Page 229 of 232 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232 LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,725 of 5786

Thread: If you think it, post it

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    His blanket criticism of other prospects by declaring that Dominick Harris is real prospect. When I questioned him, he basically confirmed that in his eyes the others GU has signed aren't.
    Aha, found it.
    Interesting thing about Jazz. For being such a provocateur, he's lightning quick to call for a censure of other posters.

Default Reminds me of Punchy De Niro

Don’t want to jinx it... but may have found a spot for my brewery
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Oh, hell yeah!
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

"The Foo is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together on one message board with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson blogged alone." JFK -4.29.62-

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    Oh, hell yeah!
    Waiting to find out about sprinklers for fire suppression. Building doesn't have them. Need to see if it is going to impact occupancy to the point that it isn't worth it. But location is great. Higher end, rent-wise, than we wanted but not to the point that it isn't doable.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Happy Fathers Day guys :-)

Thank you... and a Happy Pops Day to all my fellow Foo Dads.

Looking to plan a trip to Europe next Spring/Summer, including Berlin, Prague, Munich and Salzburg. Anyone have any advice for must-do activities?
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
    Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bullzag23 View Post
    Looking to plan a trip to Europe next Spring/Summer, including Berlin, Prague, Munich and Salzburg. Anyone have any advice for must-do activities?
    In Salzburg... do the Sound of Music tour. Wife and I loved it. Note, I am NOT a big SofM fan by any stretch.

Munich... Neuschwanstein Castle tour.

In Salzburg... do the Sound of Music tour. Wife and I loved it. Note, I am NOT a big SofM fan by any stretch.

I remember the Salt mine tour from when I was a child in 1956-57. Sliding down long wooden slides, on a piece of leather, to different levels.

I'm not sure that insurance would still allow them...but I remember.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

I've always wanted to visit Prague, one of my favorite movies was filmed there, the architecture looks so beautiful.

Neuschwanstein is on our list. Wasn't too sure about the SOM tour, but if it comes highly recommended we may as well.

I'm also planning at least a day trip to Hallstatt and have been looking into the hike/salt mine tour.

Thanks!
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
    Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

Neuschwanstein is on our list. Wasn't too sure about the SOM tour, but if it comes highly recommended we may as well.

I'm also planning at least a day trip to Hallstatt and have been looking into the hike/salt mine tour.

Thanks!
    This is the one we did:

https://www.grayline.com/tours/salzb..._13_12130_938/

Very least, you get to see amazing country/mountain views. We went on a rainy day and it was still beautiful.

Prague is a gorgeous city. It is very compact and walkable. You won’t need a car to get around.
    "The Foo is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together on one message board with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson blogged alone." JFK -4.29.62-

Have started gathering some of this Spokane artist's work:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...pokanes-urban/

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Have started gathering some of this Spokane artist's work:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...pokanes-urban/
    Bovey's great. I told him to tackle the old railroad trellis remains that used to be at the north end of the Monroe Street Bridge, a public display board for many years. Hope to see it.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

So how do I deal with this. Looking at a space and planning for the town says I need sprinklers... however, talking to the Fire Marshal for the town, he says no, I don't. There are two other breweries in the same town. NEITHER has sprinklers. I really want this space... but sprinklers needing to be installed is a major financial deal breaker.

So how do I deal with this. Looking at a space and planning for the town says I need sprinklers... however, talking to the Fire Marshal for the town, he says no, I don't. There are two other breweries in the same town. NEITHER has sprinklers. I really want this space... but sprinklers needing to be installed is a major financial deal breaker.
    Is corporate counsel on board yet? I'd think this would be a quick phone call or two.

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    Is corporate counsel on board yet? I'd think this would be a quick phone call or two.

JMHO... Fire Marshal should trump planning. Plus precedent in two other places (one with occupancy of 70+ and opened in the last 12 months) should be enough to get past it IMHO. Going to have to hire a lawyer at some point anyhow. Also going to also work with the IDA to see if they can help us get this worked out. Worst case, I have a friend that used to be on the town board and now a county legislator, who might be able to move it forward if we hit a sticking point. I want to be safe, but if the FM is cool with no sprinklers it should indicate a fairly high level of safety.

One more step closer. Bank account opened for brewery. Next step credit cards. Still in negotiations with landlord of space we are hoping to get. Becomes available in December.

One more step closer. Bank account opened for brewery. Next step credit cards. Still in negotiations with landlord of space we are hoping to get. Becomes available in December.
    Cool!

With our little startup this year we cleaned up on AmEx Gold.

I thought last night was bad with the constant beeping of construction trucks backing up while I tried to sleep. I was wrong. Tonight is the constant beeping AND our house smells like tar

Ugh... Sorry Jazzgirl.

I am trying to figure out why in the heck I am still up. Brewday starts at 8AM with a double batch (Milk Stout and Pumpkin Porter). I worked from 9A until midnight tonight. Oh well, sleep is overrated.

Go in May if you can. You completely miss the summer crowds. Try to stay in Gasthofs if you can, more quaint and fun.

Agree with Salzburg and the SoM tour. Taking a cruise down the Danube from Vienna to Bratislava is a nice day trip.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time