Thread: Foo Food Poll

Default Foo Food Poll

I may have had a thread asking this same question, but couldn't find it, and it's an important question:

Limited to major fast food chains:

1) Best fast food meal of any kind available at a major chain (across the U.S., In 'n Out doesn't count.

2.) Best burger in your opinion available at any major fast food chain.

3.) Best major chain pizza ( I know, it's almost a contradiction in terms, but weigh in)

For me:

1. I really can't think of anything that beats an Egg McMuffin when going on a trip or something and starting the morning.

2. Hardees Mushroom Swiss Burger is in my opinion the best chain burger. Wendy's double cheeseburger close.

3. A good straight out of the oven Pizza Hut pan pizza is best chain pizza IMO, BUT, it's rare to get a fresh good one, they ruin them quite easily.

** Anyone who hasn't been down south doesn't know anything about Waffle House, tiny little joints found at every Interstate exit (seemingly). Clean, small, counter sitting, few booths, mostly breakfast food, their ham and cheese omelet and hash browns "smothered" (with onions), "covered" (cheese) and "capped" (mushrooms) is a bit of heaven available only in the south.

*Obviously it's the Foo, add anything of interest kind of related, would love to hear from you.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

1. I'm partial to Wendy's I guess, Spicy Chicken Sandwich for breakfast I would go with Burger King bacon egg and cheese croissant, but breakfast is the only time I eat there.
    2. Is Steak n Shake across the US? I like the single with bacon and cheese and everything else they'll throw on it.
    3. Pizza hut pan pizza, I think they bought my vote with BookIt Many years ago (our Domino's is really hit or miss, fake butter taste, under cooked (raw dough) and Papa John's cheese tastes fake).

CBS Sunday morning just did a feature on Waffle House and their natural disaster index.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    1. I'm partial to Wendy's I guess, Spicy Chicken Sandwich for breakfast I would go with Burger King bacon egg and cheese croissant, but breakfast is the only time I eat there.
    2. Is Steak n Shake across the US? I like the single with bacon and cheese and everything else they'll throw on it.
    3. Pizza hut pan pizza, I think they bought my vote with BookIt Many years ago (our Domino's is really hit or miss, fake butter taste, under cooked (raw dough) and Papa John's cheese tastes fake).

CBS Sunday morning just did a feature on Waffle House and their natural disaster index.
    What's a natural disaster index?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    What's a natural disaster index?
    They said there's a "waffle house index" it might be FEMA that keeps track of it, if a Waffle House is closed (possibly destroyed) they know that's one of the hardest hit areas by hurricanes or floods etc. I'll try to find the segment online.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tl2hnyXIdlc

Going to preface this with the fact the fast-food in general has gone bye-bye for me for years. Only time I go is when kids (20 and 23 so not really kids anymore) really want it or it is just convenient.

1. Roast beef and Cheddar from Arby's along with fries (with horsey sauce mixed with arby sauce for fry dipping action)
    2. I'd say White Castle, but they aren't big enough to qualify. Beyond that... Wendy's double loaded to the hilt.
    3. Making a NYer rate non-NY pizza is not fair... but I guess I'd lean towards Pizza Hut.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Going to preface this with the fact the fast-food in general has gone bye-bye for me for years. Only time I go is when kids (20 and 23 so not really kids anymore) really want it or it is just convenient.

1. Roast beef and Cheddar from Arby's along with fries (with horsey sauce mixed with arby sauce for fry dipping action)
    2. I'd say White Castle, but they aren't big enough to qualify. Beyond that... Wendy's double loaded to the hilt.
    3. Making a NYer rate non-NY pizza is not fair... but I guess I'd lean towards Pizza Hut.
    Living out in the sticks where I do now, I'd give anything to have the pizza selections you likely have.

Amazing, but of all the big cities I've lived, the one that had the most "great" pizza places was Salt Lake City, all the places up by the University of Utah. SLC is a wonderful city, far more diverse than people think. I loved it.

Of course, you don't have the option of having a Sat morning tradition of taking your daughter to Waffle House for some smothered and covered, daddy/daughter breakfast.
    Mark Twain.

I love all fast food, doesn't matter which chain it is.
    and if it is fried. well, even better.

Living part time in Spokane, that's all that city has.
    Why are there so many freaking fast food places there?

You hardly see any of the old fashion neighborhood restaurants.
    Like you see in SF.

Generally speaking, I don't eat fast food, haven't for many years.

But I am in AZ once a year and In-N-Out is a regular stop when we're there, so no fair excluding that amazing spot. Those burgers....

Back in the day though, it was Zip's -- practically a Spokane / Inland PNW institution. Bucket of crinkle fries and their ridiculous tartar all night long, man. Especially in the heavy cannabis days.

Regarding pizza, the best I ever had was in Sicily. No contest. You get your own pie! But the best in the States was in NYC, so I'm with LIZ on that one. I have no idea what chain pizza tastes like. I'll take your word for it. But Sicily...

I guess I'm disqualified, but I'm down for checking it all out next time you're in the neighborhood -- provided we can blaze one before venturing out.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

You're nt DQ'd Phish, everyone understand why the chains are easily beaten by local joints. Only problem is some of his live in a place where the local joints are worse than the chains.

I like to go against the grain a bit, bc in Spokane, I actually thought Pizza Pipeline was pretty good, when every Spokane person is supposed to hate it.

I love In'N Out, best burgers in the U.S., Double/Double.
    Mark Twain.

In N Out

Double-Double with grilled onions, light salt on the fries. Fast-food comfort food.

Egg McMuffin and two hash browns. . .road food breakfast ( but not often. . .too many calories to do it very often)

south but west we have at least 10 in Phoenix area

https://locations.wafflehouse.com/az-phoenix-1604

ever near Disneyland try this cuban deli/bakery..great burgers

http://www.portosbakery.com/our-story/

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    south but west we have at least 10 in Phoenix area

https://locations.wafflehouse.com/az-phoenix-1604

ever near Disneyland try this cuban deli/bakery..great burgers

http://www.portosbakery.com/our-story/

I didn't know that they were in the SW.

Wow.

I would not have thought there would be a ton of crossover appeal.

That's cool. I think they're great. And usually they are pretty well run and the managers can make decent money.
    Mark Twain.

Chick Fila Chicken Sandwich or Chicken tenders with Polynesian sauce
    Dicks (Seattle and Kent now! not Spokane) Cheeseburgers
    Papa Murphy's is the only pizza chain I will eat pizza from
    Bring back the OCC

Blanched & Roasted Almonds. Holiday tradition at Casa Reno. Easy to do and it makes the house smell like Christmas memories

Sent via mobile device

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post

Blanched & Roasted Almonds. Holiday tradition at Casa Reno. Easy to do and it makes the house smell like Christmas memories
    I love blanching almonds.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    ** Anyone who hasn't been down south doesn't know anything about Waffle House, tiny little joints found at every Interstate exit (seemingly). Clean, small, counter sitting, few booths, mostly breakfast food, their ham and cheese omelet and hash browns "smothered" (with onions), "covered" (cheese) and "capped" (mushrooms) is a bit of heaven available only in the south.
    The Waffle House franchises in your neck of the woods must be a lot nicer than the ones I remember from Georgia and Louisiana. Those counters were usually caked with grease and calcified ketchup. I always seemed to lose some leg hair to the duct tape and the syrup on the seats. The rest rooms had a nauseating sewer/vomit smell that would trail all the way out to the parking lot.

Despite the pervasive health code violations, I spent a lot of time in Waffle House over the years. It was a great place to stop after the bars closed down. Those roasted pecan waffles were amazing.
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    The Waffle House franchises in your neck of the woods must be a lot nicer than the ones I remember from Georgia and Louisiana. Those counters were usually caked with grease and calcified ketchup. I always seemed to lose some leg hair to the duct tape and the syrup on the seats. The rest rooms had a nauseating sewer/vomit smell that would trail all the way out to the parking lot.

Despite the pervasive health code violations, I spent a lot of time in Waffle House over the years. It was a great place to stop after the bars closed down. Those roasted pecan waffles were amazing.
    They must have come a long long way in terms of commitment to cleanliness. When I walk into any of the ones around here, they are near perfect. We took my mother to one last week, and she is quite the picky one, and she loved it.

My daughter loves her Texas egg sandwich, cheese/bacon, and smothered and covered.

As long as I don't get one more than 4x a year, I love the ham and cheese omelet and a double order of smothered, covered and capped.

Hardees Mushroom and Swiss is the best fast food burger out there IMO
    Mark Twain.