Page 274 of 276 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276 LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,850 of 6880

Thread: If you think it, post it

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    That sucks. Maybe you can ride local.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Closest is Dash Point, 12 miles away. That's a long way to ride (for me) on a mountain bike before I even ride. I was going to meet my cousin at Paradise Valley 40 miles away. Oh well. Maybe I will go for a road bike ride instead.
    Bring back the OCC

I'm really enjoying the Manning feed tonight. I love Marshawn and wish he would have stayed the whole game. 3 shots of Hennessy for each one of them, dropping f Bombs, showing respect for the brothers. It was fun to see him. I would pay extra for a Marshawn feed each game. Brady was great in the second quarter too. These guys are great with quarterbacks. Sue Bird has been awesome too when she's able to talk.
    Bring back the OCC

Small dose of normalcy tonight. Our borough held their annual Halloween parade and the boys got to go to that and hang out with their friends. The boys are still rocking long hair so they worked that into their costumes, oldest was Thor, my middle has curls and made a great Loki, littlest brother wanted to be Ant Man, specifically giant Ant Man, so he had to carry a jet wing and I tied Spiderman to him
    We had a great weather night, I made the oldest two their costumes and I think they regretted me using fleece lol.

That sounds awesome. The costumes sound really cool. I haven't asked my 13 year old daughter if she is planning on trick or treating this year. I kind of get the feeling she is done with it which kind of makes me sad.
    Bring back the OCC

Damn... needed a set of oars to get to work today. Rain was coming down so heavy that I think I spent more time hydroplaning that not. Light traffic coming in on the LIE but everyone was doing about 35-40 because the conditions were so bad.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Damn... needed a set of oars to get to work today. Rain was coming down so heavy that I think I spent more time hydroplaning that not. Light traffic coming in on the LIE but everyone was doing about 35-40 because the conditions were so bad.
    I saw you guys have a bomb cyclone now too. Never heard of that before and now it's happening all over.
    Bring back the OCC

I'm 4000th in line for ncaa tickets for portland. I don't think I have much of a chance of getting decent tickets.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I saw you guys have a bomb cyclone now too. Never heard of that before and now it's happening all over.
    Not our first bomb cyclone rodeo out here, but I think we refer to them as Nor'Easters. Those really suck in the winter because they slam you with snow, wind, sleet, freezing rain. But man... we got a crap-ton of rain last night and this morning. Rain has stopped for now. Here is the great thing... these are like hurricanes with their rotation... so this afternoon and evening... it comes back for a second round.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

I'm 4000th in line for ncaa tickets for portland. I don't think I have much of a chance of getting decent tickets.
    after waiting in line for an hour and a half, I got an error message and sent to the back of the line. I'm now 8908 in line.
    Bring back the OCC

after waiting in line for an hour and a half, I got an error message and sent to the back of the line. I'm now 8908 in line.
    Ugh... that sucks

Perseverance paid off. I just got through on my second try and got lower bowl end zone tickets.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Not our first bomb cyclone rodeo out here, but I think we refer to them as Nor'Easters. Those really suck in the winter because they slam you with snow, wind, sleet, freezing rain. But man... we got a crap-ton of rain last night and this morning. Rain has stopped for now. Here is the great thing... these are like hurricanes with their rotation... so this afternoon and evening... it comes back for a second round.
    We had that blow through here yesterday evening. Now we have wind gusts that keep knocking power out.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

The Reno area received the equivalent of its annual rainfall within a 48 hour period. Truckee River went from 3 feet deep to 9 feet deep over a six hour stretch on Sunday. We need all the moisture we can get. Some of the ski resorts in the Tahoe area reported 3 feet of snow from the storm.

Unfortunately, some of the burn scar areas have produced some significant rock / mud-slides.

https://www.kcra.com/article/drone-v...y-70/38052354#

From the local fish wrap:

The amount of rain that fell in Reno the last two days was nearly as much as the previous 12 months combined as rainfall records fell across much of Northern Nevada, the National Weather Service said Tuesday.

The 2.92 inches of rain recorded at Reno-Tahoe International Airport Sunday and Monday was the highest 2-day total ever in October and third highest of any month since the service started keeping records in 1893.

The total was just .09 inch shy of rainfall for the entire previous water year running Oct. 1, 2020 to Sept. 30, 2021, the service said.

The 1.88 inches recorded at the airport Sunday broke the old daily record of 0.86 inch dating to 1951.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 10-27-2021 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    The Reno area received the equivalent of it's annual rainfall within a 48 hour period. Truckee River went from 3 feet deep to 9 feet deep over a six hour stretch on Sunday. We need all the moisture we can get. Some of the ski resorts in the Tahoe area reported 3 feet of snow from the storm.

Unfortunately, some of the burn scar areas have produced some significant rock / mud-slides.

https://www.kcra.com/article/drone-v...y-70/38052354#
    My brother sent me a picture of the Truckee a few weeks ago and said he had never seen it that low.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    We had that blow through here yesterday evening. Now we have wind gusts that keep knocking power out.
    Yeah... stupid thing cleared up during work... but 5 pm rolls around and here comes the second wave... like it planned on messing with my commute both ways

That sounds awesome. The costumes sound really cool. I haven't asked my 13 year old daughter if she is planning on trick or treating this year. I kind of get the feeling she is done with it which kind of makes me sad.
    Aww I hope she decides to go out, you don't get free candy for very many years. I made the impromptu decision to dress up when we take the boys this year too, I found a glow in the dark skeleton shirt when I was browsing the Children's Place site for my boys. Lucky for me I can fit in the boys' large, so I'm going as Nigel Tufnel (I need to make an amp that goes to 11) I'm trying to talk my husband into going as Rob Reiner's character.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    Aww I hope she decides to go out, you don't get free candy for very many years. I made the impromptu decision to dress up when we take the boys this year too, I found a glow in the dark skeleton shirt when I was browsing the Children's Place site for my boys. Lucky for me I can fit in the boys' large, so I'm going as Nigel Tufnel (I need to make an amp that goes to 11) I'm trying to talk my husband into going as Rob Reiner's character.
    Very nice.

She has decided to go to a halloween party at her taekwondo dojo. She is going to be an anime character named Toph. I'm kind of glad she is going to a party rather than walking door to door to be honest.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    Very nice.

She has decided to go to a halloween party at her taekwondo dojo. She is going to be an anime character named Toph. I'm kind of glad she is going to a party rather than walking door to door to be honest.
    We get kids, the young ones starting around 5-6, just before dark, and they gradually get older. 8-9PM is usually young(ish) HS kids, 14-16 or so. We are glad they are out trick or treating than just tricking. I had both front and rear windows broken out on my Cadillac, 6 months apart. $500 deductible each time.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    We get kids, the young ones starting around 5-6, just before dark, and they gradually get older. 8-9PM is usually young(ish) HS kids, 14-16 or so. We are glad they are out trick or treating than just tricking. I had both front and rear windows broken out on my Cadillac, 6 months apart. $500 deductible each time.
    My neighborhood is kind of tucked out of sight and there are only 22 houses in our little neighborhood. Most of my neighbors are retirement age so we only get a couple trick or treaters each year.

That sucks about your Cadillac. How did they break the window? Was it rocks? I think the kids have been stuck inside for so long that they are really causing a lot of trouble right now. In my town, Edgewood, and neighboring Fife and Milton, there have been a lot of kids out vandalizing Halloween displays. I see a lot of them on neighborhood sites on ring videos taking people's pumpkins and throwing them at their front door or through their windows. We had one house who does elaborate holiday lights for Halloween and Christmas get vandalized too. It was on King 5 the other day.
    Bring back the OCC

That stinks that kids are causing damage. Our neighborhood isn't really walkable since we're on a main road and no sidewalks so I think that cuts down on a lot of mischief here.
    That's nice that there's an indoor option, always nice for a backup with bad weather. I don't feel like many places do that here, even the schools don't have big dances or parties anymore, the Halloween party was one of my fondest memories from grade school.

The boys put on their costumes again and helped me distribute door hangers for a write in school board candidate, they were quick and got 100 houses within an hour. Tomorrow we're doing the same but going to a neighborhood that gets really into Halloween, so that should be fun to see all the decorations.

Uberwife is dressing as a pumpkin. And yes, she got Uber a shirt that says Peter Peter on it. That's all.
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

I still find Halloween to be extremely overrated, don't particularly like it, and do not like yard displays that are disturbing for children under six or so, the ones who should be enjoying trick or treating the most.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    I still find Halloween to be extremely overrated, don't particularly like it, and do not like yard displays that are disturbing for children under six or so, the ones who should be enjoying trick or treating the most.
    agree 100%

Lost power yesterday around 1030. It just came back on at around 7. The reason given was vandalism. On Sunday a bomb was found in Fife. Something weird is going on here.
    Bring back the OCC