Page 117 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 2948

Thread: What Song are you Listening To Right Now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I will not be listening to Alanis Morissette - too much risk involved.

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...174569721.html
    LOL!
    I will forever hate Dave Mathew's Band because that was the only thing they played in our college costume shop. I didn't like him prior to college, but it was even worse when he turned into the soundtrack for sewing a dozen men's puffy shirts for a production of "Tartuffe."

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    LOL!
    I will forever hate Dave Mathew's Band because that was the only thing they played in our college costume shop. I didn't like him prior to college, but it was even worse when he turned into the soundtrack for sewing a dozen men's puffy shirts for a production of "Tartuffe."
    Ugh. I hate Tartuffe. My high school French teacher made us perform excerpts of that play in class.
    “There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

Had Axl not killed Gn'R, it only had a couple months to live anyway, Nirvana, Never Mind and Smells like Teen Spirit had it DOA the moment it came out. No problem though, it killed every other metal band in existence, too.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post

Had Axl not killed Gn'R, it only had a couple months to live anyway, Nirvana, Never Mind and Smells like Teen Spirit had it DOA the moment it came out. No problem though, it killed every other metal band in existence, too.
    I had a self imposed rule Back in the day. I never played a song or side of an album more than once a day. The reason was twofold. First, I was very careful with my vinyl. I believed in giving it a rest from the heat generated by the cartridge so the quality of the grooves stood up over time. Second, I also believed listening to a tune more than once a day killed the freshness of it and kept me moving through my collection instead of overdosing on one band, act or genre.

My wife kills this theory on a daily basis. Every time I get in her vehicle she has the same five discs in her player. Sweet Child is there and if we are on the road more than an hour or two, SLASH, there it is!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    I had a self imposed rule Back in the day. I never played a song or side of an album more than once a day. The reason was twofold. First, I was very careful with my vinyl. I believed in giving it a rest from the heat generated by the cartridge so the quality of the grooves stood up over time. Second, I also believed listening to a tune more than once a day killed the freshness of it and kept me moving through my collection instead of overdosing on one band, act or genre.

My wife kills this theory on a daily basis. Every time I get in her vehicle she has the same five discs in her player. Sweet Child is there and if we are on the road more than an hour or two, SLASH, there it is!!!!
    It is too bad that GnR never really lasted bc Sweet Child of Mine is a bigger classic that Welcome to the Jungle IMO.

And Axl had (has?) one of the best signing voices of all time, never mind rock voices, just best singing voice. Him and Freddy Mercury, two guys that no one covers, bc can't sound like them.

Always cracked me up, the moment that Nirvana became huge, and then everyone was looking for Seattle bands, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, they became "Grundge" as a fashion statement. What no one thought to ask these kids was where this "fashion statement" came from - they were the clothes the families had around the house! They lived where it rained 10 months out of the year, of course they had flannel, and cords and loose sweaters, this is what they wore to the plant, jeebus, "fashion statement."
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

My husband took the boys to the library and let the oldest borrow a "Kidz Bop" CD that he expects to hear in the car. Not only is it pop music, it's kids singing it and completely sanitized...a piece of my soul died guys, it died. I'm driving a minivan listening to kids CDs. Luckily there ended up being a skip in the CD but that didn't show up until track 10. I thought I was doing a good job raising them to appreciate music until this happened.

I hear this song occasionally on one of my Pandora stations, I really like it. I finally checked out some of their other stuff on you tube, but none of the other songs struck me the way this one does. There's just something about it.

Another Pandora discovery for me. This is a brother and sister duo. Their music is simple but beautiful.

Been streaming one of Nanci Griffith's early albums from hoopla, hadn't heard most of the songs before. Good stuff.

Got an Eilen Jewell cd from the library that is all cover songs, some really old and kinda bluesy and jazzy stuff that influenced her. A bit hit and miss but the songs I like, I like a lot.

I've picked my way thru most of the episodes of Black Mirror on Netflix. Might not finish. This is the unofficial theme song. It was featured in a prominent way in Season 1 second episode and various versions of the song have continued to pop up throughout the show's run. Can't say I'd ever heard the song before, here's the original version of it.

Beastie Boys - Ch-Check It Out.

This is a great performance on the streets of New York for the Letterman Show.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ2ZHkBzmHQ
    “There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

Old Man - Redlight King

Not a remake... but nice use of sampling from the Neil Young tune.

"And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Lou Reed: Rock and Roll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

Holy SHT!! Best f'king song/band I have heard in forever.

Fall Out Boy: Save Rock 'n Roll

Mark Twain.

I'm not a huge fan of HAIM, their songs are hit and miss for me. But I'm digging this brand new single. Their videos are usually fun. They like walking apparently, that's a theme that keeps coming up. How cool would it be to be in a band with all your siblings?

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of HAIM, their songs are hit and miss for me. But I'm digging this brand new single. Their videos are usually fun. They like walking apparently, that's a theme that keeps coming up. How cool would it be to be in a band with all your siblings?

I am digging the front picture, even without listening to a note yet.

Sorry, sis. (JG)
    Mark Twain.

"Chauffeur's Daughter" - Chris Robinson Brotherhood

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

The Rippingtons/Gypsy Eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbWoLD0tu0s
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    "Chauffeur's Daughter" - Chris Robinson Brotherhood

That was awesome.
    Mark Twain.

Have any of you watched James Groden (Late Late Show Comedian Host)? Joke and sing songs, with VERY famous people? "Carpool Karaoke"

First one is Michelle Obama, Second one is his FAMOUS one with Paul McCartney that is laughs and a couple tears.

Michell Obama doing some Steve Wonder (coolest woman)

And then the top YouTube Vid in a long time

Paul MacCartney IN LIVERPOOL, his best

Mark Twain.

Those Carpool Karaokes are fun. Not sure if I've seen all of them but I've watched quite a few.

This musician is playing a tiny club in Ballard Wednesday night. She's using her given name now rather than the stage name listed here. She's also an actress, she's in the Fantastic Beasts franchise. Might just have the cutest dimples in human history.

This musician is playing a tiny club in Ballard Wednesday night. She's using her given name now rather than the stage name listed here. She's also an actress, she's in the Fantastic Beasts franchise. Might just have the cutest dimples in human history.
    That's good stuff.
    Mark Twain.

"thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut