Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GU Unit of the Game-- SJU - NCAA Tourney - 3/17/11

Carter (mQc) was great tonight, but Steven made it all happen. Notice how we started to drift when he went out with his 3rd foul? Then he returns and the end is COMPLETE. SG for G-UNIT !
    "Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck..."

Can't pick one. All I can say is Meech played his best game of the year!

Carter.. running away.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Default All on the Bigs...

This game was won in the first half when we established our inside game, and when Gray, Harris and Carter hit the early threes to spread the floor and allow for some nice play calls.

I have to give it to Sacre (the BEAST) and Harris for their early work that acted as the foundation for the pull-away in the second half and the win. Good job bigs!!!

But, if you are tallying votes, put one in the Sacre column for me.

Fans love him. The opponents fear him.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMM MMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I'm surprised that previous posters have yet to note that Marmar was STARTING in a primetime NCAA tourney game on national TV against a higher-seeder team known for its dynamic guard play, and rather than appear starry-eyed or intimidated turned in an amazing game with 24-6-6, 2 steals, 3 threes, and steady play on both ends of the floor as our leader in minutes. This is such a huge step up from where Marmar was playing last postseason and he didn't even blink. I am so proud of that guy! Can't wait to see what he brings next.

collective step up!

come on!!!

GO ZAGS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by northsidezagfan View Post
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMM MMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I'm surprised that previous posters have yet to note that Marmar was STARTING in a primetime NCAA tourney game on national TV against a higher-seeder team known for its dynamic guard play, and rather than appear starry-eyed or intimidated turned in an amazing game with 24-6-6, 2 steals, 3 threes, and steady play on both ends of the floor as our leader in minutes. This is such a huge step up from where Marmar was playing last postseason and he didn't even blink. I am so proud of that guy! Can't wait to see what he brings next.
    +1 Agree 100 percent! Plus add some love for Meech who had handles galore tonight in breaking the back of their highly touted 3/4 ct. press. Marquise player of game, Meech honorable mention!

Meech
    If their pressure had set the tone of the game, it could have affected Carter, Stockton and Gray
    but Goodson let them spend up their energy on the futile effort

Gray was the lynchpin that held it all together and had a great individual game as well

Quote Originally Posted by john montana View Post
    Coach few. Great preparation and game planning. Set a perfect tempo for us this game...fast but not hectic...great job coaches!
    I give it up to the coaches. This was a hell of a prep job. The Zags were not fazed by St John's press or speed and in fact we turned it on them with pressure of our own. Lots of guys showed up. I was especially proud of Gray for getting out of that funk, of Harris for playing smart, unselfish ball, of Sacre for battling and taking a lot of contact, of Meech for handling pressure with aplomb, of Marquise for bringing his A game to the biggest game of his life, etc. etc. Team win.
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Harris got us going early and was a stud all game. I'm giving mine to E!

I think it's gotta be my "Coach of the Year" Mark Few and staff.

The team was better prepared for this game more so than any other so far this season. The team knew what they had to do and for the most part flawlessly executed that plan.

I'm sure the plan for tomorrow will be to contain Jimmer and I'm sure they will. I predict Jimmer will be held to less than 25 points and we win going away.

The sweet sixteen is just around the corner. Look out Florida...

GO ZAGS!!!

Mr. Carter!!!! What a fantastic game.

Can we say breakout player of the tourney, day 1!!!
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FuManShoes View Post
    I give it up to the coaches. This was a hell of a prep job. The Zags were not fazed by St John's press or speed and in fact we turned it on them with pressure of our own. Lots of guys showed up. I was especially proud of Gray for getting out of that funk, of Harris for playing smart, unselfish ball, of Sacre for battling and taking a lot of contact, of Meech for handling pressure with aplomb, of Marquise for bringing his A game to the biggest game of his life, etc. etc. Team win.
    +++1

It will be interesting to see the game plan for "Jimmer Ball" Saturday PM...if we execute that one too! Then WOW!

Default no question in my mind

MEECH!!!

Without his superb handling of the press, our Zags would have been blown out of the water. Not to mention the others who played great wouldn't have had the opportunity to do what they did if Meech wasn't able to get the Zags into their offense so consistently and confidently.

Very impressive Meech!

Quote Originally Posted by 2wiceright View Post
    +1 Agree 100 percent! Plus add some love for Meech who had handles galore tonight in breaking the back of their highly touted 3/4 ct. press. Marquise player of game, Meech honorable mention!

Plenty of love for Meech too. Hell of a game for him.

Gray all day! All around great game. But very close. Nice to have so many options for GUnit as opposed to giving it to some player by default.
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Carter
    Bring back the OCC

MarMar is gonna take us farfar!!!!
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Best thread ever--everybody gets kudos on the SJU win.