Page 251 of 252 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252 LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,275 of 6289

Thread: If you think it, post it

Q: Best part of having to watch the game via DVR three hours after it was over ?

A: Not having the temptation to follow the game thread.

Flannel sheets fresh from the dryer are a great antidote to a snowy winter evening.

#Thankful

Sent via mobile device

Basketball Web Sites Listing

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Saw "Les Miserables" tonight, it's been a number of years since I've seen a production of it, this one was very different than all the others (I got to see it on Broadway shortly before the original run ended). Gorgeous sets, compared to the minimal scenery and rotating stage that seemed to be par for the course. I wonder how much of the actual scenery is due to there being a movie of the musical now....
    Also, they seemed to put a bit of humor into it (non-Thenardier scenes) where previously it was always done very straight. Basically, I'm very glad I didn't just say "I've seen it so many times before, I'll sit this one out."

2 things... First, this thread should never get to page 2....

Second... the Los Angeles Online Film Critics Society named Kirsten Steward the actress of the decade.

I am trying to wrap my head around that one.

Streep... who cares about that Oscar and multiple nominations.
    Emma Stone... Again... what Oscar?
    Frances McDormand???
    Kate Blanchette??
    Heck... even Jennifer Lawrence... All those great actresses and they came up with Kristen Stewart?

Why???
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post

Second... the Los Angeles Online Film Critics Society named Kirsten Steward the actress of the decade.

Frances McDormand???
    Kate Blanchette??
    Heck... even Jennifer Lawrence... All those great actresses and they came up with Kristen Stewart?

Why???
    I had to look her up. I didn't even get a glimmer of recognition.

From Wikipedia:
    Kristen Jaymes Stewart (born April 9, 1990) is an American actress and director. She is the recipient of several accolades, including a César Award, which she was the first American actress to win. Her films have grossed over $4.3 billion worldwide, and she was the highest-paid actress in the world in 2010 and 2012.

Apparently she also was the director of the latest Charlie's Angels, which is being called a flop...but they had fun making it.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Frances McDormand???
    Kate Blanchette??

Why???
    Her career highlights are all distilled into one Honest Trailer.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0gugBi...W&index=2&t=0s
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

I spend too much time on line

Frances McDormand???
    Kate Blanchette??

Why???
    Is there a movie she's in where you feel like she actually wants to be there? I think in the (limited) roles I've seen her in she just never seemed like she was anything other than annoyed at being there. If I want to watch that "acting" I'd pick Aubrey Plaza Everytime because she's at least funny.

There's a facebook page, a public group page, called "Gonzaga Bulldogs Basketball"

In the "Description" section, the Admins wrote this: " This group is for fans of the University of Gonzaga. . ."

Picture me as Jack Nicholson in "The Shining," fireman's axe in hand, taking it not to a door but rather to the computer of the wanker who wrote that description.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    Is there a movie she's in where you feel like she actually wants to be there? I think in the (limited) roles I've seen her in she just never seemed like she was anything other than annoyed at being there. If I want to watch that "acting" I'd pick Aubrey Plaza Everytime because she's at least funny.
    Exactly... she comes off disinterested almost all the time.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

So my dad got me an early present for Xmas... Schiite HEL pre-amp for earbuds. Now, I wear really really good earbuds and they sounds great. So I hooked this thing up at work... DAMN... the sound is INCREDIBLE. It took my really great earbuds to a completely different level. If you care about the music you listen to... definitely worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Flannel sheets fresh from the dryer are a great antidote to a snowy winter evening.

#Thankful

Sent via mobile device
    Can you even imagine how much infinitely tougher the settlers and native Americans were than us? (or at least me)

We've never known what it was like to HAVE to grow or shoot your own food.

Never not had a thermostat that even COOLS the house on a hot day.

Need to go 120 miles? Less than 2 hours sitting listening to sports talk radio.

I once heard a talk by David Halberstam, the historian/author, and he said people need to study history bc it's just damned rude to not. People made an effort to get the world wherever it happens to be.

He said "Imagine John Adams going to the constitutional convention in Philadelphia. He didn't' go while saying to himself "Isn't this fascinating, being in the middle of so much history" - - NO, it was 4 days riding or on a bugy, camping out in camps along the way, to get there. It might've been hot, might've been cold, might've rained, but if he was going to get there, he had to do it.

I am so spoiled, never been hungry, never had the lights shut off, hell, I sleep with YouTube streaming documentaries and talks from around the world into my brain. Imagine what they'd think of that?

Sometimes gotta sit back and be thankful.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

And in about an hour I am going to sit back and watch live as my fav sports team plays, on a 59 inch High Def television, getting the game to me at the speed of light, in perfect picture.

That's absurd in some ways.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Posting to remember what my avatar is...
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Quote Originally Posted by UberZagFan View Post
    Posting to remember what my avatar is...
    I like it!
    Mark Twain.

So we do tons of external reporting where I work. US News/College Board/Princeton Review are good examples. So... when you ask for an extension on a deadline, get said extension, and they send you, your boss, and your boss' boss emails on the original due date asking where the data is with no mention of your extension it gets really annoying. Especially when it triggers your boss' boss to kick into panic mode and start raving about it not being done. Just for me to have to email the company, remind them of the extension, and then get the same basic email back saying... yeah... we just send those out to nudge people... yeah your stuff still isn't due until the date we gave you an extension to.

So we do tons of external reporting where I work. US News/College Board/Princeton Review are good examples. So... when you ask for an extension on a deadline, get said extension, and they send you, your boss, and your boss' boss emails on the original due date asking where the data is with no mention of your extension it gets really annoying. Especially when it triggers your boss' boss to kick into panic mode and start raving about it not being done. Just for me to have to email the company, remind them of the extension, and then get the same basic email back saying... yeah... we just send those out to nudge people... yeah your stuff still isn't due until the date we gave you an extension to.
    that sucks, and sounds like some kind of automated email they send out to everyone that probably freaks out a lot of school administrators.
    Bring back the OCC

So. I was thinking the other day (always a scary idea) and wondered...If a couple marries and hyphenates the last name to include both of theirs, their children will have that hyphenated last name. What happens if the couple divorce and subsequently re-marry? They end up with a NEW last name. Do the kids keep the old one, change to the new one or just add a third (or fourth) hyphenation to the end?

We could get kids with 4 or more hyphenations! Imagine if those were in an order where they spelled out a word or name. My mind overflows with the absurdity of thought.

I was at work the other day, sadly I have to do that 5 days a week, and was waiting for a customer that had phoned to say that they were on the way. I didn't want to be in the middle of something soooo...

I was on the computer and was playing a game of MS Klondike Solitaire. (I know that I am the only one to ever waste time doing that).

The game has commercials, unless you pony up for premium.

So an ad for MS slots comes up and the first thing it announces is 'The real Las Vegas Experience'.
    Does that mean that even in the sanctity of my office, a cute young thing will come by and ply me with free drinks? What if I HAVEN'T upgraded to premium? Do I still get the free drinks? What if I DO upgrade? Do I get free drinks then?

I'm sooo confused.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    So. I was thinking the other day (always a scary idea) and wondered...If a couple marries and hyphenates the last name to include both of theirs, their children will have that hyphenated last name. What happens if the couple divorce and subsequently re-marry? They end up with a NEW last name. Do the kids keep the old one, change to the new one or just add a third (or fourth) hyphenation to the end?

We could get kids with 4 or more hyphenations! Imagine if those were in an order where they spelled out a word or name. My mind overflows with the absurdity of thought.
    I think when parents remarry the majority of the time the kids keep their birth name ( it's expensive to legally change their name just because they want to... I'm not sure if any of the cost is lowered in cases of adoption, I certainly hope it is if that is what the child wants). One of my childhood friends hyphenated her last name when her mom remarried. I think she would have completely dropped her dad's name (because he wasn't involved in her life and was abusive before her mom divorced) but I believe at the time she needed his signature to drop it so she just settled for the hyphen.
    I completely dropped my maiden name when we got married, but decided to give it to our oldest as a second middle name (I'm the only grandchild on my dad's side so I wanted to pass it along but not in a way that would add extra writing on all of his school paperwork haha)...in retrospect, with a married name that's also a first name, and seeing that my kids routinely have their names reversed on everything from the school morning announcements to the pharmacy , that hyphen might have come in handy!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I was at work the other day, sadly I have to do that 5 days a week, and was waiting for a customer that had phoned to say that they were on the way. I didn't want to be in the middle of something soooo...

I was on the computer and was playing a game of MS Klondike Solitaire. (I know that I am the only one to ever waste time doing that).

The game has commercials, unless you pony up for premium.

So an ad for MS slots comes up and the first thing it announces is 'The real Las Vegas Experience'.
    Does that mean that even in the sanctity of my office, a cute young thing will come by and ply me with free drinks? What if I HAVEN'T upgraded to premium? Do I still get the free drinks? What if I DO upgrade? Do I get free drinks then?

I'm sooo confused.
    Don't know about the drinks, but if it parallels the Vegas experience your wallet will be lighter.

Do you suppose U2's lawyer works pro-Bono ?

I get coronavirus every taco tuesday
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I get coronavirus every taco tuesday
    I haven't read the symptoms yet, but now I'm a little peeved we forgot about Taco Tuesday. Those Monday holidays really throw off my sense of the week.

Third grader got a recorder sent home from music class. This is my life now (also, my kid's resemblance to Clifford is terrifying).https://youtu.be/mUQN75Jrks0