Thread: USF Loses its Ace

Default USF Loses its Ace

Gonzaga may have the upper hand in its upcoming series with San Francisco to determine the West Coast Conference baseball title.

Matt Lujan, the winningest pitcher in USF history and the team's Friday starter, is out for the season. He was injured May 7 in a bullpen session. The left-hander started 12 games for the Dons this season and finished with a 5-3 record, 4.08 ERA and 63 strikeouts.
    http://www.swxrightnow.com/story/147...etting-pitcher
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Default Tough break

You don't like to see something like that happen to a talented athlete. Hopefully he heals and can go on and pursue his career.

My best wishes for a quick recovery and further success for Matt Lujan , however I liked the Zags chances in this series before the injury even . This is a young and talented Gonzaga baseball club that while the hitting has been more than adequate , for the most part have hung their caps on pitching & defense . The beauty of it is that this team is going to do nothing but improve over the next couple of years .
    [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
    ― Scottie Pippen

Its really been outstanding what Zags baseball has been able to accomplish as far as building over the last 10 years.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V