Page 262 of 262 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262
Results 6,526 to 6,544 of 6544

Thread: If you think it, post it

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    My child is still going to a very careful school in a low number area - though the HS just closed, they're watching.

Funny thing: This is NOT a political story. It's a story about social studies.

As one might expect, especially among a certain class of people, they all lean one direction down here. My daughter does not lean that, way for reasons well beyond me - certain "aunties" that lived next to us for years in Spokane.

In class the other day, she was told that it is important to get along with Russia (which is true, I admit), and that it's a good thing our leaders get along. My daughter raised her hand. "Hasn't Putin Killed People?"

Her teacher said: "That is a theory"

My daughter said: "Polonium seems like a good "theory."
    Wow, and good on your daughter
    Bring back the OCC

I voted today. I have never voted this early, but I was so excited to fill it out and put it in the box.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I voted today. I have never voted this early, but I was so excited to fill it out and put it in the box.
    Congrats. I did last week. My earliest as well.
    It's not funny.

Going to early voting site on Saturday. First year NY has has early voting. Don't trust the PO enough to get my vote in and don't want ANY chance my vote doesn't get counted without my knowing. I am willing to risk my life to vote in this election.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Going to early voting site on Saturday. First year NY has has early voting. Don't trust the PO enough to get my vote in and don't want ANY chance my vote doesn't get counted without my knowing. I am willing to risk my life to vote in this election.
    I didn't put mine in the mail either. I drove it straight to the secure box at my town's police station.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I didn't put mine in the mail either. I drove it straight to the secure box at my town's police station.
    I don't trust the folks counting the paper ballots either. I want to feed mine into the machine.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

I don't trust the folks counting the paper ballots either. I want to feed mine into the machine.
    ha ha, I don't think they will let us do that in Washington state.
    Bring back the OCC

Sending out the ballots didn't go well here. They sent thousands of incorrect ones out. Ours were correct (and I'm taking it to a drop box this weekend), but my friend/her husband and my mom and dad all got incorrect ones. My parents dropped theirs off a few weeks ago and it was received, but today they got notice that they were incorrect and they need to send in the new one for it to officially count. On a happy note, my mom finally registered and this will be her first (and second ha!) time voting.

I'm having an online Usborne books party because my boys like reading and they have some really nice and educational books. Anyway...I watched one of the videos about some of the books they sell and Patty Mills (yes the St. Mary's Patty Mills) is a kids book author! I thought that was so neat and I think I'm going to buy one of them for the boys even though they're rather selective about their reading right now (wizards and mythology seems to be all 9yo wants to read about at the moment).

We deposited our ballots last Tuesday at an official drop-box. It is in a local park across the parking from a local police precinct station.

Online tracking shows it was accepted and according to an article in The Spokesman that term means it is ready to be counted.
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut

Amazing that this sort of "credibility" to our election is now a thing. But it is.

I saw a thing in Australia where 92% of people vote, they can go to any site in the country, at any point in several days of election 'week" (or something like that), show their id (of any type) fill out a ballot in pencil, hand it to the guy, leave.

Democracy.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I'm super excited to see Gonzaga play Kansas. It's the national championship we should have gotten, sadly with different players.
    Bring back the OCC

Lets stop the political discussions in here.

Lets stop the political discussions in here.
    +1 it would be nice if we could extend this to all forms of social media.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

How about instead of freaking out over last-minute polls/early turnout data, everyone take a moment before Tuesday to thank our nation's election workers, who are making a heroic effort this year amid record-shattering turnout and unprecedented circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    How about instead of freaking out over last-minute polls/early turnout data, everyone take a moment before Tuesday to thank our nation's election workers, who are making a heroic effort this year amid record-shattering turnout and unprecedented circumstances.
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Cheers to that!
    Bring back the OCC

Damn it! I’m back in the doghouse again. I told my daughter she had an ebullient forehead. Apparently that isn’t a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Amen.
    I hear someone is getting an Emmy.