Page 250 of 250 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250
Results 6,226 to 6,245 of 6245

Thread: If you think it, post it

Quote Originally Posted by bullzag23 View Post
    Wife and I would love to see it, however our newborn makes things much more complicated. We just got out to see 'It Chapter Two' about 6 weeks after it released. Could be a while.
    Congratulations! I had so many people tell me they'd take their really young babies to movies and how great it was because the baby would fall asleep and they could enjoy the movie, and I just always brushed it off (because I'm really not big on going to the theater for most movies). Anyway, last year we ended up going on a tour at our science center and since it was a lousy night for using the telescope, they got us into the Omnimax theater to watch "First Man," I think our youngest was around 5 months old and honestly, it was fine, he watched for a bit and then fell asleep.

Monday... We have a new piece of street art, take that Pisa with your leaning tower!
    https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...4lqFSwHPwbAFLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    Monday... We have a new piece of street art, take that Pisa with your leaning tower!
    https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...4lqFSwHPwbAFLE
    Holy smoke!
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    Holy smoke!
    I believe you mean 'holey street'!
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
    Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

I believe that the homerun in game 6 of the World Series, the one after the "runner interference" call, should be in the "Ball don't lie" Hall of Fame.

MLB should be offering alms to the almighty that the ball left the yard and made the score fairly unreachable and the call mostly irrelevant. Those umpires deserved to be fined and pulled from game 7. And just to waylay any "homer" concerns, I am not cheering for either team, and if I had to pick it would be the Astros.

I just believed that to be one of the worst calls in all of history, almost as bad as the Non-Pass Interference Call that robbed the Saints of their rightful place in the Super Bowl.

But NO call will ever be as bad as what we call down here as simply: "The no call"

Had the penalty been called, it would have been first down at the 5. The Saints could have run the clock down to :02 and then kicked the game winning FG.

Instead, the Saints had to kick the field goal with 1:40 left, which allowed the Rams time to come down and tie the game, sending it to OT. Saints lost to a long Ram FG in OT.

Horrid.

Led to the rule change that now PI is reviewable.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I tried to buy ncaa tickets for Spokane and they are already sold out.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I tried to buy ncaa tickets for Spokane and they are already sold out.
    Found a site with tickets. They want $894 for an experience package. What a bunch of bull crap.
    Bring back the OCC

When a person lives down here, you get drowned in college football news.

I want to not like Nick Saban. But, despite myself, I do, a lot.

He is one of the deepest thinkers I have ever heard interviewed associated with sports.

I listen to his coach's show occasionally while driving. Not an "X" and "O" savant. He is a people guy, reminds me of Few in getting the most out of his kids.

Last spring, he had Kobe Bryant and Yo-Yo Ma come and speak to the team.

Kobe talked about how he would do a 3 hour individual work-out, weights and drills, near daily, in addition to team practice.

Yo Yo talked about practicing for 3-4 hours daily outside of anything he's doing with a symphony or other group.

Saban's message was that raw talent and commitment to practice will get you to the elite level. But the elite of the elite do as much individual work as with the minimum team work. Then Saban said that included school.

Of course having endless cash allows them to bring in whomever to talk, but it was the message that I loved.

He is also just kind of a humble cool guy.

When listening to the radio show, they might be playing Alcorn State and Saban will make it sound like playing the Dallas Cowboys, talking about how tough they are on this or that. He just never ever gives up an edge.

He says there are assistants on staff that know more football than him. Yet he's the winningest college coach in history bc he knows how to lead. Amazing guy.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Enjoyed the first new Rick and Morty last night. Definitely need to re-watch it though.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Still can't believe the Huskies put the Zag game in a package like they were UP or LMU.
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Best line for S4 E1 of Rick and Morty:

When Rick realizes that the "Shrimp reality" is also a fascist reality:

God#&@ it! When did this S#!+ become the default?
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Last night my oldest had his first basketball practice, the coach told them to say their name and their favorite team. His teammates were naming the Cavs, Steelers, Penguins (I mean, the coach didn't specify which sport, so...) but saying Gonzaga earned him a fist bump from the coach.

I assumed I had the SEC network since I pay over $200 a month for cable and internet which includes an extra sports package. Apparently I do not have that channel. How f'ing stupid is that. I have no idea what to do to watch the game tonight. My wife is going out with work friends so I have my daughter with me. My best option might be to take her to Buffalo Wild Wings and give her an iPad for 2 hours. So irritated.
    Bring back the OCC

I assumed I had the SEC network since I pay over $200 a month for cable and internet which includes an extra sports package. Apparently I do not have that channel. How f'ing stupid is that. I have no idea what to do to watch the game tonight. My wife is going out with work friends so I have my daughter with me. My best option might be to take her to Buffalo Wild Wings and give her an iPad for 2 hours. So irritated.
    I also bought a really nice Fremont Bourbon Barrel Aged Dark Star Coffee stout to drink during the game tonight too. so disappointed
    Bring back the OCC

I was planning on doing that very thing.

Then I looked at the cost of just ordering the game. It cost us $24 more a month, and I can cancel it tomorrow if I want (which would be pro-rated, so I would only pay $1.00 or so). So, I figured that even if I kept it for a month, it would still pay for itself by just ordering a pizza rather than taking daughter to Buffalo Wild Wings (my wife is out tonight too).

Rationalization? Yes. Wrong? No. Still cheaper to just order it up.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    Last night my oldest had his first basketball practice, the coach told them to say their name and their favorite team. His teammates were naming the Cavs, Steelers, Penguins (I mean, the coach didn't specify which sport, so...) but saying Gonzaga earned him a fist bump from the coach.
    He'd have gotten a fist bump and a "Sweeeet" from me.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post

Then I looked at the cost of just ordering the game. It cost us $24 more a month, and I can cancel it tomorrow if I want (which would be pro-rated, so I would only pay $1.00 or so). So, I figured that even if I kept it for a month, it would still pay for itself by just ordering a pizza rather than taking daughter to Buffalo Wild Wings (my wife is out tonight too).

Thankfully on FIOS I have every channel under the sun. Only question is liquid refreshments for me. Likely going to be some homebrew.. although I have some rare bottles sitting in the fridge.

I've been trying to figure out how to watch tonight. We have 1 game all season on SECN, so subscribing just seems silly. Any streaming options?

Edit: I also have my daughter and I doubt my wife would be thrilled if I just took off for 2+ hours to go to a bar.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
    Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

I went online to Xfinity to see how much it would cost to upgrade. they had a deal that made my internet faster, gave me 60 more channels, and free Showtime for $40 less. This ended up being a great issue to have!
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post

For $20, I just added a package of twenty sports channels that includes the SEC Network and ESPNU. That should get me through the Bahamas tournament games. I’ll probably cancel in a month.

I was looking at a late night at the nearest Wild Wings - forty miles away - and just decided that I would rather watch the game in my living room.
    “There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -