Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394 LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 2334

Thread: Where are you?

Sparks

Boise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

Sitting up at 3:30 a.m. in the middle of nowhere Mississippi - home.

Just got an email from someone in Australia who'd read something that I'm with. The power of the net is breathtaking sometimes. Someone literally on the other side of the world, whom I will never meet, who lives in backwater Australia, sends me a note I get instantly in the friggin' middle of the night here.

Just makes one sit back for a second and think about where the world is versus 30 years ago.

'Cause 10 minutes ago, I was kind of 40 miles north of Melbourne.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Office
    Bring back the OCC

At the northeast corner of my property, overlooking the lights of the Truckee Meadows. My pal Wednesday made the trek up the hill to join me !

Have a great Labor Day weekend

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

I’m headed down to Boston for BC v. Virginia Tech. I haven’t been to a BCS-level football game in more than a decade. This should be fun.
    “There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

Reno, when I could only see the top of your picture, I thought you went mining, with a pick-axe.

You ARE in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada. You wouldn't be the first. I guess that's a problem.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Waiting in line at our favorite Greek Festival. Yummy Gyros!

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Reno, when I could only see the top of your picture, I thought you went mining, with a pick-axe.

You ARE in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada. You wouldn't be the first. I guess that's a problem.
    Those rocks were hauled up there a bucket at a time. . .Since I retired in May, I have been renovating the hill behind the waterfall, improving / creating footpaths, installing steps, etc.
    Also redid the light strings, solar flood lights, etc. Fairly pleased with how it turned out. Hard to believe we did the major overhaul of the backyard in 2012.

Hard work but it keeps me happy. Puttering in the yard is what I enjoy most right now.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 08-31-2019 at 11:14 PM.

Nelson, BC
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

My backyard, sipping a lemonade & watching the world go by

Beautiful.

Get a garden hose up to the top of that thing, and a nice pan out, see how you do!
    Mark Twain.

Backyard

Really nice, Reno.

You must have put a lot of hard work into that yard.

Reno in fall must be wonderful.

Most places are, IMO.

I once drove across the country once, from Sept 15-19th, and I think it was likely the prettiest time of year near everywhere.

I was mesmerized by how beautiful western Iowa was, and it truly was, but I suspect it wouldn't get much better than that week.

BTW: Far southwestern South Dakota and Northeaster Wyoming, highly highly underrated. Very pretty, but a LONG way rom anywhere. You gotta REALLY want to be there to get there.

Fall is w/o question my favorite time of year.

Unfortunately, we don't get "Fall" here until about the 2nd week of November.

Forecast this week? High of 94 is the "coolest" in the next 10 days, 99 today. Not as humid, though.
    Mark Twain.

Default Where are you?

Dixie:

Thank you. It's number one on my happy spot list.

Agree there are wonderful places for the Fall season. Since I've been doing a fair number of road trips, I would also concur the scenery tends to be better the further you stay from the interstate. Reno doesn't have the best "straight shots" to the places I consider destinations; same can be said of flights out of RNO. . . Have seen Klamath Falls, Susanville, Winnemucca, and other sights since May.

This time of year, you see a lot of brown & beige landscapes in the windshield. Reno to Boise immediately leaps to mind. Satellite radio is a big help.

Camped at Lake Tahoe last week, Meeks Bay, on the west side. It has a great beach frontage and it was practically empty Weds & Thurs. . .

And so it goes.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 09-19-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Backyard looks awesome Reno!
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    Backyard looks awesome Reno!
    Thanks, 03. Now that I'm retired, I don't have to cram the upkeep (or revisions) into the weekends. Doing a bit here, a bit there, on a daily basis is more fun and probably healthier.

If ever in the neighborhood. . .

I’m in DC.

I walked to the ChurchKey which is 2 miles away. I was hoping to get a scooter along the way. No scooters. Showed up sweaty and hot and ready for a beer. They were closed for company picnic. I had looked up another place that was a little over a mile from my hotel, but 2.5 from my location.It had tons of beer on Untappd. Luckily there was a scooter in front of the ChurchKey. My scooter was kind of slow but it was moving. I started going up a hill and it died, out of battery. I walked the last mile uphill. I got there and it was a bottle shop. No beer on tap, no beer to be consumed there. I looked up on yelp if there were any bars nearby. I would have had to go all the way back down the hill into Georgetown. I found another scooter and rode it back to my hotel. I got to the hotel bar so thirsty. I asked what they had on tap. Nothing. We got Miller lite in a bottle. 2 hours of searching for a beer in one of the biggest cities in America and no luck.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Dixie:

Thank you. It's number one on my happy spot list.

Agree there are wonderful places for the Fall season. Since I've been doing a fair number of road trips, I would also concur the secenery tends to be better the further you stay from the interstate. Reno doesn't have the best "straight shots" to the places I consider destinations; same can be said of flights out of RNO. . . Have seen Klamath Falls, Susanville, Winnemucca, and other sights since May.

This time of year, you see a lot of brown & beige landscapes in the windshield. Reno to Boise immediately leaps to mind. Satellite radio is a big help.

Camped at Lake Tahoe last week, Meeks Bay, on the west side. It has a great beach frontage and it was practically empty Weds & Thurs. . .

And so it goes.
    Reno, have you ever been over to the mountainous area just south of Elko?

It sure isn't the Tetons, or the area around Bend Oregon, but it is HIGHLY underrated, and a huge secret. I haven't been up and down and through, but seen it and heard from others.

Elko is actually kind of a funky little town, a million miles from anywhere, granted, but it's exploding with growth. Gold mines and stuff will do that.

D
    Mark Twain.

Still in DC, finally found a beer. It wasn’t easy.

Tonight I found a spot and walked in there ready to order a beer. I sat down at the bar and asked for a tap list. Bartender looks me up and down and says sir this is a private party. You got to be ####ing kidding me. I was about to explode when he says we have a bar upstairs open to the public. Thank God.

Rar glamour shots by deb NE IPA is very tasty and well worth the wait.
    Bring back the OCC

Backyard. Turned off the depressing news and decided an early evening fire was the tonic needed to finish an otherwise fine day.

FWIW: I really enjoy (and use) my Solo Stove. Have had it almost two years now and I'm very pleased with the purchase.

Sent via mobile device
    Last edited by RenoZag; 09-19-2019 at 08:00 PM.

Default Where are you?

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Reno, have you ever been over to the mountainous area just south of Elko?

It sure isn't the Tetons, or the area around Bend Oregon, but it is HIGHLY underrated, and a huge secret. I haven't been up and down and through, but seen it and heard from others.

Elko is actually kind of a funky little town, a million miles from anywhere, granted, but it's exploding with growth. Gold mines and stuff will do that.

D
    Haven’t been that way yet. I understand the Ruby Mountains and that stretch of eastern NV is well worth the drive through no man’s land one endures to get there

Sent via mobile device

Default Where are you?

Glide, Oregon

Sent via mobile device
    Last edited by RenoZag; 09-23-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Roseburg

Sent via mobile device

At home, it's 95 degrees.

Wishing I was Reno's copilot touring the west.

Hoping I can talk him into a Mid-January trip down south, golf a few rounds in Jan with him.
    Mark Twain.