Page 222 of 262 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 6544

Thread: If you think it, post it

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post

Bring back the OCC

Debut went well. Had a good number of people repeated come back to us. Had a couple express interest in investing... although we may have a couple investors already lined up.
    I had some beer repeat!

Just kidding!

Any chance of getting some bottles released in Spokane? I would certainly like to support you and would drink some!
    It's not funny.

Debut went well. Had a good number of people repeated come back to us. Had a couple express interest in investing... although we may have a couple investors already lined up.
    Well, it does say "take 2" is there a backstory to the name... Or do we have to wait to buy a case and read it there?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    Well, it does say "take 2" is there a backstory to the name... Or do we have to wait to buy a case and read it there?
    No need to wait. Basically, our original name was going to be 231 Brewing Company... named after a main road that runs through our town. We decided to change up because a) it felt like it limited us to being somewhere on that road or regionalized us on LI too much and b) we liked it but didn't LOVE it. Like my cousin said, it should be something we love, like naming a child. So that's the initial backstory. So we spent about 3-4 weeks bouncing ideas around... one day my wife calls me on her way home from work and suggests take two. Her logic was that it was our second take on a name, that my cousin and I see this a next stage in our careers, along with the number 2 being very very prevalent in our lives (too numerous to list here). Both of us liked it right from the beginning.

BTW motto is "One is just not enough".
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

No need to wait.
    Excellent! I'll PM my address! I'd ship it via FedEx, though. I always called my beer exports, "yeast samples" and it was no problemo.

Seriously though, I like the brand story. Are you blogging this journey?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    Excellent! I'll PM my address! I'd ship it via FedEx, though. I always called my beer exports, "yeast samples" and it was no problemo.

Seriously though, I like the brand story. Are you blogging this journey?
    Sadly...no
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

We did a trial run of Thanksgiving tonight since my in-laws were in town. Everything went pretty smoothly (although the turkey was a Costco chicken so I only had to reheat it haha). My parents are doing a lot of remodeling at their house, refinishing the kitchen floor and painting so we offered to host this year and hopefully make their next week less stressful. Luckily my Mom will bake the actual turkey, and it'll only need to travel a mile to our house, but I think I have everything else under control.

We did a trial run of Thanksgiving tonight since my in-laws were in town. Everything went pretty smoothly (although the turkey was a Costco chicken so I only had to reheat it haha). My parents are doing a lot of remodeling at their house, refinishing the kitchen floor and painting so we offered to host this year and hopefully make their next week less stressful. Luckily my Mom will bake the actual turkey, and it'll only need to travel a mile to our house, but I think I have everything else under control.
    I always enjoy making the jellied (and canned) Cranberry sauce! Probably why, since it's just my wife and myself, I do a small end Prime Rib. The dogs seem to like the ribs too. Go figure!
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I always enjoy making the jellied (and canned) Cranberry sauce! Probably why, since it's just my wife and myself, I do a small end Prime Rib. The dogs seem to like the ribs too. Go figure!
    Cranberry sauce what we're putting the 6 year old in charge of, he got to practice it after being promoted from cresent rolls...he's pretty mad we gave that job to little brother but he likes cranberry sauce so much only half of the can would make it to the table haha.
    ETA: our family gatherings are always sadly lacking in beef, prime rib sounds good!

We are going to PK80 so my wife and I decided to do thanksgiving dinner on Sunday. Well, I found out I have to travel for work on Sunday and I get back at 10 on Wednesday. I don’t think I’m getting turkey this year.
    Bring back the OCC

Oh no! I hope you get a make up Thanksgiving.

Oh no! I hope you get a make up Thanksgiving.
    We may also. My wife is having a nervectomy (?) on her foot on Wednesday, and any time they put you under, it takes a while for the organs to wake up.

I'll just hang that prime in the cool room and let it age! Just kidding.
    It's not funny.

No need to wait. Basically, our original name was going to be 231 Brewing Company... named after a main road that runs through our town. We decided to change up because a) it felt like it limited us to being somewhere on that road or regionalized us on LI too much and b) we liked it but didn't LOVE it. Like my cousin said, it should be something we love, like naming a child. So that's the initial backstory. So we spent about 3-4 weeks bouncing ideas around... one day my wife calls me on her way home from work and suggests take two. Her logic was that it was our second take on a name, that my cousin and I see this a next stage in our careers, along with the number 2 being very very prevalent in our lives (too numerous to list here). Both of us liked it right from the beginning.

BTW motto is "One is just not enough".
    Nice name Good Luck

Glad it wasn't Take 40....as in WD-40

How many cooks before you came up final recipe for Take Two?

I just got asked to help out at the preschool Thanksgiving party. Do you know how hard it is to find a Thanksgiving themed game that 30 3 year olds can complete quickly?! And I don't think I can illustrate for them just how many Pilgrims died off those first few months by handing all the kids a card with " you lived/sorry you didn't" ... although the history nerd in me wants to teach them that.

I just got asked to help out at the preschool Thanksgiving party. Do you know how hard it is to find a Thanksgiving themed game that 30 3 year olds can complete quickly?! And I don't think I can illustrate for them just how many Pilgrims died off those first few months by handing all the kids a card with " you lived/sorry you didn't" ... although the history nerd in me wants to teach them that.
    ha ha, how about pin the tail on the turkey
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    ha ha, how about pin the tail on the turkey
    I feel like at that age every game is going to result in tears if a kid doesn't win lol. I found a "stuff the turkey" game that I might go with, make them work in teams.

I feel like at that age every game is going to result in tears if a kid doesn't win lol. I found a "stuff the turkey" game that I might go with, make them work in teams.
    good idea
    Bring back the OCC

I think some Orcas find poultry > fish

My vacation was delayed by a day because on Thursday I found out I was going to have an Phase I environmental audit of our facility on Monday, 11/27. At the same time, I learned there was a document request list a mile long due next week. . .in the middle of my vacation. In my next career, I want to be #retired.

June 2020 is the target date. We'll see what kind of curveballs come my way.

Looking forward to watching the Zags tonight.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    My vacation was delayed by a day because on Thursday I found out I was going to have an Phase I environmental audit of our facility on Monday, 11/27. At the same time, I learned there was a document request list a mile long due next week. . .in the middle of my vacation. In my next career, I want to be #retired.

June 2020 is the target date. We'll see what kind of curveballs come my way.

Looking forward to watching the Zags tonight.
    Yuck, I hope it all goes well
    Bring back the OCC

Killian Tillie has giant feet. Looks like my dude is wearing ski boots out there.
    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

We get to find out tomorrow what size basketball baby T. #3 will play with. The boys are going with us, they think the difference between boy babies and girl babies is the girls have long hair (we didn't even make that up to avoid awkward questions).

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    Yuck, I hope it all goes well
    The inspector made it over Donner Pass. Show time begins at 8:00am Monday.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    The inspector made it over Donner Pass. Show time begins at 8:00am Monday.
    Good luck
    Bring back the OCC

We get to find out tomorrow what size basketball baby T. #3 will play with. The boys are going with us, they think the difference between boy babies and girl babies is the girls have long hair (we didn't even make that up to avoid awkward questions).
    Are you having a future Lady Zag or a future MBB star?
    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?