Page 260 of 262 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262 LastLast
Results 6,476 to 6,500 of 6544

Thread: If you think it, post it

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    I'm so glad my oldest picked percussion for school band. I know, it sounds like that would be the loudest instrument, but it's not, and there's no tuning or squawking as he's trying to figure it out.
    The bell kit doesn't sound bad even when he hits the wrong notes. He's picked out some of the Harry Potter theme on his own just playing around.
    My daughter was sort of ... pushed toward percussion by the teachers bc she just couldn't get the wind instruments going, but had very good rhythm. We worried bc it's loud and snare drums and xylophones are expensive, but we got those pads to put on the drums to practice and they're perfect, she can pound away and we barely hear them.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    My daughter was sort of ... pushed toward percussion by the teachers bc she just couldn't get the wind instruments going, but had very good rhythm. We worried bc it's loud and snare drums and xylophones are expensive, but we got those pads to put on the drums to practice and they're perfect, she can pound away and we barely hear them.
    That happened to my daughter too. She was playing clarinet, but the band teacher needed more percussion and asked her to switch. She will be doing percussion for band again this fall remotely by zoom.
    Bring back the OCC

Hope y'all had a fine summer.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Hope y'all had a fine summer.
    Only 2 more months!

Actually, by October 1st temps usually go below 88 per day, and it's only mid to end Nov that we're 60s.

Sorry for the jackass response, but it's 95 outside and I'm sweating inside.

As far as "summer" went, let's just say it could have been much much worse.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I’ve been an active golfer for 26 years. I’m not a great player, but I consider myself ok. It’s been my goal to break 80 for at least the last 20 years, but I have never done it having shot an 80 once 20 years ago(missed a 10 foot putt for a 79) and a slew of 81’s, 82’s, 83’s etc.

Covid has increased the amount of golf I’ve been playing. I get outside, socially distancing doing something I enjoy. Played hooky today and went to my local municipal course. Through 16 holes I was 7 over, so I needed pars on 17 and 18, difficult but doable.

As I’m walking to the 17th tee, a dude approaches me coming off the 12th hole complaining how slow the play is and can he and his buddies join and just pay the last 2 holes with me. Caught off guard I said sure.

On the 17th tee, Pat 3, of course these dudes are talking as I set up to hit my shot, expecting them to stop after waiting longer than average to hit, I go ahead with my swing and of course they continue to talk. Yank my tee shot left of the green, short siding myself. In anger I hit a ####ty chip shot, but manage to get a 4.

18 is probably the hardest hole on the course but I managed a par and shot 80.

����

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Iíve been an active golfer for 26 years. Iím not a great player, but I consider myself ok. Itís been my goal to break 80 for at least the last 20 years, but I have never done it having shot an 80 once 20 years ago(missed a 10 foot putt for a 79) and a slew of 81ís, 82ís, 83ís etc.

Covid has increased the amount of golf Iíve been playing. I get outside, socially distancing doing something I enjoy. Played hooky today and went to my local municipal course. Through 16 holes I was 7 over, so I needed pars on 17 and 18, difficult but doable.

As Iím walking to the 17th tee, a dude approaches me coming off the 12th hole complaining how slow the play is and can he and his buddies join and just pay the last 2 holes with me. Caught off guard I said sure.

On the 17th tee, Pat 3, of course these dudes are talking as I set up to hit my shot, expecting them to stop after waiting longer than average to hit, I go ahead with my swing and of course they continue to talk. Yank my tee shot left of the green, short siding myself. In anger I hit a ####ty chip shot, but manage to get a 4.

����
    BTW - I do realize this is a pretty ######, first world, tone deaf thing to be complaining about, but #### it this is the Foo and I should be allowed to be a spoiled brat herein.

Only 2 more months!

Actually, by October 1st temps usually go below 88 per day, and it's only mid to end Nov that we're 60s.

Sorry for the jackass response, but it's 95 outside and I'm sweating inside.

As far as "summer" went, let's just say it could have been much much worse.
    Hardly a jackass response. . .I think I had a "calendar" summer ( end of school - start of school ) in mind.

The Left Coast is going to get blowtorched over the next few days:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weath...ge%2Fstory-ans

Computer models are showing a potentially volatile scenario developing on Sunday into Monday, with a dip or trough in the jet stream diving south into Montana and Utah, leading to the formation of a strong high pressure area over Nevada. These weather systems may turn winds offshore in parts of California, which will serve to heat coastal areas up even more as the air descends from the mountains to the east. ďExpect extremely hot conditions with highs possibly reaching up to 115 degrees in the San Fernando Valley, and around 110 for the Antelope Valley,Ē the Weather Service said in a forecast discussion posted online. Forecasters noted that the current forecast for Los Angeles, which shows a high of 102 degrees on Sunday, may be too cool.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

BTW - I do realize this is a pretty ######, first world, tone deaf thing to be complaining about, but #### it this is the Foo and I should be allowed to be a spoiled brat herein.
    No, that's an absolutely righteous thing to be complaining about!!

We were at the point of discussion knowing that this didn't involve cancer or bankruptcy, drought/plague, and we were talking social norms. You complied with social norms in that most people would be okay with two holes with two guys, They couldn't manage to do the ONE golf etiquette rule everyone knows! Even people that know no golf etiquette know that rule. That's just being dicks and you have every right to complain.

I bet if you had to do it over again, you'd have said, "Okay, but I want you to know that I'm two pars from breaking my life long dream, and so I'm not going to be chatty" or something. They prolly wouldn't have cared.
    Mark Twain.

Hardly a jackass response. . .I think I had a "calendar" summer ( end of school - start of school ) in mind.

Yeah, and even that is disjointed this year. We had a tough time telling that she was "back." Even though she is.

Mississippi has a well-deserved reputation in public schooling, but we're in an area with oil, which means more revenue for district resources and just better candidates, and her little school district has been damned impressive. You know I'm just dying to pull out my "elitist cynicism" but they have held up to Spokane standards.

They have been right on every decision. They closed when the NBA closed. They were supposed to go back on Aug 8th but that was when MS was the highest concentration of cases, so they did distance learning until after labor day, they've divided the school in two pods, alternate 2-3 day weeks, she says they're strict about "every rule" and a lot of classes in the a.m. are taught outside. They even had federal meal money left over last year dedicated to food (bc they didn't buy food the last 3 months) and they were at a point where they either had to spend it or send it back, but they could ONLY spend it on food for kids. So they'd either have to buy 3 years of frozen whatevers or send it back. But instead ... they ordered up a few hundred EBT cards, put $278.50 on each one, sent one card per kid home to every family, no means testing at all, every family, with a letter: "per the government, must be spent on student food" (It's EBT anyway so it's only good for food, but they put "student" in.

I gotta tell ya, the lawyer in me was left breathless at the elegance. I can't decide which was more morally right to do, send it back or do as they did - which likely means it's a wash, but that was ...crafty!

Whole point being, we started school without almost realizing we started bc it was a Tuesday and new rules, all kinds of weird stuff. Evidently I'm more talkative than normal today.
    Mark Twain.

I’ve been an active golfer for 26 years. I’m not a great player, but I consider myself ok. It’s been my goal to break 80 for at least the last 20 years, but I have never done it having shot an 80 once 20 years ago(missed a 10 foot putt for a 79) and a slew of 81’s, 82’s, 83’s etc.

Covid has increased the amount of golf I’ve been playing. I get outside, socially distancing doing something I enjoy. Played hooky today and went to my local municipal course. Through 16 holes I was 7 over, so I needed pars on 17 and 18, difficult but doable.

As I’m walking to the 17th tee, a dude approaches me coming off the 12th hole complaining how slow the play is and can he and his buddies join and just pay the last 2 holes with me. Caught off guard I said sure.

����
    Congrats on the 80. I feel your pain. I am angry sitting here reading your story. Good job on not unloading on those morons.
    Bring back the OCC

Looks like I picked a great weekend to go to Reno. I am going to see my nephew. He was born in April and I have resisted going until now. My sister has diabetes and I really don't want to kill her. I got a campsite near her home so I don't have to stay with her and so I won't pick up covid at a hotel from a drunk gambler. We are going to only hang out in her back yard from a social distance and I'm going to wear a mask when I hold the baby.
    Bring back the OCC

My neighbor and his wife leave for work at the same time every day and get home at the same time every day. They drive in separate cars. I often wonder if they work at the same job and the same shift, but drive separately to work. I think they are really into their cars. The guy is out washing the cars 3 or 4 times a week and they always have fast or luxury cars. Right now they are driving an M3 and Cadillac cts-v, but they also have an escalade and an S2000. I talked to him when he moved in a little over a year ago and he asked me if I was into cars. I said I used to be, but now that we are so busy with our daughter it's kind of low priority. He then said, well, I got to get back to washing my car and that was the last time I talked to him.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    Looks like I picked a great weekend to go to Reno. I am going to see my nephew. He was born in April and I have resisted going until now. My sister has diabetes and I really don't want to kill her. I got a campsite near her home so I don't have to stay with her and so I won't pick up covid at a hotel from a drunk gambler. We are going to only hang out in her back yard from a social distance and I'm going to wear a mask when I hold the baby.
    Safe travels, 03.

My neighbor and his wife leave for work at the same time every day and get home at the same time every day. They drive in separate cars. I often wonder if they work at the same job and the same shift, but drive separately to work. I think they are really into their cars. The guy is out washing the cars 3 or 4 times a week and they always have fast or luxury cars. Right now they are driving an M3 and Cadillac cts-v, but they also have an escalade and an S2000. I talked to him when he moved in a little over a year ago and he asked me if I was into cars. I said I used to be, but now that we are so busy with our daughter it's kind of low priority. He then said, well, I got to get back to washing my car and that was the last time I talked to him.
    Maybe they don't like each other's music

Have a great trip to meet your new nephew!

Husband has been doing work meetings without the zoom video feature on. The other day one of his co-workers insisted everyone had the video on during the meeting so he complied. I haven't given him or any of the boys a haircut since the week before quarantine (we were supposed to get family photos done the weekend everything shut down). The same co-worker who wanted the video on remarked that husband's hair was almost as long as our daughter's hair (middle son walked behind husband briefly during the meeting). He let them know we don't have a daughter lol.

Husband has been doing work meetings without the zoom video feature on. The other day one of his co-workers insisted everyone had the video on during the meeting so he complied. I haven't given him or any of the boys a haircut since the week before quarantine (we were supposed to get family photos done the weekend everything shut down). The same co-worker who wanted the video on remarked that husband's hair was almost as long as our daughter's hair (middle son walked behind husband briefly during the meeting). He let them know we don't have a daughter lol.
    LMFAO
    Bring back the OCC

I had been growing my hair out before this started and now my hair is at about my armpits. I don't see any reason to go into to get it cut at this point. On video, it's long enough to pull into a bun so no one can really see how long it is.
    Bring back the OCC

I could win the Powerball or be a Walton and I wouldn't sink that much money in a car(s).

When I win the powerball, I'm going to get a nice brand new Subaru Outback and that's that. Get a used truck to haul something around with. I don't "get" putting extra money into cars. I get giving oneself treats. But not that one. Maybe I'm weird.
    Mark Twain.

I had been growing my hair out before this started and now my hair is at about my armpits. I don't see any reason to go into to get it cut at this point. On video, it's long enough to pull into a bun so no one can really see how long it is.
    I cut my own hair, and no I'm not kidding. I got an electric clipper, 2 blade on the sides, layer it up to 4 blade on top, and my wife says it's better than the ones I got at the salon - bc I touch it up every week.
    Mark Twain.

I cut my own hair, and no I'm not kidding. I got an electric clipper, 2 blade on the sides, layer it up to 4 blade on top, and my wife says it's better than the ones I got at the salon - bc I touch it up every week.
    I've been cutting my husband's hair since we got married. The salons only ever wanted to use clippers on it and he'd end up looking like one of the villains from Rocky IV or V. His hair is a mix of really tight curls towards the front to waves in the back and using clippers on all of it doesn't work out well.

I try to put it in a pony tail but he yells at me to stop it lol. His hair doesn't curl when it's short so we didn't realize he had curls until he was four and we let it grow out. This picture is from a few weeks ago so it's a bit longer now. When it's really humid it gets super curly and little ringlets form.

Our youngest gets cute little curls when his hair gets long too. My Grandpap's mom never cut his hair until he went to school because he had sausage curls. I totally get it as a mom now lol, when their hair is so pretty you just want to let it grow out.

I try to put it in a pony tail but he yells at me to stop it lol. His hair doesn't curl when it's short so we didn't realize he had curls until he was four and we let it grow out. This picture is from a few weeks ago so it's a bit longer now. When it's really humid it gets super curly and little ringlets form.

Our youngest gets cute little curls when his hair gets long too. My Grandpap's mom never cut his hair until he went to school because he had sausage curls. I totally get it as a mom now lol, when their hair is so pretty you just want to let it grow out.
    You are going to have a problem in 10 years. That guy is going to get quite a bit of attention from the girls.
    Mark Twain.

You are going to have a problem in 10 years. That guy is going to get quite a bit of attention from the girls.
    LOL the last two years anytime we went to his school he was mobbed by little girls saying "Hi Stanley" as they'd smile bashfully lol. He's such a sweet kid though. It was one of the girls in his bevy's birthday and he wanted to make her a bracelet. He was very specific with what he wanted to use because of her favorite color and she got stars on it because she was the star in their Christmas play.

LOL the last two years anytime we went to his school he was mobbed by little girls saying "Hi Stanley" as they'd smile bashfully lol. He's such a sweet kid though. It was one of the girls in his bevy's birthday and he wanted to make her a bracelet. He was very specific with what he wanted to use because of her favorite color and she got stars on it because she was the star in their Christmas play.
    I don't know if he can play but he'd step on campus with All-American Zag hair.
    Mark Twain.

I think we've seen the last of the NFL exhibition games. They can step on the field and play.

Bet the owners trade 2 of the 4 pre-season games for two more regular season games (to the players union) - maybe expand the roster in the first 2-3 weeks, then make final cuts.
    Mark Twain.