Thread: Ten point countdown thread for Courtney

Exclamation Ten point countdown thread for Courtney

Only 10 points to go to be the ONLY women's basketball player in NCAA history to surpass 2000 career points and 1000 career assists.

Wow.

Let's count it down here.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Smile You are correct BZ!

NO one has done this before! I hope that the powers to be will hold Courtney to the highest honor possible, she deserves it.

The Lady Zag nation loves you Courtney!
    The players, coaches come and go, it's the Ladies Basketball program that endures!

Default 1st NCAA player ever

I was told that she sould be the only NCCA basketball player (guy or girl) to notch 2000pts and 1000 assists. I haven't checked it, but is that true? Any men notched those lofty numbers?

I haven't been able to confirm for certain, but this ESPN article........

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...ncw&id=6147445

.......states the following in the final 2 paragraphs concerning Courtney's assists and points.

She (Courtney) has 1,029 in her career, trailing Suzie McConnell of Penn State (1,307), Tine Freil of Pacific (1,291) and Andrea Nagy of Florida International (1,165). Among men, the career assist leaders are Bobby Hurley of Duke (1,076), Chris Corchiani of North Carolina State (1,038) and Ed Cota of North Carolina (1,030).

Vandersloot, who has 1,880 career points, has the chance to be the only member of that group to score 2,000 points and have 1,000 assists in her college career.
    Further to that, I did the following research on the three men at....

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/.../cotaed01.html

......and found this:

Bobby Hurley: 1,731 Pts, 1,076 Assists
    Chris Corchiani: 1,425 Pts, 1,038 Assists
    Ed Cota: 691* Pts, 1,030 Assists

* Last 2 years of college only. But even if you double his last 2 years points, it's not even close.

Bobby comes closest, but he would have had to hit approximately one more 3-pointer in every college game for his entire four year career. Gives you an idea of what Courtney has achieved. She's Bobby Hurley plus one more 3-pointer in every game.

(OT: Everyone in the nation has heard of Bobby Hurley, so why is it not possible for the Seattle area - a suburb of which is where she grew up - can not watch Monday's game on ESPN2?? )

I tried the same thing for the 3 ladies mentioned above, but nothing would come up when I typed their names in the search box.

So far, I'd say Courtney will be the only woman or man.

Default so which is it she needs, 10 or 20

points to hit 2k ? I thought it was 20 after the iowa game. then read here it was 10.
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

She needs 10. From what I've heard and read over the past few weeks, she'd be the only NCAA player ever of either gender to get 2,000 points and 1,000 assists. We've been privileged to watch an exceptional basketball player, and person, over the past four years. I'll be there tomorrow counting down the final ten points with all her other fans.

Quote Originally Posted by gamagin View Post
    points to hit 2k ? I thought it was 20 after the iowa game. then read here it was 10.
    10 points it is.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...notebook.1542/
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Default good !

thanks angelo
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton