Page 270 of 274 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274 LastLast
Results 6,726 to 6,750 of 6840

Thread: If you think it, post it

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    What did you buy?
    I haven't bought one yet. Test drove f150, gmc 1500, and a tundra all crew cabs. Nothing was available in the trim level and colors i wanted. This is a want not a need so at this point I am being patient.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    I have a 2013 Tacoma quad cab 4 x 4. 36,000 miles. I think the only times it ever was used in 4 x 4 mode was for bad snow days on my work commute. . .3 maybe 4 times ? Has been a reliable vehicle so far. I understand people have racked up 200K miles on them with few issues. Auto trans.
    My 99 has 250,000ish miles. At this point some of its blurry but the only thing I can remember having to replace is the starter and brakes and routine maintenance stuff.

You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

I bought a new Ridgeline a couple months ago. I traded in my 2010 Ridgeline. With used car prices so high I figured it was time to cut it loose. I did a lot of research and the Ridgeline was the best truck for me. I really like the Tacoma's and they are better off-road than my truck. The off-roading that I do involves forest service roads and snow and the Ridgeline is good in that stuff.

Sweet looking truck.. Read an article awhile back that said the Ridgeline is the most reliable truck. Not sure what data they used to determine that.

I always thought coach didn't drink. Someone pointed him out to me at J&D and said see he's drinking a root beer.
    Last edited by gu03alum; 09-07-2021 at 05:06 PM.
    Bring back the OCC

I can't wait for self driving cars so I can sit on a couch in the backseat and enjoy a beer while my car drives me home.
    Bring back the OCC

Lately I've been trying to pinpoint when our house was built. When I went to the deeds office 8 years ago the 1917-1921 range I got there never really seemed correct to me based on the architecture. Our library making different genealogical databases available at home has been one of the few perks of the past year. The census aren't extremely helpful because they didn't even list actual addresses in our area until 1930 or 1940 so it's been a lot of detective work between that and streets changing names. Oddly enough obituaries have been the most helpful and provided a street name where the census didn't (yes, we've had at least 2 funerals held at our house, which kind of makes sense since we're so close to the cemetery). Based on the nearest cross streets listed on the census and neighboring families I think the earliest family I found a deed for was also living here in 1900 as well. 1910's included both the families in the house to the north and the one behind our house, where a relative of the original owners still live...so based on having two of the same neighbors, I highly doubt that the family moved to a new plot of land but kept those same two neighbors...that seems like too much of a coincidence.
    I found a map from 1906 that showed some houses but I wasn't really sure if they were ours or the group in the next block north. I used Google maps and made a street map transparent, did an overlay of the old map and matched it up with the nearby streets so that the scale was correct and the structures on the map match up with our house and our neighbor's house (which matches the style of ours, except they have an additional gable in their roof). Today, I found a map from 1897 that once again appears to have ours and the neighboring house on it. Maps of the suburbs here are few and far between so it was nice having something just a little earlier but still showing a good bit of detail. I'm not sure if I'll be able to find anything earlier or not.
    It's also been interesting reading about the families who lived here previously, even if they're little more than names and birth years and occasionally an occupation. I'd be lying if I said that the past year and a half haven't made me wonder how they spent 1918. With our historical society page I was able to connect with a woman who spent her childhood here, she confirmed my suspicion that there had been an additional fireplace, whether it was removed or drywalled over, I'm not sure... but it is taking every ounce of restraint not to grab a pry bar and start pulling up the laminate planks in our living room to see if the hearth tile remains.
    It's been a fun couple of weeks playing detective and learning the names of the previous occupants.

That sounds fun jazz. I kind of wish I had a house older than 1991 now.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    Lately I've been trying to pinpoint when our house was built. When I went to the deeds office 8 years ago the 1917-1921 range I got there never really seemed correct to me based on the architecture. Our library making different genealogical databases available at home has been one of the few perks of the past year. The census aren't extremely helpful because they didn't even list actual addresses in our area until 1930 or 1940 so it's been a lot of detective work between that and streets changing names. Oddly enough obituaries have been the most helpful and provided a street name where the census didn't (yes, we've had at least 2 funerals held at our house, which kind of makes sense since we're so close to the cemetery). Based on the nearest cross streets listed on the census and neighboring families I think the earliest family I found a deed for was also living here in 1900 as well. 1910's included both the families in the house to the north and the one behind our house, where a relative of the original owners still live...so based on having two of the same neighbors, I highly doubt that the family moved to a new plot of land but kept those same two neighbors...that seems like too much of a coincidence.
    I found a map from 1906 that showed some houses but I wasn't really sure if they were ours or the group in the next block north. I used Google maps and made a street map transparent, did an overlay of the old map and matched it up with the nearby streets so that the scale was correct and the structures on the map match up with our house and our neighbor's house (which matches the style of ours, except they have an additional gable in their roof). Today, I found a map from 1897 that once again appears to have ours and the neighboring house on it. Maps of the suburbs here are few and far between so it was nice having something just a little earlier but still showing a good bit of detail. I'm not sure if I'll be able to find anything earlier or not.
    It's also been interesting reading about the families who lived here previously, even if they're little more than names and birth years and occasionally an occupation. I'd be lying if I said that the past year and a half haven't made me wonder how they spent 1918. With our historical society page I was able to connect with a woman who spent her childhood here, she confirmed my suspicion that there had been an additional fireplace, whether it was removed or drywalled over, I'm not sure... but it is taking every ounce of restraint not to grab a pry bar and start pulling up the laminate planks in our living room to see if the hearth tile remains.
    It's been a fun couple of weeks playing detective and learning the names of the previous occupants.
    It does sound like fun.

Couldn't you use the google satellite view from 1898? Just kidding.
    We kind of know ours. It was built between 1906/07 and 1924/5, literally. It started as a single room. When I opened the wall up to make a pass through from the kitchen into the dining room, the wall on the kitchen side showed sun bleaching and a dark spot where a wash tub had hung. I also have a photo from 1926-1927 showing the front finished with the second story on already.
    We know that the property was purchased in 1906, as a wedding gift...for my Grandmother. And the photo has my Dad as a young one, in front of the house.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

I bought a car at the auction a number of years ago. It was a crown victoria that had a custom horn. You could select the tune that it played. My favorite was Do you know the way to San Jose.

I was reminded of this when thinking of my dad's house in Hillyard. He doesn't live there anymore. According to Zillow his house was built in 1908. One of my favorite parts of the house was the doorbell. The doorbell played something like 5 different tunes. The best was the charge tune they play at sporting events.

I didn't live with him full-time until college, but living in Hilliard in the 90's was something else. His Christmas lights were stolen off his house. That blew my mind. Who steals christmas lights. His windows were shot out a couple times. Needles and used condoms were regularly found out front. I bought a prelude and the next day I had a prelude with no airbags. They were stolen overnight. With all that said there were lots of good memories at that house.

Zillow says he bought it for $68k in 1996 and sold it for $100k in 2010. Zillow says it's worth $275k now. Good lord that's a lot of money for that house.
    Bring back the OCC

I bought a car at the auction a number of years ago. It was a crown victoria that had a custom horn. You could select the tune that it played. My favorite was Do you know the way to San Jose.

I was reminded of this when thinking of my dad's house in Hillyard. He doesn't live there anymore. According to Zillow his house was built in 1908. One of my favorite parts of the house was the doorbell. The doorbell played something like 5 different tunes. The best was the charge tune they play at sporting events.

I didn't live with him full-time until college, but living in Hilliard in the 90's was something else. His Christmas lights were stolen off his house. That blew my mind. Who steals christmas lights. His windows were shot out a couple times. Needles and used condoms were regularly found out front. I bought a prelude and the next day I had a prelude with no airbags. They were stolen overnight. With all that said there were lots of good memories at that house.

Zillow says he bought it for $68k in 1996 and sold it for $100k in 2010. Zillow says it's worth $275k now. Good lord that's a lot of money for that house.
    We have plug in doorbell chimes from a company called Starpoint. They play a bunch of different tunes but I don't remember if "Charge" is one of them. We have two different tunes, one for the front door and one for the back. A few times they've randomly gone off and didn't play either of the selected tunes lol, but other than that they have been really reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    It does sound like fun.

Couldn't you use the google satellite view from 1898? Just kidding.
    We kind of know ours. It was built between 1906/07 and 1924/5, literally. It started as a single room. When I opened the wall up to make a pass through from the kitchen into the dining room, the wall on the kitchen side showed sun bleaching and a dark spot where a wash tub had hung. I also have a photo from 1926-1927 showing the front finished with the second story on already.
    We know that the property was purchased in 1906, as a wedding gift...for my Grandmother. And the photo has my Dad as a young one, in front of the house.
    Haha, I have seen its picture on a 1939 aerial view. All the new satellite pictures are going to be harder to see it because we had our bright red roof replaced last week

That's really cool that it's been in your family all along and has grown as they grew. On the first floor of our house we have a weird room in the back off of our living room, it's long and narrow, some is a half bath and the other part we use as our informal eating area. I wasn't sure if it had been a porch ontop of the porch we have outside the basement. Our next door neighbor's is closed in the same as ours so I thought it may have always been closed in, but the lady who lived here until the 80s told me her dad did infact close in an open porch when her grandmother came to live with them.

We live about a mile from my parents, their road hand a greenhouse business on it and a bunch of the same family lived there in different houses (their house wasn't built until the mid 50s but it was owned by one of the members of the family), as I was looking through the old maps I saw the houses around theirs and in the 1900 census I happened to see the family who lived on their road listed. It was neat seeing the old woman who had lived next door to us when I was really young listed on the census as a 1 year old.

I think that the best way of showing your disdain for a thread is to keep posting in that thread. Also, mention how dumb it is and how many pages it has accumulated.

Last week on Monday, I had to go into the office to get a new laptop. This was only my third time in the office since late February 2020. I went in on the train because I didn't want to have to fight traffic and pay for a parking spot. Within a few minutes of leaving the station the train came to a stop. The train had hit someone and they had to do an investigation. We were in the middle of nowhere and they did not open the doors to let us leave. I got on the train at 510 AM and arrived in Seattle at around 815 AM. The IT lady was coughing a bunch and kept telling me it was allergies. Sure. I was in her office for about an hour getting my computer set up. There was only one other person in the office that day and he sits a long way from where my cubicle is. On Saturday an email went out saying someone who was last in the office tested positive for covid. He said since it had been 3 days since they were last in the office they would not need to clean the office. I saw this email on Monday. I emailed him back and asked that since I hadn't been personally notified can I assume I wasn't exposed to this person. He emailed back and said due to HIPPA they don't contact trace. I scheduled a covid test and could only get one during work hours. I was told by HR that they would not give me admin leave to get tested and I would have to use my own leave. Such BS. I am seriously considering a career change after this.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    I think that the best way of showing your disdain for a thread is to keep posting in that thread. Also, mention how dumb it is and how many pages it has accumulated.
    Honestly, I have been enjoying these guys complaining about it whilst at the same time making the damn thing stay at the top. Mind blowing. Let it whither on the vine? Hell no! Lets make it front and center while we complain that it is front and center. Pure awesome-ness in a way that only the Foo can appreciate.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Last week on Monday, I had to go into the office to get a new laptop. This was only my third time in the office since late February 2020. I went in on the train because I didn't want to have to fight traffic and pay for a parking spot. Within a few minutes of leaving the station the train came to a stop. The train had hit someone and they had to do an investigation. We were in the middle of nowhere and they did not open the doors to let us leave. I got on the train at 510 AM and arrived in Seattle at around 815 AM. The IT lady was coughing a bunch and kept telling me it was allergies. Sure. I was in her office for about an hour getting my computer set up. There was only one other person in the office that day and he sits a long way from where my cubicle is. On Saturday an email went out saying someone who was last in the office tested positive for covid. He said since it had been 3 days since they were last in the office they would not need to clean the office. I saw this email on Monday. I emailed him back and asked that since I hadn't been personally notified can I assume I wasn't exposed to this person. He emailed back and said due to HIPPA they don't contact trace. I scheduled a covid test and could only get one during work hours. I was told by HR that they would not give me admin leave to get tested and I would have to use my own leave. Such BS. I am seriously considering a career change after this.
    HIPPA does not keep them from contact tracing. Total BS
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Also, what’s with all the one star threads on the mbb forum?
    I don’t know who’s doing it but I sure have a pretty good guess.

So petty.

Ugh, I'm sorry to hear that. Most of the schools here aren't doing contact tracing or requiring quarantines. They say because masks are required that they don't have to notify of possible exposure. Obviously they're not taking lunch period into account when everyone is unmasked. That was a big reason we once again are doing online. I can't wait to have the boys vaccinated, we're undecided if we'll send them back right after they get the vaccine (since 3 yo still isn't eligible). Luckily the numbers aren't high within the schools even though our county numbers have gone way up, but it still seems like they should let parents know if their kid ate lunch next to a kid who tested positive.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Honestly, I have been enjoying these guys complaining about it whilst at the same time making the damn thing stay at the top. Mind blowing. Let it whither on the vine? Hell no! Lets make it front and center while we complain that it is front and center. Pure awesome-ness in a way that only the Foo can appreciate.
    It has brought me great joy also
    Bring back the OCC

HIPPA does not keep them from contact tracing. Total BS
    I agree with that

Ugh, I'm sorry to hear that. Most of the schools here aren't doing contact tracing or requiring quarantines. They say because masks are required that they don't have to notify of possible exposure. Obviously they're not taking lunch period into account when everyone is unmasked. That was a big reason we once again are doing online. I can't wait to have the boys vaccinated, we're undecided if we'll send them back right after they get the vaccine (since 3 yo still isn't eligible). Luckily the numbers aren't high within the schools even though our county numbers have gone way up, but it still seems like they should let parents know if their kid ate lunch next to a kid who tested positive.
    Wow, that's not good. My wife works at a school here locally and they contact trace and call the parents of the kids within 6 feet of the person who tested positive. They have the kids quarantine if they are unvaccinated, but they can come back if they are vaccinated and have no symptoms. I'm so glad that my daughter is 13 and was able to get vaccinated. She got it on the very first day she was eligible.
    Bring back the OCC

I agree with that

Wow, that's not good. My wife works at a school here locally and they contact trace and call the parents of the kids within 6 feet of the person who tested positive. They have the kids quarantine if they are unvaccinated, but they can come back if they are vaccinated and have no symptoms. I'm so glad that my daughter is 13 and was able to get vaccinated. She got it on the very first day she was eligible.
    Our elementaries only go through grade 5 now, so it's really only teachers and staff who are eligible in those. I just feel like them dropping tracing and possibly quarantine really has a potential for a very bad outcome even though I'm very glad they kept the masking requirements.

Oh and in other news, the aviary in our city is missing a Sea Eagle. As if things haven't been crazy enough, we're now looking toward the sky to make sure a 2' eagle with a 6' wing span doesn't come dive bombing as we walk to our cars

Can a rookie forum moderator ban 3-5 posters, because he finds their posts to be mildly irritating?

Asking for a friend...
    Last edited by Martin Centre Mad Man; 09-30-2021 at 02:20 AM.
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

Oh and in other news, the aviary in our city is missing a Sea Eagle. As if things haven't been crazy enough, we're now looking toward the sky to make sure a 2' eagle with a 6' wing span doesn't come dive bombing as we walk to our cars
    In a strange coincidence, Seattle seems to be missing a Seahawk as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Can a rookie forum moderator ban 3-5 posters, because he finds their posts to be mildly irritating?

Asking for a friend...
    There's a new sheriff in town. The sooner they realize that, the better for all.
    Maybe start with a private message (unless I'm one of them. Then just let sleeping dogs lie). LOL

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    There's a new sheriff in town. The sooner they realize that, the better for all.
    Maybe start with a private message (unless I'm one of them. Then just let sleeping dogs lie). LOL