Page 254 of 255 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255 LastLast
Results 6,326 to 6,350 of 6372

Thread: If you think it, post it

I don't think I will feel comfortable flying or attending an indoor concert, play, or movie until there's a vaccine. I would like to see my 65th birthday (Nov. 2022). Hob-nobbing with folks you don't know and can't trust is part of my 'survive and advance' strategy.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 04-05-2020 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    I don't think I will feel comfortable flying or attending an indoor concert, play, or movie until there's a vaccine.
    I feel much the same.
    The other day, my 6yo asked if Chuckie Cheese was open and my 8yo piped up "God no! That place is a germ factory on a good day."

I am encouraged by this. Still not proven scientifically yet, but there's hope. New York is administering it, so we'll soon see!

FDA issues emergency authorization of anti-malaria drug Hydroxychloroquine for treatment of coronavirus patients

Novartis CEO says Malaria drug is biggest hope against coronavirus

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by SWZag View Post
    I am encouraged by this. Still not proven scientifically yet, but there's hope. New York is administering it, so we'll soon see!

FDA issues emergency authorization of anti-malaria drug Hydroxychloroquine for treatment of coronavirus patients

Novartis CEO says Malaria drug is biggest hope against coronavirus
    https://abcnews.go.com/Health/chloro..._headlines_hed
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Thanks! We'll keep our fingers crossed. If there is good news, I'm sure it will relieve a lot of anxiety and fretting.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Happier news.... well depending on what you like...

New Rick and Morty episodes on May 3rd!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Happier news.... well depending on what you like...

New Rick and Morty episodes on May 3rd!
    Thank you. I don't know that show, but that doesn't matter. Happier news is always welcome.
    Stay safe, my friend.

Not a show for everyone, but smart, crude, and funny as all get out if you appreciate the style of humor. Think South Park, but with better, more consistent story lines. Most episodes should be watched more than once because you WILL miss stuff as it moves fast. First episode, the pilot, isn't great... from that point on almost every single episode is great.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Just opened first of three boxes from Tavour... lots of rare and hard to get beers to drink over the quarantine. Ironically, when my business partner and I signed up for it, we did so as market research. We wanted to get different ideas on flavors, packaging, etc. We had no idea we'd be getting supplies for being stuck at home. He just dropped off a box of single cans/bottles of any dupes we have... still have about a dozen bombers and larger bottles at his place. Like a kid in candy store.

Just opened first of three boxes from Tavour... lots of rare and hard to get beers to drink over the quarantine. Ironically, when my business partner and I signed up for it, we did so as market research. We wanted to get different ideas on flavors, packaging, etc. We had no idea we'd be getting supplies for being stuck at home. He just dropped off a box of single cans/bottles of any dupes we have... still have about a dozen bombers and larger bottles at his place. Like a kid in candy store.
    so, I just tried them out and they only have like 10 beers to choose from? and then when I clicked on one that says get it, it then said I was waitlisted? How do you use this app?
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    so, I just tried them out and they only have like 10 beers to choose from? and then when I clicked on one that says get it, it then said I was waitlisted? How do you use this app?

So you basically put stuff in a "cellar" they accumulate the stuff and then ship it out flat rate of $15 right to you once a month. It won't be FedEx or UPS. Keep in mind these are constantly changing. Everything but one that we were wait-listed on we got. These tend to be one off or hard to get beers... or beers that tend to be local only. So for an example, something local to you like Freemont Golden Pilsner might be something you don't want... but for me... that is a must buy.

Definitely not an instant gratification process, but man you get really good beers from all over the country... much of which aren't available to you otherwise.

So you basically put stuff in a "cellar" they accumulate the stuff and then ship it out flat rate of $15 right to you once a month. It won't be FedEx or UPS. Keep in mind these are constantly changing. Everything but one that we were wait-listed on we got. These tend to be one off or hard to get beers... or beers that tend to be local only. So for an example, something local to you like Freemont Golden Pilsner might be something you don't want... but for me... that is a must buy.

Definitely not an instant gratification process, but man you get really good beers from all over the country... much of which aren't available to you otherwise.
    I guess that's cool, but I didn't think I would have to go on there constantly to check for beers. One of, if not my favorite breweries, Holy Mountain has stopped selling to go and has started putting beers on Tavour. I was hoping to get some of their beer but was waitlisted on the one I tried. I might check it a few more times, but I will probably just hit Total Wine until this is over.
    Bring back the OCC

Great news, Holy Mountain is reopening and doing contactless transactions!
    Bring back the OCC

Gotta say... love the fact the the butcher I go to out here is offering drive-up service. I ordered on Monday... they called for CC info yesterday... called me to come pick it up this morning. Don't even have to get out of the car.

One positive thing has come out of this virus for me. I have given up drinking pop. I used to drink 2 monsters and a mountain dew on work days and usually at least one monster on non-work days. I have been caffeine and pop free for 3 weeks now. It took 8-9 days for the headaches to go away though. I never want to have to go through that again.
    Bring back the OCC

One positive thing has come out of this virus for me. I have given up drinking pop. I used to drink 2 monsters and a mountain dew on work days and usually at least one monster on non-work days. I have been caffeine and pop free for 3 weeks now. It took 8-9 days for the headaches to go away though. I never want to have to go through that again.
    My positive is that I am down 23 pounds as of today... hoping to lose at least another 15 - 20 by June 1.

My positive is that I am down 23 pounds as of today... hoping to lose at least another 15 - 20 by June 1.
    That's awesome!
    Bring back the OCC

That's awesome!
    I may have to personally revitalize the clothing industry when this thing is done.

I may have to personally revitalize the clothing industry when this thing is done.
    Ha ha, that's a good problem to have.
    Bring back the OCC

Ha ha, that's a good problem to have.
    Love throwing on a older tshirt and having it feel like a tent. Yes, yes it is. With the length of this lockdown, it is building really solid dieting habits.

MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    better shut down the thread to be consistent....can’t get political

Maybe he was being sarcastic, that seems to be an excepted excuse...

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    better shut down the thread to be consistent....can’t get political
    It seems that rather than just being political, there was an air of combativeness, two posters, in particular, battling it out.
    This is not the place for a 'cage match' where only one can leave alive. Besides...it's the foo. No real rules.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    It seems that rather than just being political, there was an air of combativeness, two posters, in particular, battling it out.
    This is not the place for a 'cage match' where only one can leave alive. Besides...it's the foo. No real rules.
    especially if it is in jest.

I mean come on CEO... you gotta admit it is kinda funny.