice/quinoa and a bag of Costco chicken nuggets. The Trader Joe's rice cooks in the microwave and, in my opinion, is way better than when we make rice in the rice cooker.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I know it's a pain in the ass, but I really prefer fresh meat and vegetables. My wife or I go to the store at least 2-3 times a week so that we can eat fresh food. Basically, my freezer is full of Trader Joe's rice/quinoa and a bag of Costco chicken nuggets. The Trader Joe's rice cooks in the microwave and, in my opinion, is way better than when we make rice in the rice cooker.
    While I have always done my share of cooking, my wife had surgery on her foot at Thanksgiving. I have been making a concerted effort to provide good meals, with variety, without breaking the bank money and/or time wise.

There are some very good stir fries on the market. She likes the PJ Chang's Broccoli and Beef is her favorite, cooked up with a pot of rice and a side of frozen or canned veggies, and it's a great meal. It is just for 2 however.

Cracker Barrel is making the best boxed Mac and sharp cheddar Cheese mix. That and fried German Sausage, cut into bite sized bits and browned all over is another. Plain quality hot dogs are also very good.

Pork chops, burgers and occasionally a steak ( I buy a porterhouse/T-bone and she gets the tenderloin piece while I get the rest), all done fresh, with micro-wave/baked style potatoes, or mashed, paired with fresh Broccoli it's great

I am trying to go once a week and buy enough dinner components for each week. Since I almost always have to go a second time, I can add in something that is a special or on sale.

She used to be a professional cook, and has been enjoying the variety of meals, and especially not having to cook!
    It's not funny.

My plan is to go through what we have and then buy a package at the local butcher. Everyone raves about this place and we still haven't tried it. It's hard getting to the store for fresh a few times a week, I do have a ton of fresh fruit and veggies right now.
    I agree about the Trader Joe's rice, we really like the Jasmine rice that you microwave. My husband picked up the microwave brown rice and quinoa at Costco, I'll have to compare it to TJ as far as price. I was actually really proud of myself for not failing to cook rice yesterday, I always feel like it sticks to the pot or is too starchy. I threw it in the skillet with a tiny bit of TJ fried rice and a bunch of miscellaneous frozen veggies bags that barely had any left and it looks like we got it from a restaurant. It feels good to weed out the freezer!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    While I have always done my share of cooking, my wife had surgery on her foot at Thanksgiving. I have been making a concerted effort to provide good meals, with variety, without breaking the bank money and/or time wise.

There are some very good stir fries on the market. She likes the PJ Chang's Broccoli and Beef is her favorite, cooked up with a pot of rice and a side of frozen or canned veggies, and it's a great meal. It is just for 2 however.

Cracker Barrel is making the best boxed Mac and sharp cheddar Cheese mix. That and fried German Sausage, cut into bite sized bits and browned all over is another. Plain quality hot dogs are also very good.

Pork chops, burgers and occasionally a steak ( I buy a porterhouse/T-bone and she gets the tenderloin piece while I get the rest), all done fresh, with micro-wave/baked style potatoes, or mashed, paired with fresh Broccoli it's great

I am trying to go once a week and buy enough dinner components for each week. Since I almost always have to go a second time, I can add in something that is a special or on sale.

She used to be a professional cook, and has been enjoying the variety of meals, and especially not having to cook!
    Sounds good! I hope her foot is doing better. I most of our cooking but my husband wanted an instant pot so we got the one Costco had on sale. I'm sure we'll be playing around with that quite a bit once we decide to take it out of the box!

He's thinking about taking family leave this summer to spend with the boys, so that'll give him time to play with the new toy too. Hopefully his company doesn't decide to send him to Glasgow this summer for an assignment and throw a wrench in our plans (not to mention that's the one place his company is doing work and I kind of want to tag along but next year would be better for all of us).

I just had a thought sweep through my head. The MBB - just when you thought it couldn't get weirder, nor more arbitrary and venomous - does.

MBB, force of nature.
    Mark Twain.

I was cleaning out the glassware in the built in China closet that's original to the house. I found this really creepy old clown figurine hiding in the back corner, on one side it's happy and the other it's angry. No clue where it came from, I've already asked my mom if it was something from a family member, still waiting to hear back from the in-laws.
    So if I go MIA, it was the clown...

So this was just announced:

Oh, and looky here! The first ever three-day Gorge shows!

It will be like a Phish festival in my backyard!
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

I was cleaning out the glassware in the built in China closet that's original to the house. I found this really creepy old clown figurine hiding in the back corner, on one side it's happy and the other it's angry. No clue where it came from, I've already asked my mom if it was something from a family member, still waiting to hear back from the in-laws.
    So if I go MIA, it was the clown...
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    So this was just announced:

Oh, and looky here! The first ever three-day Gorge shows!

It will be like a Phish festival in my backyard!
    Sorry for my ignorance. Does the schedule indicate the doors open at 5:30, or that The Doors are opening for Phish?

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance. Does the schedule indicate the doors open at 5:30, or that The Doors are opening for Phish?
    Dude, you totally need to go to these shows! Truth is, anything can happen at a Phish show.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

I wish Amazon had a store where they had like one of everything on display (obviously not books and movies and really self explanatory things). I would probably talk myself out of a lot less things if I could see them in person.

So many mixed reviews are making picking a bag out so damn hard. I want something Indiana Jones-eque but with enough storage for 3 kids' crap, and no fake looking straps.

I wish Amazon had a store where they had like one of everything on display (obviously not books and movies and really self explanatory things). I would probably talk myself out of a lot less things if I could see them in person.

So many mixed reviews are making picking a bag out so damn hard. I want something Indiana Jones-eque but with enough storage for 3 kids' crap, and no fake looking straps.
    I love Toscanella bags, or more broadly most courier style bags from Tuscany. The construction is so good and the leather is second to none.

I'm tired of missing the Gonzaga games each week since I don't have ESPNU. I have a Premium Sports Package that adds a ton of channels, but apparently ESPNU isn't one of them. If I want to add ESPNU I have to upgrade to an even better package that will cost an extra $30 a month just so I can have the one channel I want. #### you Comcast.
    Bring back the OCC

Reaction when I opened the thread in the MBB about the Zags' newest commit and found the habitually sullen creating new ways to be relentlessly pessimistic...

What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

I think I'm ready for the work day to be over.
    Bring back the OCC

I'm tired of missing the Gonzaga games each week since I don't have ESPNU. I have a Premium Sports Package that adds a ton of channels, but apparently ESPNU isn't one of them. If I want to add ESPNU I have to upgrade to an even better package that will cost an extra $30 a month just so I can have the one channel I want. #### you Comcast.
    get SLING.....the package with ESPNU is $35

https://www.sling.com