Page 253 of 255 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255 LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,325 of 6372

Thread: If you think it, post it

Quote Originally Posted by Akzag View Post
    The Orleans has a new floor for us this year ... Inside the 3 pt line is "normal", the key has a wavy grey and black pattern with a light blue "WCC" logo. The baselines are in the same blue. The middle "third" of the court is gray. The center court logo is BIG.
    Hope the logos aren't slippery...

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by Akzag View Post
    Just offering my annual thanks to the good folks at BYU TV for airing the early rounds of the WCC tournaments - both Ladies and Men.
    For today's men's games, the WCC shows these options for viewing: NBCSCA / ROOTNW / byuTV / AT&T RM / WCCN

One of the usual suspects I link up with here in Vegas flew in to town yesterday. He said the airport was less populated (by half) from any other mid-week travel he's done. He's in sales and frequents LV on business fairly often. The hotel concierge told me their business is off 30% from a year ago and booking for the opening weekend of the NCAA tournament are down.

I really hope the Big Dance isn't played to empty arenas (or outright cancelled).

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    For today's men's games, the WCC shows these options for viewing: NBCSCA / ROOTNW / byuTV / AT&T RM / WCCN

One of the usual suspects I link up with here in Vegas flew in to town yesterday. He said the airport was less populated (by half) from any other mid-week travel he's done. He's in sales and frequents LV on business fairly often. The hotel concierge told me their business is off 30% from a year ago and booking for the opening weekend of the NCAA tournament are down.

I really hope the Big Dance isn't played to empty arenas (or outright cancelled).
    The irony with the airlines is that it isn't "airborne" so it's less likely to spread on an airplane than in a bathroom.

I really hope it's not canceled. But …

Think it Post It:

I think that the guy who wrote the commercial with the "I wanna Rock, I want to Rock" needs to be punished. I can't get that out of my head, and I don't want to die with a bad song going through my head.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I have been told 30 years. My house is 29 years old. When they reseal the roof they replace bad shingles. Apparently if you do that every few years you basically end up with a new roof after a while.
    Decided to get a new roof - love spending money I don't have.

Coincidentally, I have been listening to a lot of Dave Ramsey lately. I think I can get this ####### and my credit cards and my car loan paid off in 18 months. It's going to suck though. We have a trip to Europe planned for this summer. I am hoping that CV causes my flights to get cancelled so I can get refunds on my plane tickets.
    Bring back the OCC

I'm on week 2 of teleworking because of CV with no end in sight. I love having no commute and waking up 15 minutes before work, but I really miss being in the office around people. I also miss being downtown Seattle for my lunch and breaks and even the walk to and from the train.
    Bring back the OCC

I'm on week 2 of teleworking because of CV with no end in sight. I love having no commute and waking up 15 minutes before work, but I really miss being in the office around people. I also miss being downtown Seattle for my lunch and breaks and even the walk to and from the train.
    I was wondering how those of you in Western Washington were doing. Probably a very smart idea to telecommute for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    I was wondering how those of you in Western Washington were doing. Probably a very smart idea to telecommute for the time being.
    I'm lucky that I can. My sister works in the libraries in Seattle. No telework for her.
    Bring back the OCC

I'm lucky that I can. My sister works in the libraries in Seattle. No telework for her.
    Hopefully people are avoiding going places that can be avoided as much as possible. My husband has clients in Italy for one of his projects, they were supposed to travel here last week but cancelled because there's a risk they could have brought it with them.
    It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out, hopefully they find a way to make a vaccine, find a treatment plan, and hopefully the virus doesn't mutate into something worse.

I'm down nearly $30k in my retirement account.
    Bring back the OCC

espnU is re-airing Lebron's first nationally televised high school game ... Oak Hill v St Vincent St Mary's ( Dec 2002 ? )

Shulman and Vitale are there. Bilas is there. Bill Walton is there, as well ... in a tie and jacket. And Walton is quite coherent.
    So many brackets, so little time.

I don’t think I’m going to make it in isolation.
    Bring back the OCC

I don’t think I’m going to make it in isolation.
    I deliver mail... and I've had more people coming up to me on my route than ever before... folks want some sort of human contact I guess. I have to keep asking people to give me my six foot bubble lol... I want to deliver the mail, not the entire neighborhood's germs.

Have cut back on news and social media intake. All of the news is bad and I don't need external sources adding to my distress.

Are we going to saves lives at the expense of livelihoods ? Or can we save both ?

First of all I realize how lucky our family is that we are able to stay home during all of this. As of now, School is out until 4/13, we're going to be doing some days of online learning, we've already done some of the school packets that were sent home for snow days, and on our days off we've done our own fun educational things. I am so thankful for all of the educational things that have been shared in the past week, museums we can virtually tour, stage productions to watch, famous childrens' authors who are reading to my kids and teaching them to draw as well as local librarians doing programs from their own homes.
    I'm an introvert so being socially distant has been a nice change of pace. I have no excuses not to use up what's in our pantry and freezer instead of picking up fast food like we normally do once a week. We're getting little house projects (that we already have the materials for) checked off our to do list too.
    Some local distilleries and wineries have switched their production to hand sanitizer. I placed an order for elastic so I think this weekend and some of next week is going to be devoted to making medical masks for a local nursing home. I'll see what the boys can help me with in making those, it'll be a good use for the fabrics taking over my craft room and help declutter a bit.

Have cut back on news and social media intake. All of the news is bad and I don't need external sources adding to my distress.

Are we going to saves lives at the expense of livelihoods ? Or can we save both ?
    I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately.

What’s the famous quote about liberty vs security?

Considering my hypertension... age... etc. This thing scares me more than others I think. Was not happy being at work all week... so glad that I am working from home this week, possibly into the next week. I suspect my wife and daughter will be sick of me by Wednesday at the latest.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

I agree.

I don't want anyone to die, but death by homelessness and starvation is death nonetheless.

We can't allow months of no economy, we just can't. There are too many poor people.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I agree.

I don't want anyone to die, but death by homelessness and starvation is death nonetheless.

We can't allow months of no economy, we just can't. There are too many poor people.

As I stated before, I keep thinking about the price of overreaction. Just to throw some context, I decided before this past Sunday to socially isolate our family based on an abundance of caution. My wife and I already work from home.

But, there may be a record number of jobless claims coming through, over a million was the headline I saw this morning. A helluva lot of people are already suffering financially because of our collective reaction to a disease that has, as of this morning infected roughly 20,000 and killed less than 300.

Contrast that with the flu, which gets zero press. Here’s the quote from the CDC:

• CDC estimates that so far this season there have been at least 38 million flu illnesses, 390,000 hospitalizations and 23,000 deaths from flu.

Time will tell if we are overreacting and if the effects on a lot of levels make the reaction worse than the disease?

I went to the grocery store today. It still sucked. I would think it would have gotten a little better by now. Nearly all of the customers were wearing masks and gloves including one lady who made her gloves (or I guess they would be mittens) out of the bags in the produce aisle. She was having trouble grabbing things off the shelves. SMDH. I thought you were only supposed to wear a mask if you are sick so either there were a lot of sick people at the store or a lot of stupid people. The shelves were still cleared out of a lot of items. There was no rice, no beans, no flour, and no cleaning supplies. It's so frustrating.
    Bring back the OCC

I went to the grocery store today. It still sucked. I would think it would have gotten a little better by now. Nearly all of the customers were wearing masks and gloves including one lady who made her gloves (or I guess they would be mittens) out of the bags in the produce aisle. She was having trouble grabbing things off the shelves. SMDH. I thought you were only supposed to wear a mask if you are sick so either there were a lot of sick people at the store or a lot of stupid people. The shelves were still cleared out of a lot of items. There was no rice, no beans, no flour, and no cleaning supplies. It's so frustrating.
    If you want to get back at the toilet paper hoarders, buy all the plungers!
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    If you want to get back at the toilet paper hoarders, buy all the plungers!
    Ha ha
    Bring back the OCC

From somewhere on the internet:

“Eighth day of self isolation and it’s like Vegas in my house. We’re losing money by the minute, cocktails are acceptable at any hour, and nobody knows what time it is.”

Stay safe & sane, Foo.

Someone posted a meme questioning why athletes made so much money now that the pandemic deemed them non essential workers. I think my response would make Dr Bennett proud! ��

It’s called the economics of supply and demand. I don’t know how to draw graphs on Facebook , but the price for any good or service is at the intersection between how much demand there is and the supply of that good or service. There is worldwide demand for the entertainment of the very best athletes performing against other athletes of similar caliber. There are very few athletes in the world with the combination of God given near superhuman talent and the work ethic to exploit that talent. Therefore a very limited supply. There is only one Michael Jordan, for example. These facts combine to create extremely high rates of pay for the athletes. The invisible hands of free markets don’t care if it’s fair or not. And, that is the kind of response you get during a pandemic shelter in place order �� If you don’t like it, stop watching sports for personal entertainment and convince a whole bunch of people (billions) to follow suit.

“Eighth day of self isolation and it’s like Vegas in my house. We’re losing money by the minute, cocktails are acceptable at any hour, and nobody knows what time it is.”

Stay safe & sane, Foo.
    Nobody knows what time it is....haha, we barely know what day it is! It's just "day" or "night" or "OMG the kid needs a nap" or "ugh, I need a nap" at our house.

Stay safe & sane, Foo.
    they shut down all golf courses in Rancho Mirage and then locked up all the tennis courts.....we still can hike the “bump and grind” trail in the hills....really busy everyday....guessing it gets shut down soon.

stay safe