Page 276 of 276 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276
Results 6,876 to 6,889 of 6889

Thread: If you think it, post it

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I blew it. My sister-in-law asked if we wanted to go to the trans-siberian orchestra the day after thanksgiving. Without even thinking I said sure. It's the exact same time as the Duke Gonzaga game. No wonder the tickets were a good deal. How many years have I been watching Gonzaga and I still haven't figured out to look at the schedule before I commit to stuff?
    Can’t you just ask her to record it on her phone and share it with you in the morning?
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

Anyone else avoiding sleeping because you just have to get up to go to an awful job in the morning?
    ...and there definitely is no such thing as Prince Charming.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Can’t you just ask her to record it on her phone and share it with you in the morning?
    I should have done that. I did have espn app on my phone and was able to sneak away and watch quite a bit of the game.
    Bring back the OCC

We're used to GU winning November/December and coming up short in March/April. I'd be willing to see that trend reversed.

Team needs to peak in March, not December.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    We're used to GU winning November/December and coming up short in March/April. I'd be willing to see that trend reversed.

Team needs to peak in March, not December.
    I’m with you on that. I don’t understand all of the apocalyptic drama on this board after the team loses a game in December. These games are great learning opportunities for a young team. I’m glad that great teams want to play Gonzaga.
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

Went for a walk at lunch today. I saw a crow basically dive bomb the road. Then circle back up and dive bomb the road again. It just kept doing it. As I got closer I figured out it was dropping a nut on the road to try and crack it open. Crows are pretty damn smart.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroop22 View Post
    Went for a walk at lunch today. I saw a crow basically dive bomb the road. Then circle back up and dive bomb the road again. It just kept doing it. As I got closer I figured out it was dropping a nut on the road to try and crack it open. Crows are pretty damn smart.

I've heard they'll bring you things, friends have left shiny things out for them and they'll replace it with something they find somewhere else. I have not tried this on my own because I get enough random things to pick up from passing motorists lol.

Had to change a battery on my wife's car. Wtf these new cars just bury the battery. No joke I had to remove the windshield wiper arms, two plastic cowlings, and brake fluid reservoir just to get to the battery.

You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Had to change a battery on my wife's car. Wtf these new cars just bury the battery. No joke I had to remove the windshield wiper arms, two plastic cowlings, and brake fluid reservoir just to get to the battery.

I needed to access my battery on my new truck to run an inverter when I was camping. It was a pain in the ass to even find the terminals. I had to go to the manual to figure it out, which led me to taking off a plastic cover on the engine. the battery still did not appear, but they had a positive post under the cover I could connect to.
    Bring back the OCC

On a road near my house crows drop nuts on the road to break them open. It's annoying because sometimes they hit your vehicle when you're driving on that road.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    On a road near my house crows drop nuts on the road to break them open. It's annoying because sometimes they hit your vehicle when you're driving on that road.
    Do you exclaim....Awww, nuts!
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

It's been snowing like crazy in the mountains in Washington. 410, the road to Crystal was closed yesterday. I went up there this morning and you could see what seemed like hundreds of trees that were cleaned up off the road. The upper mountain was closed since they had gotten all that snow and no one had done avalanche control in a few days. Even the lift up to the mid-mountain, forest queen was closed. It was running and they were clearing off the seats so I took a chance and waited in line for the lift even though they told us they couldn't give us an estimate of when it would open. My patience paid off as I only waited about 10 minutes before they started loading the lift. I was probably on the 15th chair. On the way up, you could see the snow was untouched. I was excited as I haven't really experienced fresh snow like that before. It was initially groomed, but I took the turn toward the run under the lift and was immediately in deep, heavy snow. The snow grabbed my ski right off my boot when I tried to turn. Unfortunately, I kept going on one ski for 20 feet or so. I had to slowly work my way back up in waist-deep snow. I got back on my skis and decided I shouldn't do much turning. I managed to get up to the top of a steep hill. After the steep hill is a flat spot and I didn't want to get stuck in there and have to walk. So I took off straight down the steep hill. That deep snow grabbed my skis and wiped me out a couple times. I'm sure I provided a good laugh to the people on the lift. There was one set of tracks on the hill from a much better skier than me and I got in those and was able to get enough speed in those tracks to get through the flat spot. I was huffing and puffing by this point and decided to lay down in the snow and enjoy my pocket beer. After my beer I made it down the rest of the run with no more issues as I kind of figured out how to deal with that heavy deep snow.

When I got back to the lift line, I went to check my phone. No phone in my pocket. Oh ####. I really didn't want to do that run again as it wore me out the first time and I really didn't think there was any chance of finding my phone in that deep snow. I had it when I stopped to have my beer though so at least that eliminated the top half were I fell so much. I decided to go down slowly from that point and see if my watch would connect with my phone. I never connected and did not find my phone. Cell service was down on the mountain so I really felt like I had no chance of finding it. I did a couple more runs and then had to leave so I could make it to my daughter's wrestling match. Had I had my phone I would have received the text that her match was cancelled due to the other team having covid. I drove down the mountain and in Enumclaw I stopped in a Verizon to see what my options were. I had done a trade in to get my phone and still had 14 months of payments left. He told me I would have to pay $699 for the remainder of the phone and then pay full price for a new one. The trade-in brought the price of my phone down to $500 so I was a little surprised to find that I would have to pay $200 more after making 10 months of payments. Guy told me you don't get the trade in credit anymore if you pay off the phone early. What a bunch of bull. Lesson learned, don't trade in a phone to Verizon. I will sell my phone in the future. He didn't have the phone I wanted in stock so I told him I would look elsewhere rather than order one there. I went home and was able to text my wife and daughter with my watch connected to wifi. My daughter says, dad your phone is at the lodge. I said yeah that would be nice. She said no, it's at the lodge. I realized she was looking at find my phone and could see it there. I looked on my wife's iPad and sure enough it was at the lodge. I waited for my daughter to get home from school and took her phone and headed back up the mountain. My phone was at lost and found. I couldn't believe it. Cell service was still down, but my phone had connected to wifi at the lodge.

A very frustrating day had a happy ending. I got so lucky and I wish I knew who turned in my phone so I could thank them.
    Bring back the OCC

That is a crazy lucky story.

When in deep powder I used ‘powder cords’, essentially 6-10 foot long strands of thin, nylon engineer tape, tied to my bindings. That way I could more easily find a ski if it popped off in deep powder. I would coil it up under my ski pants and it would stream out if the ski ejected.

I had a few experiences trying to help friends find skis in 3 or 4 foot deep powder. Some never found their ski until the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    That is a crazy lucky story.

When in deep powder I used ‘powder cords’, essentially 6-10 foot long strands of thin, nylon engineer tape, tied to my bindings. That way I could more easily find a ski if it popped off in deep powder. I would coil it up under my ski pants and it would stream out if the ski ejected.

I had a few experiences trying to help friends find skis in 3 or 4 foot deep powder. Some never found their ski until the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    wow, that's a good idea. Would be terrible to lose a ski for the season.
    Bring back the OCC