Thread: Tough day for Rob Sacre (regarding his Dad)

Default Tough day for Rob Sacre (regarding his Dad)

Mods, leave this here.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Default this will be the third thread.

what's the point ? It's off topic. It belongs under general, imo. Unless you want to discuss what happens when you get caught picking up a hooker. allegedly.

Even at that, it still has nothing to do with the reason it keeps showing up here. What is the reason ?
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Default agree

hafta agree w gamagin......whats the relevancy here or anywhere? murky story to boot.....a little respect for privacy.......rob is still a college student and tho such protections and tenets prob dont apply here, lets abide...just mo..i can recall some off court dustups by players that were lightly if at all touched here.....

Well, the mods are Nazis if they move it and they're damned if they don't.

Let people get it all out of their systems.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Default anoint me

anoint me a mod, beez....i'll take care of it for ya....

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post

Let people get it all out of their systems.

Doesn't anything to do with GU basketball or ANY basketball. Prurient gossipy junk. We can and should do better. Kinda ( in the ESPN) besmirches a kid who's thousands of miles from whatever happened. Rob deserves better than being somehow tied to this......whatever "this" is. Shame on ESPN by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    this
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Quote Originally Posted by gamagin View Post
    what's the point ? It's off topic. It belongs under general, imo. Unless you want to discuss what happens when you get caught picking up a hooker. allegedly.

Even at that, it still has nothing to do with the reason it keeps showing up here. What is the reason ?
    Its off topic ?? The link goes to ESPN NCAA News?? its not some a link to the Nat'l Inquirer ??

This does not disparage Rob at all , it is relevant..

While I would not post it . I stand for others rights to do so without repercussions (deletion).

Pure...tell me the relevance. I'd like to know.

Default Mods

no matter how you cut it this article does not belong under mens basketball for the third time, either to prove one way or the other what's fair when it comes to censorship.

the story is off topic. it belongs elsewhere. In fact it IS elsewhere, so in point of fact, there is not censorship. There may have been briefly, but that was quickly resolved.

This is about the alleged sin of the father, not the son connected to GU.
    Continuing to pander to those who can't or won't understand the difference here is a form of pandering (in reverse) itself.

It's on the sports page. It belongs in the section under general baseketball, if at all, due to the connection. And there it is readily accessible.

It is fair game as a news story. It is not fair game to make it a men's basketball discussion thread because it has nothing to do with GU Men's basketball. Period.
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”

Default Pure

Quote Originally Posted by Pure View Post
    Its off topic ?? The link goes to ESPN NCAA News?? its not some a link to the Nat'l Inquirer ??

This does not disparage Rob at all , it is relevant..

While I would not post it . I stand for others rights to do so without repercussions (deletion).
    see post #11.
    Go TEAM Zags !

Default And in other news...

We landed on the moon!!!

I think if you keep moving it, new people who aren't all the board all day will keep viewing the board and reposting it not knowing that it has been moved again and again. I agree with BZ, just let people get it out of their system and we can move on. It's a crap article about someone's parents and if Greg LeFleur wasn't an AD, none of us would ever know as he wouldn't be on ESPN.com.

It's too bad it happened and too bad it's reported. If we all stop posting on this thread it will be on page two within a day.

We don't need mods to control this board. All you need to do is ignore posts that you believe are off color, offensive or invasive. Let those threads die. That's the best moderation. No one's going to say anything bad about Rob, most people are going to find this out anyways, so why is everyone advocating censorship all of a sudden?

Just let it fade onto the second page and boom, it's gone.

Post # 11 in this thread gets it right.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Quote Originally Posted by gamagin View Post
    no matter how you cut it this article does not belong under mens basketball for the third time, either to prove one way or the other what's fair when it comes to censorship.

the story is off topic. it belongs elsewhere. In fact it IS elsewhere, so in point of fact, there is not censorship. There may have been briefly, but that was quickly resolved.

This is about the alleged sin of the father, not the son connected to GU.
    Continuing to pander to those who can't or won't understand the difference here is a form of pandering (in reverse) itself.

It's on the sports page. It belongs in the section under general baseketball, if at all, due to the connection. And there it is readily accessible.

It is fair game as a news story. It is not fair game to make it a men's basketball discussion thread because it has nothing to do with GU Men's basketball. Period.
    It's related to MENS BASKETBALL because the person accused is the father of a MENS BASKETBALL player at gonzaga. Very simple, it relates to the program in that way, so you can see why it was posted 3-4 separate times in the MENS BASKETBALL forum. No everyone isn't some crazy gossiper that posted this, they saw an article that related to gu MENS BASKETBALL and they posted it. I know there is so much great content to go around for the next 6 months here, so it would suck to have another "next year pg discussion" thread off the front page due to this but it's at least worth a note and if people want to discuss it they should be able to imo. May as well. No one's blaming a thing on Rob... lol

I've seen things of lesser interest to GU sports in general appear and idle in the Men's section. This is of concern to us, because it will effect Rob one way or another, but it is definitely best discussed behind closed doors (PMs).

For those who have lived a perfect life , perhaps you have a stone to cast ?
    For the rest of us who merely do our best and sometines fall short , its a reminder that we are human too and that ; " except for the Grace of God , at one time or another it could have been us ? Personally , I've never been into kicking a man after he has fallen .
    [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
    ― Scottie Pippen