Page 256 of 262 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,400 of 6536

Thread: If you think it, post it

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Glad to read your hand healed up. I'm slated to play golf with a Zag classmate (from Boise) on the 14th and 15th. Will be my first rounds of 2020. I enjoy the company more than the game any more, but as long as I make a putt or two or reach a few greens in regulation, I'll continue to play. I'm not quite ready for the "gold" or senior tee boxes but I know that day is approaching. My game was never the same after I shattered my arm and elbow in a fall from a ladder in 2007.

So it goes.
    Played 9 on Friday with my 10 year old. I shot 42 and managed to beat him by a shot!

Glad to hear you’ll be getting out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Played 9 on Friday with my 10 year old. I shot 42 and managed to beat him by a shot!

I bought my daughter some clubs today at Dicks. We have hit a few wifle balls in the backyard so far. I can't wait to take her golfing with me.
    Bring back the OCC

Your kid would destroy me. I wish I could say my poor golfing was due to drinking while we played, but sadly that's never been the cause... maybe I should give it a go, nowhere to go but up

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    Your kid would destroy me. I wish I could say my poor golfing was due to drinking while we played, but sadly that's never been the cause... maybe I should give it a go, nowhere to go but up
    Funny thing, but true.
    When I was a single digit handicap, I played in men's leagues, tournaments etc. I was so intense one teammate told me I had white knuckles gripping the club. I didn't often win because I rarely played to my handicap during competitions.
    When I moved to Spokane, I joined the Men's club at Indian Canyon, eventually spending a season as club president. I started enjoying a few beers while I played. My handicap rose to a 15, or so, and I started placing in the money of all the tournaments. Never any really big prizes, but I was able to get a cart every time, payed out of my winnings. Got a set of clubs, some clothes, new shoes...and I was having fun.

I had forgotten that golf is supposed to be fun. Doing well is great, but not at the expense of relaxing and enjoying it. Score doesn't really matter. It is all in that one (or more) good shot that keeps us coming back.
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I bought my daughter some clubs today at Dicks. We have hit a few wifle balls in the backyard so far. I can't wait to take her golfing with me.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Excellent. I hope she enjoys it. It will be an activity you two can share for the rest of your lives!

My dream is to have a foursome of me and my three sons. Its not looking good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post

My 10 year old was blessed with very good hand/eye coordination from a very young age. He was playing at age 5. When/If he ever decides to practice, at all, especially his short game, I'm toast. I won't get withing 10 shots of him in an 18 hole round. He hardly ever misses a full swing shot and they all go straight. Now that he's filling out a little bit in size, his shots are starting to also go a bit farther also.

His 2 older brothers have little to no interest in the game that I love and have been playing for more than 25 years.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I had forgotten that golf is supposed to be fun. Doing well is great, but not at the expense of relaxing and enjoying it. Score doesn't really matter. It is all in that one (or more) good shot that keeps us coming back.
    I say that every time I hit a good shot, typically once per round

For me to hit the fairway... I have to face the fairway. Which is exactly WHY I don't play golf.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    For me to hit the fairway... I have to face the fairway. Which is exactly WHY I don't play golf.
    I've seen some nasty slices, but you might be in the lead!! I could help you fix it though

By the way, I don't want to revisit that thread, but I should have said barbecue and beer. My apologies.

I've seen some nasty slices, but you might be in the lead!! I could help you fix it though

By the way, I don't want to revisit that thread, but I should have said barbecue and beer. My apologies.
    I am sure it can be fixed... but I have been uber-busy. My son plays quite well, was on varisty for his HS team. I am thinking I should see if I can get it straightened out so I can hit the links with him
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    I am sure it can be fixed... but I have been uber-busy. My son plays quite well, was on varisty for his HS team. I am thinking I should see if I can get it straightened out so I can hit the links with him
    Rotator Cuff Surgery!! I had a buddy who had a reliable slice. He would aim 40 yards left of the middle of the fairway and hit the middle every hole! He had surgery and was hitting nothing but draws. Damn if he didn't figure out that ball flight to hit the middle of the fairway also!

A few lessons with your local pro would do the trick if you don't want to go under the knife!

Rotator Cuff Surgery!! I had a buddy who had a reliable slice. He would aim 40 yards left of the middle of the fairway and hit the middle every hole! He had surgery and was hitting nothing but draws. Damn if he didn't figure out that ball flight to hit the middle of the fairway also!

A few lessons with your local pro would do the trick if you don't want to go under the knife!

My friends and I used to joke that some day we'd build a golf course, around two lakes. Both front and back nine go clockwise around the lake, so every hole is a dog-leg right. It would be the perfect golf course for us.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    My friends and I used to joke that some day we'd build a golf course, around two lakes. Both front and back nine go clockwise around the lake, so every hole is a dog-leg right. It would be the perfect golf course for us.
    Ha!

Update, my 10 year old and I played 18 yesterday afternoon. He shot 39 on the front nine, first time every breaking 40 and 91 for 18, about 7 shots better than he has ever scored for 18. I'm 50 years old and I've been playing golf for more than 25 years. I think I've broken 40 maybe 5 times for 9 holes, this kid did it before his 11th birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    You would certainly miss out on the left-handed golfer market.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Ha!

Update, my 10 year old and I played 18 yesterday afternoon. He shot 39 on the front nine, first time every breaking 40 and 91 for 18, about 7 shots better than he has ever scored for 18. I'm 50 years old and I've been playing golf for more than 25 years. I think I've broken 40 maybe 5 times for 9 holes, this kid did it before his 11th birthday!
    That's awesome!
    Bring back the OCC

We're trying to tackle cleaning up our basement. We don't have a garage so even the family room got turned into a storage area when we bought the kayaks. We're hoping we can get rid of enough things and find better storage solutions for enough of the other things that we can build a kayak rack in the unfinished part of the basement. We're off to a decent start, hopefully tomorrow we can clear the narrow walkway where we want to build the rack in. I wish we would have bought a house with a garage...

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    You would certainly miss out on the left-handed golfer market.
    True!

And, to give you a fancy fact, there are far far more left handed golfers in Canada.

The reason - as we figure it - is many kids there grow up playing hockey, and with a hockey stick there is less direct relationship between which hand you use high or low, but once you start, you're going to use the same hands when you grab as baseball bat, or later in life as a golfer. Go into any golf shop in Canada and you'll be asking yourself "What are all these left handed clubs doing here ???"

Just a little thing we've noticed on the many great trips to the true North strong and free.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    True!

And, to give you a fancy fact, there are far far more left handed golfers in Canada.

The reason - as we figure it - is many kids there grow up playing hockey, and with a hockey stick there is less direct relationship between which hand you use high or low, but once you start, you're going to use the same hands when you grab as baseball bat, or later in life as a golfer. Go into any golf shop in Canada and you'll be asking yourself "What are all these left handed clubs doing here ???"

Just a little thing we've noticed on the many great trips to the true North strong and free.
    They think with a different side of their brains up there...eh!
    It's not funny.

I have lots of friends on this board, most of whom are absolutely on the far end of the political spectrum from me. I choose to have love and respect for them anyway because I know that politics is 5% or less of our true values in life. I choose to respect that 5%, but focus on the 95% of values we truly do share.

I have lots of friends on this board, most of whom are absolutely on the far end of the political spectrum from me. I choose to have love and respect for them anyway because I know that politics is 5% or less of our true values in life. I choose to respect that 5%, but focus on the 95% of values we truly do share.

It's funny how both sides of the spectrum think the other side has moved to be so much more extreme than they'd previously been. Both sides are correct, both sides have gotten more extreme, neither side thinks they have done it, too.

It is bc we all get media we want to hear and nothing else now. Started w/ Repub talk radio in 80s and now embedded w/ both sides. Without changes will only get worse, and that's a problem.

You are right about seeking out the 95%.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    It's funny how both sides of the spectrum think the other side has moved to be so much more extreme than they'd previously been. Both sides are correct, both sides have gotten more extreme, neither side thinks they have done it, too.

It is bc we all get media we want to hear and nothing else now. Started w/ Repub talk radio in 80s and now embedded w/ both sides. Without changes will only get worse, and that's a problem.

You are right about seeking out the 95%.
    Is this the same account as Dixie Zag?
    Bring back the OCC

Is this the same account as Dixie Zag?
    No. Dixie Zag is no more. This is his evil twin.
    It's not funny.

Someone said that Caldwell should not share fishing stories in the Nembhard thread, and I have one so I'll share it here.
    This is a true story.

Years ago, probably '85 or so. I was fishing the Bitterroot, just north of Hamilton. It was August but before water levels dropped too much. My favorite time to fish, wearing a pair of old tennies with most of the parts cut away for quick water drainage, shorts and a cowboy shirt (for the snap pockets). I could carry flies, tippet floatation and my license with just that. Fishing barbless and catch and release.

Lots of decent sized fish, as I worked my way upstream to where I was parked. I came upon a logjam, near the bank on the west side, with a nice looking pool 12-15 feet across. I was only knee deep and flicked a fly out into that pool, a very short cast.

What came up scared me enough that I jumped straight back out of the water. The roll seemed to take over a second and that fish looked to be 2" across the back. I know, from fishing with my Dad, that sometimes a rogue will make 30" or more. This one had to be at least that big.
    It didn't take my fly and I could never get it back up.

That's MY fish story, and really, it's true.
    It's not funny.