Page 240 of 263 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250 ... LastLast
Results 5,976 to 6,000 of 6570

Thread: If you think it, post it

Heading home from work in about five minutes. . .can't wait to see FDU go down like a submarine

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Thanks!

I'm taking my youngest boy tonight. If we win, I'm taking my middle boy on Saturday.

I'll post pics!
    that's awesome!
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    that's awesome!
    This is Jarrod Davis, who by chance had the seats next to my son and I at the game last night. Jarrod was a stud for Gonzaga basketball when I was a student (we both were 92 grads). He put up over a 1000 points in 2 years and was at the forefront of when Gonzaga started to get good. First team to ever win 20 games in a season for GU!! A really nice dude, to boot.

My son and I at the game.

My wife told me I looked like Gonzaga threw up on me!

I should say a big shout out to Angelo Roncalli who was at the game and seated right in front of us. See you on Saturday, Pontif!!

Great Pics! glad you had a good time and got to meet some good Zags!
    Bring back the OCC

Cool Pics. great seats

How would describe Zag support.... Medium? High?

Didn't get a good feel on TV with sound or crowd reaction shots

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Cool Pics. great seats

How would describe Zag support.... Medium? High?

Didn't get a good feel on TV with sound or crowd reaction shots
    Lots of Zag fans, but we weren’t raucous as a crowd. I suspect the noise levels/enthusiasm will go way up on Saturday.

Ive been lucky the last two times Gonzaga has been in SLC getting tickets from good friends who are significant boosters for Gonzaga.

I only I knew how to count in Binary, I wouldn't have to bump it off the first page.
    So many brackets, so little time.

Lots of Zag fans, but we weren’t raucous as a crowd. I suspect the noise levels/enthusiasm will go way up on Saturday.

Ive been lucky the last two times Gonzaga has been in SLC getting tickets from good friends who are significant boosters for Gonzaga.
    We definitely had a more raucous and entertaining crowd last night. There was a pretty big Gonzaga crowd so a lot of us got demoted from the great seats we had on Thursday to the upper section on Saturday. Coincidentally we were right next to the Jarrod Davis clan again, which was a treat for me. I ended up vouching for Jarrod to his oldest son who I was told didn’t think his Dad was such a great player! ��

Chicago....dirty dirty city.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Chicago....dirty dirty city.
    Sadly nothing new. Goes way way way way back being a dirty city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
    "Make it yourself"
    "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
    "Okay"

35 days and a wake up. . .DWTM !!

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Don't go to the MBB...Don't go to the MBB...Don't go to the MBB...Don't go to the MBB...Don't go to the MBB...Don't go to the MBB...Don't go to the MBB...Don't go to the MBB...Don't go to the MBB...Don't go to the MBB...Don't go to the MBB...Don't go to the MBB...
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
    Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

I hate sports announcers!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

I think MCMM's Ballo post in the MMB knocked off five years of lifespan for a good number of posters, at least those that that didn't actually jump when they saw it. Well done.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I think the MBB has descended to a level of madness that even I couldn't have comprehended. Spy molted, obviously. How is it not obvious to everyone we have a double poster?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I think the MBB has descended to a level of madness that even I couldn't have comprehended. Spy molted, obviously. How is it not obvious to everyone we have a double poster?
    I've got a request into the mods to moderate the situation. I hope they do so.

Entitlement irony. This cute little run was started with a loss in the Elite 8. Now the sky is falling because of a loss in the Elite 8.

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I think MCMM's Ballo post in the MMB knocked off five years of lifespan for a good number of posters, at least those that that didn't actually jump when they saw it. Well done.
    I personally did not find it funny. Not because I am freaked out about someone decommitting, but because I don't think it is good to make a joke out of a young kid. I hope no one in his family saw that and called him asking him what was going on.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Pretty sure LadyZag is CoachCrazy come back to life. If "she" is posting from Utah, then that would confirm it for me.

A buddy of mine's wife texted me that we should watch the elite eight game together. I said sure, thinking she meant at a bar or one of our homes. I got a text a few minutes later that said something like, OK, buddy has a ticket to Anaheim and a hotel room. I was like crap. I really wanted to go. I looked at Alaska and was able to use miles to get down to Anaheim. He offered to pay for the hotel so all I really needed to do was buy the ticket. I had lost my shirt on the tickets I bought in San Jose (paid $900 and sold for $470) so I was still hurting from that. He found good seats for $220 each, more than I wanted to spend, but I wasn't going to let this trip go for the tickets being a little more than I wanted to spend.

On the flight down I was upgraded to first class. I had never sat in first class with Alaska and it was super nice. I think I'm going to have to do that again. My seat reclined all the way and my foot rest came up to making the seat practically into a bed. I got the oatmeal and it was the best oatmeal I have ever eaten. It had fresh coconut and almonds on it with the perfect amount of sweet cream. The fresh fruit was also incredible. The trip was off to a good start.

I met up with my buddy after his plane arrived. We dropped our bags at the hotel and hit the Gonzaga pregame party at JT Schmid's across the street from the arena. They had a huge outdoor patio and it was a beautiful day. There were tons of Zag fans there. I had a couple of $14 beers.

We got to the arena and sat next to two super nice families. One family was a local, neutral group who were very excited to be watching two great basketball teams. The other family was a dad, mom, and daughter. Their son had gone to Gonzaga and they just happened to be in town looking at schools for their daughter so they came to the game decked out in Gonzaga gear. Beers were $17.50 here (Good lord!). Usually when I have gone to games at neutral sites the Gonzaga fans are way louder than the opposing fans. Texas Tech traveled well. They were just as loud and into the game as the Gonzaga fans. Most years when games are this close I just feel like it's not going to end the way I want. I don't feel that way with this year's team. I should have been more tense, but I was just sure Gonzaga was going to win. It was hard to tell what happened at the end with Josh. I thought he had forced a turnover until the technical foul was called. Texas Tech fans were about the nicest fans I have encountered. I spoke with a few at halftime and there was a lot of mutual respect and nobody was rude to me or Gonzaga fans in general while leaving the game.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    A buddy of mine's wife texted me that we should watch the elite eight game together. I said sure, thinking she meant at a bar or one of our homes. I got a text a few minutes later that said something like, OK, buddy has a ticket to Anaheim and a hotel room. I was like crap. I really wanted to go. I looked at Alaska and was able to use miles to get down to Anaheim. He offered to pay for the hotel so all I really needed to do was buy the ticket. I had lost my shirt on the tickets I bought in San Jose (paid $900 and sold for $470) so I was still hurting from that. He found good seats for $220 each, more than I wanted to spend, but I wasn't going to let this trip go for the tickets being a little more than I wanted to spend.

On the flight down I was upgraded to first class. I had never sat in first class with Alaska and it was super nice. I think I'm going to have to do that again. My seat reclined all the way and my foot rest came up to making the seat practically into a bed. I got the oatmeal and it was the best oatmeal I have ever eaten. It had fresh coconut and almonds on it with the perfect amount of sweet cream. The fresh fruit was also incredible. The trip was off to a good start.

I met up with my buddy after his plane arrived. We dropped our bags at the hotel and hit the Gonzaga pregame party at JT Schmid's across the street from the arena. They had a huge outdoor patio and it was a beautiful day. There were tons of Zag fans there. I had a couple of $14 beers.

We got to the arena and sat next to two super nice families. One family was a local, neutral group who were very excited to be watching two great basketball teams. The other family was a dad, mom, and daughter. Their son had gone to Gonzaga and they just happened to be in town looking at schools for their daughter so they came to the game decked out in Gonzaga gear. Beers were $17.50 here (Good lord!). Usually when I have gone to games at neutral sites the Gonzaga fans are way louder than the opposing fans. Texas Tech traveled well. They were just as loud and into the game as the Gonzaga fans. Most years when games are this close I just feel like it's not going to end the way I want. I don't feel that way with this year's team. I should have been more tense, but I was just sure Gonzaga was going to win. It was hard to tell what happened at the end with Josh. I thought he had forced a turnover until the technical foul was called. Texas Tech fans were about the nicest fans I have encountered. I spoke with a few at halftime and there was a lot of mutual respect and nobody was rude to me or Gonzaga fans in general while leaving the game.
    Except for the game result, that is an awesome story. Congrats on having such a excellent time!

Pretty sure LadyZag is CoachCrazy come back to life. If "she" is posting from Utah, then that would confirm it for me.
    She isn't. . .

I never really expected to be UCLA's next coach, but it was nice to have the board's support, back when I did.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

For the last few weeks I have been #####ing at work about how free throws should be automatic. I have said anything less than 80% is unacceptable. A younger co worker bet me I couldn't make 5 out of 10. I said I have $20 that says I can. He said I would have to go 8 for 10 for $20. So i said sure. Well this somewhat fat out of shape 38 year old hit 9 out 10 free throws and am currently $20 richer.

You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroop22 View Post
    For the last few weeks I have been #####ing at work about how free throws should be automatic. I have said anything less than 80% is unacceptable. A younger co worker bet me I couldn't make 5 out of 10. I said I have $20 that says I can. He said I would have to go 8 for 10 for $20. So i said sure. Well this somewhat fat out of shape 38 year old hit 9 out 10 free throws and am currently $20 richer.

Congrats!

I don't think I can do more than 3 out of 10 or 2 out of 10