Thread: 2nd half of WCC season

Default 2nd half of WCC season

I followed with interest the "demise" of the Zags on several other boards, particularly after GU dropped 3 straight in conference (but also when the Zags' OOC record dipped to 4-5).

Here's how the 2nd half of the WCC CONFERENCE season played out.

Gonzaga -- 2 home games -- 5 away games; 7 wins - 0 losses
    St. Mary's - 5 home games -- 2 away games; 5 wins - 2 losses
    USF Dons - 4 home games -- 3 away games; 5 wins - 2 losses
    Portland -- 4 home games -- 3 away games; 3 wins - 4 losses
    SCU -- 4 home games -- 3 away games; 3 wins - 4 losses
    Pepperdine-- 2 home games -- 5 away games; 2 wins - 5 losses
    San Diego -- 5 home games -- 2 away games; 2 wins - 5 losses
    LMU Lions -- 2 home games -- 5 away games; 1 win - 6 losses

Yes, it's true that the first half of the season did happen -- but I'm glad the Zags had their rough patch early, rather than late (and that they could do it -- and did it -- on the road).

Gonzaga is continuing to gel, and I'm looking forward to following their progress at the WCC tourney, and in the post-season. Go Zags !!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    I followed with interest the "demise" of the Zags on several other boards, particularly after GU dropped 3 straight in conference (but also when the Zags' OOC record dipped to 4-5).

Here's how the 2nd half of the WCC CONFERENCE season played out.

Gonzaga -- 2 home games -- 5 away games; 7 wins - 0 losses
    St. Mary's - 5 home games -- 2 away games; 5 wins - 2 losses
    USF Dons - 4 home games -- 3 away games; 5 wins - 2 losses
    Portland -- 4 home games -- 3 away games; 3 wins - 4 losses
    SCU -- 4 home games -- 3 away games; 3 wins - 4 losses
    Pepperdine-- 2 home games -- 5 away games; 2 wins - 5 losses
    San Diego -- 5 home games -- 2 away games; 2 wins - 5 losses
    LMU Lions -- 2 home games -- 5 away games; 1 win - 6 losses

Yes, it's true that the first half of the season did happen -- but I'm glad the Zags had their rough patch early, rather than late (and that they could do it -- and did it -- on the road).

Gonzaga is continuing to gel, and I'm looking forward to following their progress at the WCC tourney, and in the post-season. Go Zags !!!
    The fact that they did this while away from MAC for all but 2 games was the most amazing part of this come back. For this reason, I feel like it was legit and Gonzaga's going to have no problem playing in Vegas.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    The fact that they did this while away from MAC for all but 2 games was the most amazing part of this come back. For this reason, I feel like it was legit and Gonzaga's going to have no problem playing in Vegas.
    ditto......Thanks for the information GoZags. It's nice to see it right there in front of you. That 7-0 looks beautiful. And then to see the #5 under Road victories, is just awesome, man. It was truly an incredible journey that most people outside of the WCC would never appreciate because our conference is so undervalued. The Zags have the fire, folks, and it's burning HOT now.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Thanks for the post, good stuff. After a 4-3 1st half of conference play the Zags finished strong in the 2nd half with that 7-0 run, mostly on the road. This shows me the Zags have improved. The Zags are playing with more confidence and their best may be yet to come.
    It's not the size of the Bulldog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the Bulldog!

GO ZAGS!!!

Default That is an understatement

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Personally I am going crazy with anticipation. I think they should have a 60 game season and have a 30 minute game every other night.
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Important post GZ. Puts some perspective on things.
    It's the time of the year when teams progressively gel. We should have beat Memphis too. Not in the cards that day.
    WCC tournament is a "must win". Hope this time off doesn't generate some "rust". 2 more games to win if this comeback is to be sustained.

Again GZ...nice data. Thanks!

The new "king" of the WCC, SMC, has taken 2 of the last 5 from GU. It gets worse for them if you go back further. If GU happens to take them in the WCC tourney, GU would have won 4 of the last 6 games with SMC.

To truly win the throne, they must slay the dragon more than a couple of times in two years.

Nice post GoZags
    I miss Mike Hart

Very interesting stats right there. This team has really come a long way from the beginning of the year.
    Gonzaga Class of 2011!