Page 275 of 276 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276 LastLast
Results 6,851 to 6,875 of 6889

Thread: If you think it, post it

Quote Originally Posted by UberZagFan View Post
    Uberwife is dressing as a pumpkin. And yes, she got Uber a shirt that says Peter Peter on it. That's all.
    hahaha
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I am really happy the cheating Astros lost the world series. I didn't watch a single minute of it. Hard to root for either team, but I hate the Astros the most.
    Bring back the OCC

We got our oldest two boys vaccinated today. They were really excited (although the almost 8 year old doesn't like shots). Chocolate ice cream was requested afterwards so we got some sundaes to go from an ice cream parlor that's approaching its 100th birthday. While the manager was making them, I couldn't help but wonder if families celebrated getting Salk's polio vaccine by going there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    We got our oldest two boys vaccinated today. They were really excited (although the almost 8 year old doesn't like shots). Chocolate ice cream was requested afterwards so we got some sundaes to go from an ice cream parlor that's approaching its 100th birthday. While the manager was making them, I couldn't help but wonder if families celebrated getting Salk's polio vaccine by going there too.
    That's awesome! Congrats! My daughter got vaccinated the first day 12 year olds were eligible too. I had to take her to school right after so no ice cream. That is a great idea. I should have taken her out to ice cream after school.

I was thinking about Polio today too. Can you imagine if people were as vaccine resistant back then as they are today with all of the terrible things that come with Polio?
    Bring back the OCC

I called enterprise this morning to get a better vehicle. They told me they had nothing and to call back in afternoon. I called them this afternoon and they told me I was only authorized for a compact suv. I said this makes no sense. The guy agrees, but says I have to talk to USAA. I call USAA and the person says my truck is a compact pickup and is therefore only comparable to a compact suv. I said it's on the same platform as a pilot which is a 3 row suv. The lady googles my truck and says oh wow this is not a little pickup and upgrades me to large pickup/suv. Called back enterprise. Guy says we don't have any vehicles. Call back tomorrow. ####.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I called enterprise this morning to get a better vehicle. They told me they had nothing and to call back in afternoon. I called them this afternoon and they told me I was only authorized for a compact suv. I said this makes no sense. The guy agrees, but says I have to talk to USAA. I call USAA and the person says my truck is a compact pickup and is therefore only comparable to a compact suv. I said it's on the same platform as a pilot which is a 3 row suv. The lady googles my truck and says oh wow this is not a little pickup and upgrades me to large pickup/suv. Called back enterprise. Guy says we don't have any vehicles. Call back tomorrow. ####.

LAME!!!!!

Good luck getting a SUV!

Would my son be called “Son of Son Of Zagineer”?

So, this is awkward but, among friends...

My writing career continues apace, and while still doing some at the old site, was promoted to a much larger site PT, and have been advised by many that it's time to start my own Substack site. Substack is basically a platform where the writer owns their own writing and he or she charges for a newsletter that comes out... however often one wants to put one out. One can put out newsletters for runners and publish twice a month, charge $6 a month and have 40,000 people sign up, which is nice.

Or someone can write about left-wing politics in a serious but also sometimes funny/quirky way, publish 3-4 a week and charge $6 a month.

I am not a runner.

My newsletter is definitely free this entire month and may go on a little longer, but for those interested... (And, I cannot emphasize this enough, I absolutely beg my many conservative friends to simply move along and pay it no attention at all.

Much Ado About Everything
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofZagineer View Post
    grandson of zagineer
    Bring back the OCC

Wow... blast from the past. How have you been SoZ?
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Son of Zagineerson. Sort of a Viking name.

Or Zagineersonson.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Son of Zagineerson. Sort of a Viking name.

Or Zagineersonson.
    He could go the French route too, Son de SonofZagineer

I've heard airport locations are sometimes more successful lately, also going through a Costco or other warehouse club can help. A friend's van was totalled a week ago and with 4 kids she was kind of limited on car size and that's the route she went to get the vehicle she needed when everyone was 'out'

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Wow... blast from the past. How have you been SoZ?
    I am doing well! Hope the same can be said for you?

I am doing well! Hope the same can be said for you?
    Yep... outside of the aches and pains of getting old... doing great. You still living on the east side?
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

I've heard airport locations are sometimes more successful lately, also going through a Costco or other warehouse club can help. A friend's van was totalled a week ago and with 4 kids she was kind of limited on car size and that's the route she went to get the vehicle she needed when everyone was 'out'
    the shop was waiting on a part and told me I would be lucky to get my truck back next week. They called me today and said my truck is ready. Luckily I do not have to search far and wide for a new rental.
    Bring back the OCC

Yep... outside of the aches and pains of getting old... doing great. You still living on the east side?
    Yes Sir. Started a new job right before the Pandemic. Still walk to work every day. Great part of living in the city….the commute is just walking a few blocks.

Yes Sir. Started a new job right before the Pandemic. Still walk to work every day. Great part of living in the city….the commute is just walking a few blocks.
    Honestly, barely been on a train, let alone to the city since the pandemic (outside of a nice Ecuadorian meal at a joint in LI City and one Mets game). We'll have to get together for a beer sometime soon.

Maybe "Son Of Zagineer #1 Son."
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut

Honestly, barely been on a train, let alone to the city since the pandemic (outside of a nice Ecuadorian meal at a joint in LI City and one Mets game). We'll have to get together for a beer sometime soon.
    That would be great!

An earring was found in our living room a few weeks ago. My wife was looking at me like wtf. Her sister was at our house a month ago. I sent her a picture tonight to ask her if it was her’s. She says no. I’m in trouble and I haven’t done anything. But where the heck did this earring come from?
    Bring back the OCC

An earring was found in our living room a few weeks ago. My wife was looking at me like wtf. Her sister was at our house a month ago. I sent her a picture tonight to ask her if it was her’s. She says no. I’m in trouble and I haven’t done anything. But where the heck did this earring come from?
    When I was really young, I would guess 4? One of my earrings fell off my dresser as I was putting it away, we looked for it and just could not find it I assume it found its way down in between the weave in the carpet backing. Years passed, I was in highschool and my dad found it down in the basement approximately underneath where it was initially lost.
    All that to say you probably found something that was lost by former owners.

When I was really young, I would guess 4? One of my earrings fell off my dresser as I was putting it away, we looked for it and just could not find it I assume it found its way down in between the weave in the carpet backing. Years passed, I was in highschool and my dad found it down in the basement approximately underneath where it was initially lost.
    All that to say you probably found something that was lost by former owners.
    That’s pretty wild. I guess that’s what could have happened here.
    Bring back the OCC

Tryna run the table in the FOO right now
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

I blew it. My sister-in-law asked if we wanted to go to the trans-siberian orchestra the day after thanksgiving. Without even thinking I said sure. It's the exact same time as the Duke Gonzaga game. No wonder the tickets were a good deal. How many years have I been watching Gonzaga and I still haven't figured out to look at the schedule before I commit to stuff?
    Bring back the OCC