Page 123 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124 LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 3079

Thread: What Song are you Listening To Right Now ?

Mozart: Flute Concerto #2
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Smells like Teen Spirit live. Was showing my daughter Dave Grohl take that song to a new level with his drumming.

Nirvana didn't get huge until they had Dave behind them. Something to consider.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Smells like Teen Spirit live. Was showing my daughter Dave Grohl take that song to a new level with his drumming.

Nirvana didn't get huge until they had Dave behind them. Something to consider.
    Dave Grohl was considered when Tom Petty was looking for a new drummer (I think it was around the time of the Wildflowers album). There's a recording of him playing drums on Honeybee.

Second Chance - Shinedown

"And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Something new from Delain. Most of their stuff is heavier but this highlights Charlotte's voice. She's gone back to being a redhead after being bleached blonde for a while. Probably not every goth or symphonic metal band is from Netherlands, it only seems that way.

Santiano - Frei wie der Wind (Free as the Wind)

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Night Vision ~ Pieces of a Dream

RIP to David Roback, one of the founders of this band.

First I have ever listened to any Taylor Swift. I have known about her since Matt Bouldin days, but never listened. So I decided to give it a go, Old Dog-New Tricks and all that.
    I really like some of the songs. I don't know if I could make it through a concert, but how much of that would be the music and how much the 'adoring' fans, I don't know. I think I have like the video versions better than the on stage versions
    Anyway, this one feels like my new favorite. I love the lyrics and the message, and she is easy on the eyes as well.

Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    First I have ever listened to any Taylor Swift. I have known about her since Matt Bouldin days, but never listened. So I decided to give it a go, Old Dog-New Tricks and all that.
    I really like some of the songs. I don't know if I could make it through a concert, but how much of that would be the music and how much the 'adoring' fans, I don't know. I think I have like the video versions better than the on stage versions
    Anyway, this one feels like my new favorite. I love the lyrics and the message, and she is easy on the eyes as well.

I listen to plenty of music that I'm sure I am not the target demographic for. Just don't date her, she'll write a scathing song about you when it's done. That's her thing.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    I listen to plenty of music that I'm sure I am not the target demographic for. Just don't date her, she'll write a scathing song about you when it's done. That's her thing.
    A poor, 71 year old married man is probably not in her dating wheelhouse.

I get that a lot of her songs are about that, but haven't seen that she names any names, so also don't see that anyone is really hurt.

Why ya got to be so mean?

I feel like the music to her song "Lover" is just a slowed down version of "Somebody to Love," I don't know if the music notes are exact, but you can pretty easily sing the Queen lyrics during parts of her song. I can hear it more easily than I could hear "I won't back down" in "Stay with Me."

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    I feel like the music to her song "Lover" is just a slowed down version of "Somebody to Love," I don't know if the music notes are exact, but you can pretty easily sing the Queen lyrics during parts of her song. I can hear it more easily than I could hear "I won't back down" in "Stay with Me."
    Kind of like from the movie Anchors Aweigh where Jose Iturbi is playing a Tchaikovsky song and Sinatra is singing contemporary words.

Tonight We Love
    (1941) (uncredited)
    Music from "Piano Concerto No. 1 in B-flat minor, Op. 23" (1874-5)
    By Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
    Music adapted by Freddy Martin and Ray Austin
    Lyrics by Bobby Worth
    Played on piano by José Iturbi and sung a bit by Frank Sinatra

Many, dare I say most, songs have a connection, consciously or not, to other songs. There are a finite number of notes and a limited number of words. Exactly how they are put together is the magic.

Lullaby - Gerry Cinnamon

"And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Kind of like from the movie Anchors Aweigh where Jose Iturbi is playing a Tchaikovsky song and Sinatra is singing contemporary words.

Tonight We Love
    (1941) (uncredited)
    Music from "Piano Concerto No. 1 in B-flat minor, Op. 23" (1874-5)
    By Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
    Music adapted by Freddy Martin and Ray Austin
    Lyrics by Bobby Worth
    Played on piano by José Iturbi and sung a bit by Frank Sinatra

Many, dare I say most, songs have a connection, consciously or not, to other songs. There are a finite number of notes and a limited number of words. Exactly how they are put together is the magic.
    But I think it's usually acknowledged when a previously written melody is used in a song isn't it? Off the top of my head, "This Night" by Billy Joel is a Beethoven piece, I know Beethoven gets an acknowledgement in the album booklet.

Why ya got to be so mean?
    Hehe. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy some of her songs. She can definitely craft a catchy tune.

That's a whole can of worms. I think plenty of songs inadvertently sound real similar to other songs, and then there are just blatant rip offs. There are probably countless examples. One I always think of, Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me" and Shania Twain's "Any Man Of Mine" are pretty much the same song w/ different lyrics and instrumentation. But Mutt Lange wrote and produced both, so he's merely copying himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    But I think it's usually acknowledged when a previously written melody is used in a song isn't it? Off the top of my head, "This Night" by Billy Joel is a Beethoven piece, I know Beethoven gets an acknowledgement in the album booklet.
    I may just view it from a different perspective. In jewelry, just one or two different lines makes the design a new piece. Added together with having to have the financial wherewithal to do anything about design theft, and it's a non issue.

I resisted putting my work on line for years after finding a piece copied and offered in a national, wholesale catalog. I finally just realized that if no one can see it, NO one can see it. I guess that's how I quit worrying about the bomb.

In music, how much changing from the song heard is allowed to be considered a new song? I don't know the answer and couldn't find it in a google search, but there is a position that, no matter how much it reminds you of another song, legally it may be a different one.
    Last edited by willandi; 02-26-2020 at 06:48 PM.

What You Won't Do For Love ~ Jessie Ware

Amnesia - Red Sun Rising

Video is a bit annoying as they kill the bit by overdoing it... but cool song.

Delain again. I can't keep track of the lead singer's hair color.

Kicking it old school...

Shoop - Salt-N-Pepa

Fletcher Memorial Home - Pink Floyd

BeeGees - Don't Fall in Love With Me

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!