Page 116 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117 LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 2914

Thread: What Song are you Listening To Right Now ?

Jimmy Cliff's cover of "I Can See Clearly Now."

"Here's Where the Story Ends," by The Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    "Rotten Peaches" by Elton John
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Don’t know that one. Going to have to check it out
    It's on the "B" side of his Madman Across the Water record.

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

Leon Bridges - "If It Feels Good"

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    "Here's Where the Story Ends," by The Sundays.
    Good stuff! I hope you don't mind, but I kinda gotta post a link to the song since you brought it up.

"Coyote," by Joni Mitchell.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Good stuff! I hope you don't mind, but I kinda gotta post a link to the song since you brought it up.

I would post videos of the tunes as many others do but I'm not practiced at doing so. Perhaps my new status away from the rat race will allow me to get good at it.

Why should I mind ? It's the Foo. There are no rules here. Enjoy the rest of your Memorial Day weekend holiday

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

Richard Thompson: "Dad's Gonna Kill Me."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-yySxecVAg

Svefn-g-englar - Sigur Ros

"And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Almost unheard of band, but I think they have several gems.

Stumbled onto this band recently. 4 young women from Toronto. 2 of them are sisters. The crowd in this clip is dead but it's not the band's fault, they have plenty of energy.

The singer deliberately left out one lyric from the second verse, see if you can figure out what it is. She grins right after the omission.

As Monty Python would say "and now for something completely different." Folk metal (aka pagan metal) is an actual thing. Because why wouldn't you have wailing guitars and bashing on the drums combined w/ fiddles, mandolin, accordion, pipes etc?

Here's another example of the genre.

Some Dropkick Murphys to get you hyped up for the weekend.

Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band

https://youtu.be/9Ra0DsbiNs0

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Lady Gaga on another cover, one of my all time fav songs, What's up, 4 non-blondes. I was so wrong on Lady Gaga, she is the most talented female artist in a looong time.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

This is for Phish, calling him out, haven't seen him in a while.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    This is for Phish, calling him out, haven't seen him in a while.
    Hey, man! How are you doing?

I'm just in the throes of new business life and working through some other personal stuff. Wild, busy. But happy and grateful all the same.

Thanks for Perry and the guys. Seems a long time ago now, but I remember it like...
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Underworld - "Two Months Off"

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    Hey, man! How are you doing?

I'm just in the throes of new business life and working through some other personal stuff. Wild, busy. But happy and grateful all the same.

Thanks for Perry and the guys. Seems a long time ago now, but I remember it like...
    It is wonderful to hear from you.

I myself am simply trying to survive, it was 97 yesterday and will be 97 today, and that's deep south 97, it sits like a warm, wet, heavy blanket right on top of you, right at the solstice when the sun is 50 feet above your head.

Law is law, but I'm back to writing the novel sequel, I had written right up to the penultimate chapter, then lost the "feeling" for …. a year? I just didn't "feel it" and now I do and it's great to be excited again.

It sounds like business is going well, or at least at a good stage, and I know this is close to your heart. I am actually coming up there in a couple weeks. If I give you a shout out, let's have lunch, if you can get away? I understand if the logistics don't work, but I'd love to hit the pizza place or down near campus.

I want to hear all about what you're up to, bring some stuff if that's possible.

Take care, I wanted to know if you'd be around and my daughter and I are flying up ….not sure of the date yet, I have an open ticket so I can find a perfect day.

j
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    It is wonderful to hear from you.

I myself am simply trying to survive, it was 97 yesterday and will be 97 today, and that's deep south 97, it sits like a warm, wet, heavy blanket right on top of you, right at the solstice when the sun is 50 feet above your head.

Law is law, but I'm back to writing the novel sequel, I had written right up to the penultimate chapter, then lost the "feeling" for …. a year? I just didn't "feel it" and now I do and it's great to be excited again.

It sounds like business is going well, or at least at a good stage, and I know this is close to your heart. I am actually coming up there in a couple weeks. If I give you a shout out, let's have lunch, if you can get away? I understand if the logistics don't work, but I'd love to hit the pizza place or down near campus.

I want to hear all about what you're up to, bring some stuff if that's possible.

Take care, I wanted to know if you'd be around and my daughter and I are flying up ….not sure of the date yet, I have an open ticket so I can find a perfect day.

j
    I couldn't handle the South, brother! When I got off a plane in Atlanta the first time I was there, I simply couldn't believe it. Sauna-like, yes, but there is a lateral air pressure that is trippy and unique and distressing af. I require the cool of the north, and weather shaped by mountains nearby.

Exciting news on your novel! Was wondering when that would come back into the fold. Bust that thing out.

Come on up! We'll make time for you any time. Veracci is great for a slice and pint, and I am otherwise Boy Scout prepared. Quick footnote: puffs on the patio are supreme at my place.

We're in Seattle for a week starting July 28th, FYI.

Hit me when details come into focus.

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    I couldn't handle the South, brother! When I got off a plane in Atlanta the first time I was there, I simply couldn't believe it. Sauna-like, yes, but there is a lateral air pressure that is trippy and unique and distressing af. I require the cool of the north, and weather shaped by mountains nearby.

Exciting news on your novel! Was wondering when that would come back into the fold. Bust that thing out.

Come on up! We'll make time for you any time. Veracci is great for a slice and pint, and I am otherwise Boy Scout prepared. Quick footnote: puffs on the patio are supreme at my place.

We're in Seattle for a week starting July 28th, FYI.

Hit me when details come into focus.
    I shall be there. For everything.
    Mark Twain.

I will not be listening to Alanis Morissette - too much risk involved.

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...174569721.html

Casey, 24, reportedly hit Todd Fletcher, 33, in the face with a plate Sunday in Jacksonville because Fletcher wouldn’t stop playing Alanis Morissette, News4Jax.com said. “That’s all that (expletive) listens to,” Casey said, according to a police report.
    “There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I will not be listening to Alanis Morissette - too much risk involved.

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...174569721.html
    I don't blame you.

But, I wonder what happened to her.

Jagged Little Pill was one of the greatest albums of the 90s, genius.
    Mark Twain.